PDA

View Full Version : FFV Secret?

Holy Lancer
01-01-2007, 04:34 AM
I have a question. Does anyone remember in the library in Zeza's castle there is a book on the table that says something like "The secret to my power is that of a lancer and a mage".

So my question is what does this mean? I think it has something to do with white mage and the weapon "Holy Lance" anyone know?

Paul
01-01-2007, 05:12 PM
i don't know... tehre is another book that is supposedly secret but they can't decipher it. and bartz is like "I've seen something like this before..." where buddy? WHERE???

also there's an old guy who says BRING ME A FROG

i want to know how to bring him a frog.

Jowy
01-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Use !Catch on one of the Kornago Toads near the village.

Holy Lancer
01-01-2007, 07:44 PM
i don't know... tehre is another book that is supposedly secret but they can't decipher it. and bartz is like "I've seen something like this before..." where buddy? WHERE???

Wrong book. The one in the librarian's hidden room that you get to after you put the 3 books back on their shelves.

Crossblades
01-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Use !Catch on one of the Kornago Toads near the village.

And make sure you have 10,000 Gil

Shin Gouken
01-01-2007, 10:08 PM
The book he has seen before is only one half of two parts of a complete book if i remember

Paul
01-02-2007, 12:07 AM

Wrong book. The one in the librarian's hidden room that you get to after you put the 3 books back on their shelves.
hence the word "another" ;)

The book he has seen before is only one half of two parts of a complete book if i remember
__________________ where is the other half? or is it even in the game?

Jowy: thx 4 da info

nik0tine
01-02-2007, 12:31 AM
"The secret to my power is that of a lancer and a mage".Perhaps it's telling you to learn that lancer ability where you suck HP and MP from the enemy and then give it to a mage. That way you never run out of MP.

Holy Lancer
01-02-2007, 02:12 AM
"The secret to my power is that of a lancer and a mage".Perhaps it's telling you to learn that lancer ability where you suck HP and MP from the enemy and then give it to a mage. That way you never run out of MP.
Or to master Lancer and White Mage and use "Holy" with a Lancer equipped with a "Holy Lance"? Sounds kind of crazy I'm going to do that.

eestlinc
01-17-2007, 07:16 AM
__________________ where is the other half? or is it even in the game?
it's talking about the sealed book that was split in two when the world was split in two. one half is in the ancient library and the other half is in surgate castle.

Crossblades
01-17-2007, 02:29 PM
So my question is what does this mean? I think it has something to do with white mage and the weapon "Holy Lance" anyone know?

It means that he before he turned into a Black Mage, he learned how to use Lances as a Lancer(Dragoon).

In the GBA version, it's different. It says ''I'm a Black Mage who uses Lances" or something similar to that. It's telling you that he learned lances as a Dragoon and then when turned into a Black Mage, he uses the ability to equip Lances.

So it's kinda telling you to mix and match jobs

Holy Lancer
03-07-2007, 08:31 PM

It means that he before he turned into a Black Mage, he learned how to use Lances as a Lancer(Dragoon).

In the GBA version, it's different. It says ''I'm a Black Mage who uses Lances" or something similar to that. It's telling you that he learned lances as a Dragoon and then when turned into a Black Mage, he uses the ability to equip Lances.

So it's kinda telling you to mix and match jobs
I started a new file in GBA and it says:

The Book of Magick, Vol. III
'I'm a mage who knows how to Lance...
This is the secret to my strength...'

:mog:

PATRIHE2001
12-07-2007, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=Dragoonknight;2048788][QUOTE=Paul;2048624]i don't know... tehre is another book that is supposedly secret but they can't decipher it. and bartz is like "I've seen something like this before..." where buddy? WHERE???

TO THE FROG QUESTION - There is a job that allows you to catch monsters.
Choose the trainer job and from the place where the man near the well ask you to bring him a frog go to the grass area and start to walk up & down until the giant frog appears weaken him without killing him and use catch.
When you catch it take it to the guy.

Bolivar
12-07-2007, 05:46 PM
I have a question. Does anyone remember in the library in Zeza's castle there is a book on the table that says something like "The secret to my power is that of a lancer and a mage".

actually that's not a bad idea... i think a white mage with the EqLance ability using the Holy Lance, due to having high Spirit stats, would do incredible damage whenever the spell holy accompanied an attack. It depends on which stat determiines damage with holy. It may be magic, in which case a black mage might be better. it's always good to try new things.

Markus. D
12-08-2007, 02:09 AM

That's a nice exploit there :]

rubah
12-08-2007, 03:22 AM
PATRIHE2001; please don't revive really old threads xD