PDA

View Full Version : Misheard Lyrics~

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
01-01-2007, 03:47 AM
Are there any lyrics in songs that you have misheard? Well, I was listening to this Fallout Boy song called, This Ain't A Scene, It's an Arms Race, and I thought it sounded fine. But then I saw this video on youtube on that song:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LucfKdukf10

It's misheard lyrics and now, I sing the misheard ones, I have no idea why but it's what comes out of my mouth. Even if you don't like Fallout Boy, watch the video, it's hilarious. SRSLY. GO DO IT. :D

Anyways, the topic is, Is there any song that you heard something different to what the real lyrics are? If so, what song, and what did you hear instead of the real lyrics? :bigsmile:

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-01-2007, 03:47 AM
lots and lots of rap songs

vorpal blade
01-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Also into cats, also into cats...

cutest little cats I ever did see, and a funny little video.

I usually can't understand a word of what people sing. I misheard the words "There once was a not" as "there once was a goat" (The Who, Pure and Easy). That's all I can think of now.

Yar
01-01-2007, 10:00 AM
That "Rock The Casbah" commercial comes to mind.

Araciel
01-01-2007, 10:01 AM
'don't ever leave your pizza burnin'

is a great song by the rolling stones

tailz
01-01-2007, 10:17 AM
fishmaster, oh no i mean wishmaster.

just search for nightwish misheard on youtube :D

starseeker
01-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Nightwish songs have lyrics that are so easy to mishear. Wishmaster has already been mentioned but I kept mishearing the lyrics in Dead Boy's Poem as well. ('Walk with me in my palm tree' instead of 'walk with me my poetry')

Xander
01-01-2007, 12:46 PM
I can only remember two of my stupid ones, that I posted in lastfm ages ago, but I know I have loaaaads more.

This one is a bit dirty >_> (But my mind is kinda like that..xD) I thought in the go! team song, Hold yr terror close, the line "see if you come out ahead" (if it is that) was "seeing you come on your hair" x_x;;

And there's a line in a she wants revenge song that makes me laugh. It goes "When you look back now was it special?" and I always think it says "when you look back I was a special" and it reminds me of something from a Danny Wallace book, where this foreign woman calls him "a special" it's just really funny XD

Yeah, probably not amusing to anyone but me, but hey :D

Ohohoh I forgot, my colleague Simon is also the master of this.... Lysergic Bliss by Of Montreal, goes something like "everything will appear.... rosy and clear, rosy and clear" and he sings "rosie and jim" even though its OBVIOUSLY not going to be that. And in Orson's Bright Idea, he sang "big idea" or something and kept doing it :3

Araciel
01-01-2007, 01:15 PM
oh-o here she comes...she's a bad reader!

lookin for gloves in all the wrong places...

Dr Aum
01-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Happens to me pretty often, especially in non-English music. My mother, though, is the queen of this--she can't get a song lyric right to save her life.

By the way, there's actually a term for mishearing lyrics: mondegreen. It's derived from some woman who heard a verse "and killed so-and-so and laid him on the green" as "and killed so-and-so and Lady Mondegreen" and went on to publish collections of famous mondegreens, a term she coined. Things like the infamous Numa Numa song lyrics and this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNbjGxFFffk) also count as mondegreens.

Shoeberto
01-01-2007, 06:37 PM
I've done it a lot with mc chris songs.
"Like Adobe Photoshop, you're bonin' Robocop" is actually "Like Adobe Photoshop, Red Foreman in Robocop."

Nirvana's lyrics are easy to misunderstand, too.

Roto13
01-01-2007, 08:31 PM
There's some Alanis Morisette song about being perfectly compatible with someone and there's a line that goes "You see all my light and you love my dark," and I thought it was "You see all my light and you love my dog."

Personally, I think my line is better. I mean, it's like another version of getting along with someone's kids. It's such a sweet line!

charliepanayi
01-01-2007, 08:45 PM
The chorus to The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite by R.E.M. - took me years to realise it was 'call me when you try to wake her'.