PDA

View Full Version : Creepy/weird postcards.

Sakura Yume
10-05-2001, 06:23 AM
It's sorta freaky cos I went and checked the mail this afternoon and I found a postcard addressed to me. Now you're probably wondering what's so weird about that but the thing is, instead of a picture, the front said POSTCARD in the middle, and EoFF in the bottom lefthand corner. Also, it had no sender or writing on it. Just a bunch of scribble lines like you do when you're a lil kid pretending something has writing on it. It's sooooo weird. What should I make of it? Has anyone else received something like this?

Relena Peacecraft
10-05-2001, 06:26 AM
That's kind of cool/creepy. I don't know what to make of it, and I'd probably freak out if I got something like that. Anyway, I know nothing about it. Maybe someone else will be more useful.

But it was just POSTCARD, EOFF, and some scribbly lines????

Evil...

Dark Holy
10-05-2001, 06:26 AM
...interesting. I didn't get anything like that but, then again, nobody knows my address. ;) Maybe it's a "summoning". :eek:

Kalen
10-05-2001, 06:28 AM
Awesome. Maybe it was from Del Snizz. His hand writing sux0rs. ;D

Sakura Yume
10-05-2001, 06:35 AM
No it wasn't Mike. I've had a postcard from him before and it looks nothing like that. The writings too big and too not cursive for that. I can actually read the address (there pretty much only is the address to read). He could have disguised his handwriting though. *ponders*

Dee
10-05-2001, 06:40 AM
That's messed up. I would either

1) Disregard it or

2) Seek eternal revenge to who sent it.

I would pick 2.

Dr Unne
10-05-2001, 06:42 AM
Tell us what the address is, maybe. Or perhaps just the city. Maybe we can figure out who it's from.

Rainecloud
10-05-2001, 07:52 AM
That is a mystery...and why would anybody do something like that?

I hope you find the culprit.

Sakura Yume
10-06-2001, 09:11 AM
The stamp is a New Zealand one but I can't think who would send something like this. Apparently I'm not the only one to have received one of these postcards.

Big Ogre Umaro
10-06-2001, 09:20 AM
Well, Tammy informed me that none of the people that live in NZ (those that would have access to NZ stamps, ya know) have both Tammy's address and that of the other party that recieved such a postcard. So I got nothin.

Loony BoB
10-06-2001, 10:41 AM
It seems to be a New Zealander... so... the suspects are:

Me. No... I send BIG letters xD
Kel. Um... nah. Too innocent.
Jooz. Nah, she's a friend, so yeah.
Tammy. Nah, she's Tammy. Though... that *would* make for an interesting attention seeker thing...
Nicky. Nicky's too timid. xD
G. Phhhbt, he aint been here for donkey years.
'suBu. Nah... he can't afford that :p He's from Dargaville.
Sus. Phhhbt, she aint been here for donkey years.

*runs outta ideas*

Wyllius
10-06-2001, 03:02 PM
I got one of those this morning, I'll get a pic later.

Rydia of Mist
10-06-2001, 06:41 PM
So now both Wyll and DC have received strange postcards like that? Odd... I'm just waiting for one to land in <I>my</I> mailbox. o_O

Thus far the only mail I've received from people around here have been postcards from Snizz and Proto, a letter from BoB, and a CD/letter from Robb.

Pancaek
10-06-2001, 06:49 PM
That's freaky. o_O;

I don't think I'll get that postcard. Nobody here has my address. =P

Rainecloud
10-06-2001, 06:54 PM
I'm quite intrigued. I wonder if this mystery sender will reveal him/herself.

I wouldn't mind getting one of these cards actually.

Dr Unne
10-06-2001, 07:53 PM
*adds another item to the List of Reasons Never to Give Out my Address to Anyone*

BatChao
10-06-2001, 07:57 PM
That is scary.... :whoa: Do u have a scanner? Scan a pic of it! I wanna see this thing. And what is the moral of this story? Don't give your address out to strangers! Blech.

