PDA

View Full Version : Are there any hair removal products for your beard?

Peter_20
01-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Yeah, so I was trying this hair removal product for my legs a while ago (:D) and when I think about it, I don't really like having a beard or a moustache either...

...BUT, I still like to keep it in the future, because I like the shaving routines, and removing it all forever (laser etc.) might result in a big regret.
So, I'd simply like something that removes it all for a couple of weeks or something, and removal creams seem a decent alternative.
Are there any such products?

Chemical
01-01-2007, 04:59 PM
I say have it all removed.

Then you can wear any assorted selection of fancy moustache/ goatee/ MUTTON CHOPS<3/ whatever.

Maybe even an Egyptian chin curl - Think about it.

Odaisé Gaelach
01-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Best and simplest thing to do would be to just keep shaving. :)

Dr Aum
01-01-2007, 05:08 PM
As soon as I become rich (mmm-hmm) one of the first things I'll do is have all my facial hair removed with a laser or somesuch. So I agree with Chemical.

Araciel
01-01-2007, 05:09 PM
i keep my sideburns kinda long, but otherwise i prefer to be hairless in the face, since i can't grow a proper anything...so if you find something, let me know

K-chan
01-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Errr... probably best to just shave it. >> I used to use Nair for my legs, but that stuff makes my skin itchy and it smells horrible. I don't think there's anything hair removal product for beards/mustashes anyway. I mean, would you want that kind of chemical on your face? It's probably some kind of safety hazzard

Araciel
01-01-2007, 05:16 PM
hah hahah...yeah well if that were true i wouldn't want it anywhere near me...the dentist taught me at a young age that my package is the most important part of my body...*cough* a giant lead shield on my lap when he points the x ray at my FACE?!?!?

Chemical
01-01-2007, 05:34 PM
As soon as I become rich (mmm-hmm) one of the first things I'll do is have all my facial hair removed with a laser or somesuch. So I agree with Chemical.

If you're rich why stop there...

Why not be hairless all over...

You'd be like... Mr. Potatoman - But human.

THINK ABOUT IT.

Araciel
01-01-2007, 05:35 PM
why do you want them to be totally hairless??

'dude, i'm a celebrity, im COMPLETELY hairless'

Chemical
01-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Imagine if you were completely hairless you could change anything. You could wear wigs, fake facial hair, fake arm hair, fake back hair.

Super keene rockstar!

Araciel
01-01-2007, 05:40 PM
pah too much work...much more than cutting and shaving and plucking and trimming and...

hrmm...

Chemical
01-01-2007, 05:45 PM
And don't forget you can't grow neon blue hair.

Araciel
01-01-2007, 05:45 PM
with the water around here....

Anaisa
01-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Yeah, so I was trying this hair removal product for my legs a while ago (:D) and when I think about it, I don't really like having a beard or a moustache either...

...BUT, I still like to keep it in the future, because I like the shaving routines, and removing it all forever (laser etc.) might result in a big regret.
So, I'd simply like something that removes it all for a couple of weeks or something, and removal creams seem a decent alternative.
Are there any such products?It's highly unlikely facial hair removing cream will keep you hair free for two weeks. You'd have to have a very slow growth rate to acheive that. Waxing would probably be your best option, but doing that yourself would most likely result in disaster, so you'd probably need a professional to do it, an even that is unlikely to keep you totally hair free for two weeks.
As soon as I become rich (mmm-hmm) one of the first things I'll do is have all my facial hair removed with a laser or somesuch. So I agree with Chemical. Electrolysis isn't expensive, an that removes hair permanently.
Errr... probably best to just shave it. >> I used to use Nair for my legs, but that stuff makes my skin itchy and it smells horrible. I don't think there's anything hair removal product for beards/mustashes anyway. I mean, would you want that kind of chemical on your face? It's probably some kind of safety hazzard There are hair removal creams for facial hair.

Vincent, Thunder God
01-01-2007, 09:55 PM
There's always laser removal (I think you can use it on facial hair) but it's very expensive. Personally I'd rather just keep shaving, or maintain a nice beard/mustache for a while.

~*~Celes~*~
01-01-2007, 09:56 PM
I have hair remover for my beard :bigsmile:

Renmiri
01-01-2007, 11:25 PM
I have hair remover for my beard :bigsmile:

hihi! Me too but as girls you and I only have one or two odd hairs. ;)

Don't shave, beards are sooo sexy! :love:

Citizen Bleys
01-02-2007, 06:23 PM
google "depilatory"

There should be some brand names locally available, and I don't think depilation is permanent.

