PDA

View Full Version : Screwing up the game for your benefit.

feioncastor
01-01-2007, 03:48 PM
There's a trick you can do, and I think it only works on the SNES Final Fantasy III. You go to the Veldt with Relm and Gau in your party, have Gau "Leap" and when he returns, quickly have Relm "Sketch" him before he begins talking.

I've done it and gotten a few different results. The game has frozen many times. One time, I got 117 Illuminas. Another time, I got 14 Muscle Belts. I've also gotten Gem Boxes, Ragnaroks, and many other GREAT pieces of equipment. And once, the screen went all funny colors and erased all of my save files, which sucked.

I think if you do it on Playstation, Gau will just run away and then come back at a later fight. I don't remember for sure.

Off topic, but you know how when Gau uses "Leap", he learns the enemies that were there when he leaped and the ones that are there when he returns? Well, if you scare him away, does he still learn the ones that were there when you scared him away? And then he learns more when he comes back and you don't scare him away? Or does scaring him make him not learn them?

Jowy
01-01-2007, 04:08 PM
It also erases your save data spontaneously. ;)

feioncastor
01-01-2007, 04:12 PM
It also erases your save data spontaneously. ;)

I know, it can. I've had that happen. But I've also gotten cool stuff from it.

What sucks the most is that it was on the same cartridge as my almost mastered save file. I started a new game and saved over a different slot, and when I did the Relm Sketch Gau thing, it worked well and gave me some Illuminas. So I did it again, and it froze the game. I shut it off and turned it back on, and my save files were gone, including my almost mastered one that I had spent wayyyyyyy too much time on.

Jowy
01-01-2007, 04:16 PM
I rented the game once and wondered how there were a stupidly high amount of Dirks and Illuminas on the save files. It's fun to do once in a while.

And don't get my started and save files going OPZ LOL BAI.

Avarice-ness
01-01-2007, 06:07 PM
In a box, in a shed, far far away, lies my FFIII cartridge from when I was 9.

I wanna play that glitch. ; ;

Do you think that would work using an emulator? :(

Mirage
01-01-2007, 06:14 PM
It would, because the emulator still processes the faulty code of the FF6 ROM.

forgotten_fantasy
01-15-2007, 12:48 PM
There's a trick you can do, and I think it Off topic, but you know how when Gau uses "Leap", he learns the enemies that were there when he leaped and the ones that are there when he returns? Well, if you scare him away, does he still learn the ones that were there when you scared him away? And then he learns more when he comes back and you don't scare him away? Or does scaring him make him not learn them?

If you scare him away he does not learn.