Seifer
10-06-2001, 08:27 PM
Check it out over in the photo thread.:D It's over there.

Pretty weird, methinks. Wonder who sent it.....

Mikztsu
10-06-2001, 08:30 PM
I just find this hilarious.:D

Hmm..*ponders who could it be*

Ally
10-06-2001, 08:47 PM
That's freakishly funny. *laughs*

I probably won't get one of those... only one member here has my address, and he never writes to me. :P

Wyllius
10-06-2001, 08:51 PM
Here:
http://members.aol.com/rabtheref/CARD.jpg

Loony BoB
10-06-2001, 11:16 PM
Y'no what hacks me off? I put my address for my location. Do *I* get freaky mail? Nooooooo! I've sent mail to:

Emma
Chicky
Scooter
Kalen
My Ken
BonBon
Jooz
Proteddy
Ashley
Ang

I've got mail from:

Emma
Jooz
Del

I expect mail from many people, but doubt it'll happen >_< Except Kalen. She's onto it!

Rinoabella
10-07-2001, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Wyllius
Here:
http://members.aol.com/rabtheref/CARD.jpg

<font color=#FFCCFF>Wyllius, are you being serious? If you are...then that is really scary how you 3 all got identical postcards by an unknown sender!

Chickencha
10-07-2001, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Loony BoB
I expect mail from many people, but doubt it'll happen >_< Except Kalen. She's onto it!

Hey now! I'm gonna mail ya back in the next few weeks. I better, or just about everyone else in New Zealand's gonna be mad at me too since I'm gonna mail them at the same time. :P

Big Ogre Umaro
10-07-2001, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Dr Unne
*adds another item to the List of Reasons Never to Give Out my Address to Anyone*
What's the reason, Unne? You'll get funny postcards? Pfft.

Sakura Yume
10-07-2001, 02:17 AM
The sender should be a Kiwi but none of them fit the description... This is weird. No-one from NZ could possibly have ALL the addy's. The people that have mine from NZ are:

Julie-Ann (Jewels)
Mike (Cloud Strife)
Suds (Sudz)
Ramon (Wasubu)

And none of these people would send it or know the other people's addy's. All I can say is that this beats me completely. If anyone else gets a postcard do tell please so we can figure out who sent these creepy things. *goes and hides under her bed for now* Btw, mine looks just like Wyll's.

Jewels
10-07-2001, 03:51 AM
<font color=#CC33FF>I got a postcard too!

All the mail was on the kitchen bench when I got home from being in the States and I just got so freaked out when I saw the postcard. What a time to be sent.....

CloudDragon
10-07-2001, 04:03 AM
That is pretty weird. I wonder who would do something like this. Well I haven't gotten that postcard. No one here knows my address...or do they? There could be some freaky hacker among us. Scary thought.

Shoeberto
10-07-2001, 04:12 AM
<font color="#009999">
Gee, Scoob, let's get in the Mystery Machine and wait for the other guys to, like, figure it out! (Rooby rooby roo!)

I think this would be interesting to recieve, as long as it doesn't have a bomb attached to it.

Calliope
10-07-2001, 05:03 AM
three people? man, this is weird...postcard bandit! why do you torment us so?

Ashi
10-07-2001, 05:23 AM
<font color=CE90E2 size=2>0_0 that's <b>so</b> weird. I hope it's just someone's idea of a joke.

No, I've never gotten a weird postcard or mail. Though I do recieve friendly packages from a friend and other people every now and then. =D

Sakura Yume
10-08-2001, 05:10 AM
Heh, postcard bandit... who's to say who's next... THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE. *scares herself*

Loony BoB
10-09-2001, 02:15 AM
If anyone who got a postcard could scan the postcard with the addressed side showing, that'd be dandy. I'd like to see the time/date sent, and the writing... I have it narrowed down to three people. I think. xD

Calliope
10-09-2001, 03:16 AM
yikes! i got one too...that means there have been postcards to me, Dreamcatcher, Wyllius, Jewels and Loony BoB....why? *can't imagine who did it or why*

Rinoabella
10-09-2001, 05:56 AM
<font color=#FFCCFF>My Mum just gave me mine O_o She said it came in the mail today.