I should actually look for the opposite...I have a full beard, but my moustache is thinner on one side than on the other.

Burtsplurt
01-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Colour it in!

I have absolutely no suggestions about removing hair, but goddammit I see an opening for a young entrepeneur (pity I'm not a young entrepeneur).

Iceglow
01-02-2007, 08:34 PM
they say that some men can grow a beard and some men cannot. I can. I have thick dark (infact so dark that apart from when my hair is dyed black you think it is black) facial hair. I would gladly lose it too. I kept a beard a couple of times and more than anything it annoys me to hell. All that fuss of keeping it trimmed neat and to the same length. I think the whole five-o-clock shadows look messy.

- - - TAURUS - - -
01-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Ew.

I love my facial hair, it's what makes us males men.

So keep shavin'.

Iceglow
01-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Ew.

I love my facial hair, it's what makes us males men.

So keep shavin'.

What makes us males men is what simply hangs between our legs. What would you do if they told you you had to have chemo-therapy? All your body hair, pubic, leg, facial and head hair heck your eyelashes fall out then. Also in some cases it may not ever grow back. I personally put a lot more faith in being a man on what's between my legs than whether or not I have facial hair.

- - - TAURUS - - -
01-02-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm just claiming I love facial hair.

K-chan
01-03-2007, 01:45 AM
Errr... probably best to just shave it. >> I used to use Nair for my legs, but that stuff makes my skin itchy and it smells horrible. I don't think there's anything hair removal product for beards/mustashes anyway. I mean, would you want that kind of chemical on your face? It's probably some kind of safety hazzard There are hair removal creams for facial hair.

My mistake. : D But still, if I were a guy, I wouldn't trust anything like that on my face. Imagine, if it kills off hair that's growing, what's it going to do to your skin? : P Then again, you never hear about 'beard removal disasters' on the news, so maybe it really isn't as bad as I think it is.

Madonna
01-03-2007, 02:35 AM
I hear fire works well.

Big D
01-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Beards are good. If you like that sort of thing.
However, plucking is a good way to keep it from coming back for a considerable length of time. Painful and tedious, but it works. I've never heard of anyone waxing their face, which probably means it's a bad idea, but it could be worth a try. Strictly at your own risk, though.

Anaisa
01-04-2007, 12:31 AM

My mistake. : D But still, if I were a guy, I wouldn't trust anything like that on my face. Imagine, if it kills off hair that's growing, what's it going to do to your skin? : P Then again, you never hear about 'beard removal disasters' on the news, so maybe it really isn't as bad as I think it is.It doesn't kill hair that's growing, it dissolves it. Even people with sensitive skin can use hair removal cream.

abrojtm
01-06-2007, 03:23 AM
I always get bumps when using Nair (for Men). Any suggestions?

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-06-2007, 03:30 AM
As soon as I become rich (mmm-hmm) one of the first things I'll do is have all my facial hair removed with a laser or somesuch. So I agree with Chemical. Electrolysis isn't expensive, an that removes hair permanently.

For women, once they hit menopause, due to the change in hormones level, even if they have had hair removed by laser, it will grow back. :/

BTW hair makes us mammals, it is a trait that all mammals share, yes even whales.

Anaisa
01-06-2007, 01:22 PM

For women, once they hit menopause, due to the change in hormones level, even if they have had hair removed by laser, it will grow back. :/

BTW hair makes us mammals, it is a trait that all mammals share, yes even whales.There is no form of hair removal that removes ALL hair permanently forever. The menopause causes increased hair growth in certain areas, in every woman(discounting certain exceptions due to medical reasons) but the hair will not increase all over, for every woman. Regardless of a hormonal problem, never would every hair that has been treated grow back. Even women with hirsutism, wouldn't have every hair grow back that has been removed, let alone a regular menopausal woman. An women with excess hair growth due to hormonal problems should be taking medication to counteract that anyway, excluding pregnant women of course.

Citizen Bleys
01-06-2007, 05:12 PM
I love how a beard hair thread has turned into a discussion of hair growth in women.

Bearded women ftw!

EDIT: Misfit has a beard.