PDA

View Full Version : Power cuts!

Odaisé Gaelach
12-31-2006, 05:54 PM
Most of Monaghan (and probably the rest of Ireland) is being battered by a big bloody storm today.

For two hours earlier on the power went out. I spent the time lying on the couch, in the dark, listening to my iPod.

Whether my sanity would've survived is another matter. Luckily the power came back on just a few minutes ago.

So what do you do when a power cut hits?

Spammerman
12-31-2006, 05:55 PM
Eat.

Leeza
12-31-2006, 08:03 PM
A whole two hours? :)

We had two power outages this month. One lasted a day and one lasted four days. During the last power outage (and every other power outage), I lit up about 20 candles and sat in front of my natural gas fireplace so that I wouldn't freeze. Thank God for natural gas. I also caught up on my reading while listening to the radio telling me that others probably wouldn't get their power back on for a week. :cat:

Owen Macwere
12-31-2006, 08:11 PM
Can't see what you are complaining about, honestly. :rolleyes2
Here we have power just about 4 hours a day, so we spend about 20 hours with no power at all, thus we have to use power generators, but still those wont work forever.
So basically at my house (and it is an acception cause we use the generator alot) we have power from 5 PM until 12 AM. that's all. And somedays we have nothing at all if the generator decides to suddenly stop working.

Dixie
12-31-2006, 08:16 PM
Eat.I do that, but I cry, too. ;_;

Rye
12-31-2006, 08:16 PM
The power outage was probably that one a few years ago that affected all of the North East here. It lasted about 12 hours for me.

Most of the time, I read and eat. xD

Dr Aum
12-31-2006, 10:44 PM
Curl up in the foetal position.

Madame Adequate
12-31-2006, 10:45 PM
Riot.

~*~Celes~*~
12-31-2006, 10:46 PM
During a power out, I sit there and think about how bored I am :(

Old Manus
12-31-2006, 10:47 PM
I make youtube videos expressing my anger.

Little Blue
12-31-2006, 10:52 PM
Continue using the internet, unless the phones are also out... Charged laptops ftw! Didn't even notice the last power cut I had until I saw my VCR had reset and my dad appeared with a torch (I sometimes sit in the dark with nothing but my computer or laptop on...) :(

LoveArya
01-01-2007, 12:32 AM
I could possibly live. I live in a subarban town.
My friends are next door, I can walk to work and practices, so Im pretty much ok. Unless I'm talking to someone important, then I sit there and get mad, or I take a bath/shower, then I go outside with my friends and walk to the store in the rain. Theres alot of interesting people to talk to there:)

Jojee
01-01-2007, 12:39 AM
Read, eat, draw, play with boy and friends. ^^ Sometimes I think a little power outage would be good for me, will take me away from this ebil computer more :3

Xaven
01-01-2007, 12:43 AM
My friends are next door, I can walk to work and practices, so Im pretty much ok. Unless I'm talking to someone important, then I sit there and get mad, or I take a bath/shower, then I go outside with my friends and walk to the store in the rain. Theres alot of interesting people to talk to there:)
Showering in the dark = sad panda.

Power outages are luckily a rare occurrance for me. In the past, they were mostly during the night or evening, so I would either go out to get something to eat, or go to bed.

I can't remember the last power outage I had.

LoveArya
01-01-2007, 12:48 AM
Showering in the dark = sad panda.

I had a lantern in the dark:eek:

The Unknown Guru
01-01-2007, 12:52 AM
I live in Seattle. Well, not exactly IN Seattle, but in the middle of nowhere east of Seattle.

This huge storm hit the area a couple weeks ago, and we had no power for a week. I ate, read, and slept. Even after our power was back, we had no telephone or internet service until today.

StarlightAngel
01-01-2007, 01:02 AM
I live in Seattle. Well, not exactly IN Seattle, but in the middle of nowhere east of Seattle.

This huge storm hit the area a couple weeks ago, and we had no power for a week about... four days? I ate, read, and slept.

We also ended up tagging along with my dad and heading to Portland, where we stayed at a warm hotel for a day.

Chimp
01-01-2007, 01:59 AM
<!--I don't know why my post got deleted. Since when is masturbation a bad word? It is perfectly healthy.

I masturbate to my, quote, "IMAGINATIONZ," as stated earlier, because if the power is out that means I cannot masturbate to the high quality media provided by the internet.-->
If you know that your post has been removed, reposting it is not a good idea. ~ Leeza

41-Inches-Wide
01-01-2007, 02:15 AM
I sleep. I'm like bats or something.

Yuffie514
01-01-2007, 04:34 AM
usually, i head outside. there was a longer one in 2003 where my brother and i set up candles around the house.

YTDN
01-01-2007, 09:28 AM
I read, eat, sit, attempt to do my homework, and one time I played Monopoly. That was a really bad power cut

starseeker
01-01-2007, 10:06 AM
I look for the candles and a big book. One time, me and my siblings had fights in the dark. That was interesting.