(I took out my addy in the pictures :P)

http://www.virtue.nu/passionberry/pics/front.jpg http://www.virtue.nu/passionberry/pics/back.jpg

She also said that it wasn't sent through the post, it was probably delivered personally cos there are no marks indicating it was sent through the mail! *has a feeling who it might be* The writing (or my address) is really neat too :rolleyes2

It's really weird, cos I just told Daniel last night that I was hoping not to get one!

CloudDragon
10-09-2001, 06:02 AM
Hmm this mystery is getting closed to be solved. Find out who did it next time on...UNSLOVED MYSTERIES!

Supernova Goes Pop
10-09-2001, 09:49 AM
I've got the answer! Del Snizz did it! BLAME SNIZZ! Or Canada.

Calliope
10-09-2001, 09:55 AM
kelly! yours looks just like mine...but ours are different to wyll's and jewels!

if canada were gone, there'd be no celine dion!

Cactuar2000
10-09-2001, 10:16 AM
I know who it is.

Actually I'm not 100% certain, but it sure sounded good. Lets just say it's an educated guess. ;)

Supernova Goes Pop
10-09-2001, 12:56 PM
Yeah. It was Celine Dion, and the rest of those two inch high Canadian midget.s

Loony BoB
10-09-2001, 08:36 PM
My prime suspects: Kelly, Jooz & Tammy. And there's a good chance it's two or all of them, too. :p

*is gutted that he didn't come up with the idea, coz it's kinda ingenious*

So, what's your idea, Cacky?

Mikztsu
10-09-2001, 08:40 PM
Haha, I bet it's <i>you</i> Daniel.:D I just got this feeling...

Okay, how many New Zealanders has Wyll's address?

Loony BoB
10-09-2001, 11:21 PM
It wasn't me. My writing is very, very different... that, and it was HAND DELIVERED to Kelly's house - narrowing her sender to the two people who could do that, being Jooz and herself. Heh... I only just found out Kel's address the other night (like... last night). Oh, and I don't know Tammy's address at all. So... yeah.

Wyllius' address? Well, I don't know... I don't have it in my JD6000A, that's for sure. Though, I could find it in a log or something, I'm sure.

If I did this, Kalen, Scottie, Chicky, BonBon, Asorie, Rydia, Proto and Ashley would also get one. :p

*gets an idea*

Rinoabella
10-10-2001, 12:48 AM
<font color=#FFCCFF>Daniel, it's DEFINITELY not me. I don't think it'd be Jewels either. Besides, I wouldn't waste a 40c stamp you guys! hee hee j/k But seriously I REALLY want to know who's doing all this!

Sakura Yume
10-10-2001, 04:08 AM
*doesn't have Wyll, Nicky or Daniel's addy.* Daniel's is very accessible but meh. My prime suspect erm.. Daniel (of course) though no-one seems to fit in unless like Daniel said, there are 2 people in which case I have no idea. Postcard count now: 6. Can anyone see any pattern *would've said NZer's if it weren't for Wyll*

BlackCapedManX
10-10-2001, 05:40 AM
Maybe you all just won a EOFF contest and just don't know it......

Cactuar2000
10-10-2001, 09:24 AM
I know! :P

Only two EoFFers have my address, so when it arrived in the mail this morning, I sort of gathered who it was. ;)

Only Calliope and Bleys have it, and with NZ stamps on the postcard, you do the math.

Mikztsu
10-10-2001, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Cactuar2000
I know! :P

Only two EoFFers have my address, so when it arrived in the mail this morning, I sort of gathered who it was. ;)

Only Calliope and Bleys have it, and with NZ stamps on the postcard, you do the math.

