PDA

View Full Version : Best Dragon Quest?

Safis
01-01-2007, 05:13 PM
What's the best Dragon Quest in your opinion? (or Dragon Warrior, whichever name you prefer for the older ones).

I personally like DQV the best so far. I played through I-IV on the NES and I finished V and am now playing VI on my SNES. Haven't played much VII or VIII yet. V has the best story I've ever seen in an RPG, some really fun gameplay and good-looking graphics, and it was well balanced. The final boss wasn't too hard, but the boss in the bonus dungeon was really tough, yet not so impossible that I had to give up. It took strategy more than anything.

And you? What's your favourite?
(For any Europeans in the crowd who aren't too familiar with the series, Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King is DQVIII.)

Meat Puppet
01-01-2007, 05:32 PM
I have played I through IV, and not a Dragon Quest higher. Out of those four, I seemed to enjoy DQIV the most—even though I only got as far as Chapter IV.

The different characters every chapter were probably what I enjoyed most about it. I really liked playing as Taloon; during the early stages of the chapter, I would disappear into the fields for days slaying monsters. Then, reeking of the foul remnants of slaughtered wild beasts, I would return to my wife, where we would fight (and make up afterwards). I had to use my imagination for that part, though not very much (stomp, stomp; shuffle, shuffle). After the love making was done, I would return to the wilderness and the clock was at 12 again.
Taloon was also so cute! Most surprised I: didn’t suffer sun damage.

Jowy
01-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Dragon Warrior IV was awesome until all of the other characters went on auto-battle in Chapter 5.

I like III a lot. The GBC remake was <3

Wolf Kanno
01-02-2007, 06:17 AM
DQ1 for me. I actually hate this series cause it does everything I generally hate in an RPG game and yet I keep playing them. I hate them but it didn't stop me from putting over 125 hours into DQVII. Either the game has a subliminal message that brainwashes you into keep playing or the game does everything so badly that the badness cancels itself out in some weird yin/yang cosmic balance. But the first one is still my favorite. I get lost in it and I love it for it's simplicity.:love:

Markus. D
01-02-2007, 07:53 AM
I kind of dont understand why people take a like-ness to them in the first place.

edit: VIII :]...

Zeromus_X
01-02-2007, 07:59 AM
I like III and VIII alot. And yeah, the GBC remake of DQIII is totally <3<3<3.

Crossblades
01-02-2007, 04:49 PM
I only played the first III and DQ III is the best:)

Ichimonji
01-03-2007, 12:40 AM
I've only heavily played Dragon Quests III, VII, and VIII. Out of those three DQVIII wins by a long shot. I would actually put DQVIII as one of my favourite games of all time.

SetoChaos
01-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Went through DQI, going through DQII now. Right now I like DQII better. Havn't played the rest yet :P

Erdrick Holmes
02-02-2007, 05:10 AM
Mine's a toss up between IV, VII, and VII.

Roto13
02-02-2007, 05:26 AM
I'm just gonna say VIII because it's the only one I played for more than a few minutes. :P

XxSephirothxX
02-02-2007, 06:52 AM
The one that doesn't require you to level grind with an archaic battle system. Owait.

No, really, I haven't played much of any of them. I had fun with one for the GBC back in the day, before I had ever really played an RPG. I only got a few hours into it, though. :p

Erdrick Holmes
02-08-2007, 05:37 AM
Some of you guys should play DQVII, it's probably the biggest RPG ever made, in the amount of stuff you can do.

Wolf Kanno
02-08-2007, 07:16 AM
You mean the DQ game with the villiage that refuses to be saved. I mean it took like four trips to make that town finally reappear:rolleyes2

SetoChaos
02-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Mine's a toss up between IV, VII, and VII.

IV, VII and VII again lol.

Dreddz
02-08-2007, 09:40 PM
I enjoyed III and VIII the most both equally.