Hah, I told Daniel and Nicky earlier that they probably did this together. :D

Now I´m sure, and I know Daniel is involved too. *laughs* That was funniest thing. I also thought it hard to believe that Kelly, Jewels or Tammy could get idea like that.

Supernova Goes Pop
10-10-2001, 10:00 AM
'Twas Canada, ye filthy seadogs, says me!

Rinoabella
10-10-2001, 10:42 AM
<font color=#FFCCFF>Ok, so we have narrowed down the suspects to Daniel and Nicky! Which means...Daniel tricked me on the phone when I asked him!? But Daniel didn't have my address until after I received the postcard, and I'm pretty sure that Nicky doesn't have my address O_o

This is all VERY confusing.

Calliope
10-10-2001, 11:06 AM
was it daniel? no. was it scottie? no. I am the postcard bandit! and i've been laughing at you all this week! (especially jewels and towns :D )

it was MY idea...and towns was NOT involved at all! ha! hahahaha! fools! and i would have gotten away with it too...if it weren't for you crazy kids and your stupid dog...

yes...i sent postcards to simon, tammy, jewels (sorry to freak you out there :D ), wyllius and a few others who have yet to receive theirs...

actually, rainecloud, i happen to have one spare postcard so if you, or anyone else would like a postcard, PM me your address and i'll send it on it's way :D

PS - the Dumbass Award goes to Towns for saying "Nicky? nah...she's too timid" (ha!) and the Scooby Doo award goes to Mikztsu for saying "as soon as i heard of it, i thought of you"

you can mock me now...but i know where you live!

Cactuar2000
10-10-2001, 01:34 PM
Pfft, you were a minor suspect. You might not have been the prime but you were shifty enough. >=D

Ashi
10-10-2001, 01:40 PM
<font color=CE90E2 Size=2>Oooo! ;) Nice one, Calliope.

Mikztsu
10-10-2001, 02:30 PM
Hah, but I gotta admit that that at one point I didn't suspect you <i>that</i> much, Nicky.:D Daniel at one point was my prime suspect, but as I told you earlier I started suspecting you more than Daniel yesterday, allthough simultaneously I thought you and Daniel did this together.:P

Okay, I want some details:

How did you get Kellý's address, if she hadn't given it to you? >=) And how did you deliver the letter to her (detailed story)? She lives far away from you?

Did you send all those postcards on the same day?

Was this attempt to frame Towns?:D

What stuff you wrote one those postcards?

Hmm..Should we fear now?=P

Hehe, anyways I think this is one of the funniest (if not most funny) things in EoFF's history. Nicely done. =)

Nait
10-10-2001, 02:39 PM
That was most amusing. Though I would had suspected those who got a card. Did Cal "get" a card? Can't be buggered to remember that.

Calliope
10-10-2001, 08:23 PM
okay here we go:

1) yes i made sure i got a card. i thought maybe i shouldn't have given towns one, but everyone suspected him anyway so it doesn't matter :D

2) that card was NOT hand-delivered to kelly's house...that is a mystery...

3) i also wondered how wyllius got his before me or towns got mine...that was freaky

4) if i was going to do this again, i'd send all the overseas postcards about five days in advance of the nz ones.

5) if i was going to do this again, i'd also have run off with towns' magic diary so i could send even more :D

6) on the postcards i just wrote "postcard/the postcard" on the front, the person's address on the back, and some scribbly lines instead of actual writing - just like in the pictures.

7) i have my methods of deducing people's addresses...actually i was surprised wyllius didn't blame me cos i only asked for his address a few days before he got his postcard...maybe he was playing along?

okay, feel free to challenge/insult/compliment me now ;)

CloudDragon
10-10-2001, 08:31 PM
This ends are episode of UNSOLVED MYSTERIES. Tune in next time to see some mysterious cases. *Unsloved Mysteries theme plays*

Mikztsu
10-10-2001, 08:39 PM
Haha, okay;

What are these ways of yours getting people's address?:D

That's really odd that Wyll got his card before Daniel.*O_O* What kinda Mailmen there is in New Zealand?=) And forgot mark that Kelly's card even. Hehe...

Wow, I just love these things...

Calliope
10-10-2001, 08:51 PM
i had a few...i asked some people for theirs...i asked other people...i used bribes...

"oh yeah, i was wondering if i could write to you cos i am really bored and you're just so great so can i have your address?"

hehehenyahaha!

...and by the way...that wasn't the only evil plan i came up with in the holidays :D

so maybe there will be another episode of UNSOLVED MYSTERIES!

Mikztsu
10-10-2001, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Calliope

...and by the way...that wasn't the only evil plan i came up with in the holidays :D

so maybe there will be another episode of UNSOLVED MYSTERIES!

Hehe...I wouldn't be so sure about this unsolvedness of possible next one. When something freaky happens, we know who to point our fingers at now.:D

Jewels
10-11-2001, 01:14 AM
<font color=#CC33FF>Nicky! I don't know what to say but I am going to find out who told you my address......

Calliope
10-11-2001, 01:19 AM
hehehehe....

Rinoabella
10-11-2001, 04:09 AM
<font color=#FFCCFF>*still doesn't know who sent her postcard*

Nicky, if you did something like this again...we'd all know it was you :P

Sakura Yume
10-11-2001, 05:10 AM
Now then, we know Nicky had an associate so I say within 24 hours that person reveals themselves. Else we'll have to er.... something. Anyone got any ideas who it is?

Shin FireCross
10-11-2001, 05:16 AM
Hey It might be me........

:skull: you never know.....:skull:

Shlup
10-11-2001, 06:52 AM
Dunno what yer talkin' about. The only person here who'd have my addy though would be Prot, though he prolly don't have it no more. The only wierd postcard I've gotten was from a friend when he went off to Itally and he sent me a postcard of pigs having sex.

Supernova Goes Pop
10-11-2001, 08:25 AM
SQ, that mentioning of pigs having sex gave me an erection. >=]

CloudDragon
10-11-2001, 09:34 PM
HEH. Well anyway it still could be an UNSOLVED MYSTERY because she may get somone else to do what else she has in mind. Maybe the person that helped her with this, if anyone did.

Sakura Yume
10-12-2001, 03:57 AM
Mwah hahaha, nobody discovered any proof it was *drum roll* ME!!!!!! of course it was me >=) I now must laugh at the people who suspected me, then didn't suspect me then suspected me, then didn't again. I must also laugh at Mik in particular for thinking I couldn't get an idea like this. Yes I am the second postcard bandit *mwah hahaha's again* Btw, I'd say Evan was just about the only person who suspected me in particular the whole time *congrats Evan for not being fooled*.

The other details that Nicky didn't mention earlier (and some she did) go like this:

1) I also made sure I had a card.

2) Although I sent Kelly's card it wasn't hand delivered I assure you. I have no transportation and wouldn't be bothered doing that anyway.

3) I sent the postcard's to Daniel and Nicky so that Daniel wouldn't recognise Nicky's handwriting and Nicky sent postcards to me and Julie-Ann so Julie-Ann wouldn't recognise my handwriting

4) the differences in the postcards were obviously because different people made them

5) we made sure that some of the addresses weren't originally known by the receivers so that we wouldn't be suspects.

Comments or queries about the scam now anyone. Ask away, all will be revealed... *leaves to make more plots*

Rinoabella
10-12-2001, 05:26 AM
<font color=#FFCCFF>Daniel and I were both convinced it was Tammy at first! (Ask Jewels) It's STILL a mystery how my postcard arrived unmarked! And I STILL don't know how you two got my addy!

Chickencha
10-12-2001, 06:02 AM
Er, yeah you do. I told you I gave it to Tammy, remember?

Kawaii Ryûkishi
10-12-2001, 06:26 AM
Wow, it's a good thing I completely ignored this thread up until now, or I might have been mildly confused by all this. Hah.

*wins*

eestlinc
10-12-2001, 06:46 AM
I'm with Kishi on this one...

Rinoabella
10-12-2001, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Chickencha
Er, yeah you do. I told you I gave it to Tammy, remember?

<font color=#FFCCFF>Yikes, I completely forgot about that! :rolleyes2

Don't worry Kishi, your turn will come.

Loony BoB
10-12-2001, 09:53 AM
No comment? Well, Nicky, Tammy and I have already discussed everything, including how terrorism should not be tolerated on this immense scale (yes, for some, this caused terror), and how I shall forever be scarred that I couldn't go ahead with *my* plan, and also that I shall not maim Nicky on Friday.

Friday being today, which is nearly over.

Everyone, by all means, PM me with your intended violent reactions, and I shall carry them out tomorrow for you, at work. Dandy. *evilness*

*knew it was Tammy. Kinda*

Nicky, I still think you're timid.

Big Ogre Umaro
10-12-2001, 11:43 PM
I got mine today. Yay. *will never again give Tammy any information about himself* ;P

Wyllius
10-12-2001, 11:48 PM
I thought it was Nicky.
*Wins*

Calliope
10-13-2001, 12:04 PM
yeah? well....i thought Wyllius thought it was me *wins*

oh yeah, if you got an indecipherable shinyish postcard which says "postcard" and has messy wavy lines on the back, it was from me.

if you got a neatly written postcard which says "the postcard" with small wavy lines and stuff, that was from my accomplice/spy/partner in crime Tammy.

sheesh. first i'm a communist (materialism thread), now i'm a terrorist. what next?

and as for the other evil plans Tammy and I came up with during the holidays, they will be executed by ourselves, as ourselves. so you need'nt be afraid. well, so afraid.

Sakura Yume
10-14-2001, 02:48 AM
You got your's BOU? YAY!!! I thought they'd been intercepted or something and that I'd wasted $8 on postage heh. Bou, you can count that as me having written to ya now. And btw, it's only neat cos I put quite a bit of time into it, first making a mock-up, and comparing it to the one I got from Del earlier in the year.

Calliope
10-15-2001, 08:47 PM
what is taking so loooooooooong?

angel
10-16-2001, 10:43 AM
oooooh .... i knew it ..!

i got one 2!
today ..... ARGH!

WHY YOU EVIL TAMMY!

ARGH!

Calliope
10-17-2001, 03:21 AM
angel, that was from me :D

angel
10-19-2001, 06:35 AM
but i never gave you my adress!

Mikztsu
10-19-2001, 11:36 PM
Haha...I got mine today, and date says it was sent October 3rd (Same date as the others, I assume), and I received mine today, October 19th! I would've not guessed that I'll get one of these anymore.

I guess it has traveled one week inside New Zealand somewhere, and another week outside New Zealand. :D To me our post office said that it'll take 4 - 8 days for mail to travel from Finland to NZ.
You need new mailmen or something; Daniel got his card after Wyll's, evethough Wyll lives in Scotland, and mine took two weeks. *ö_ö*

Yeah, it is a very nice postcard, thank you.:)

Loony BoB
10-20-2001, 09:39 AM
Mik - My card was posted after Wyllius' one. Different dates, as mine was posted on the seventh. Anyhow, as for the time... well, if *I* posted it, it would've arrived faster. It's a thing, I guess - never take longer than one week when delivered by me ;)

Wyllius
10-20-2001, 11:09 AM
I recieved a Nicky Letter, The Fishfood FAILED.
*WINS*

Calliope
10-20-2001, 03:37 PM
damn! the fishfood failed? how can it fail?! it is excellent fishfood! and Mik, yes i think the NZ postal service is stupid. how does Doccers get his mail so incredibly fast? oh yeah and Mik, you're welcome. and doccers, i know where you live!