PDA

View Full Version : new pictures, first look at a summon??

sexymonkey
01-02-2007, 01:10 AM
over on final-fantasy-xiii.com there are new pictures from vs xiii, and xiii, and a short trailer from xiii of her falling through the air.

in the new pictires from xiii, there looks like there are a couple which might be a summon, looks a bit like shiva??

i wonder how the summon system will work this time around

--One Winged Angel--
01-02-2007, 02:14 AM
how about a link ?

skillzboy4
01-02-2007, 02:38 AM
how about a link ?

cosign...

Dr Aum
01-02-2007, 04:01 AM
Here. (http://www.finalfantasy13.org/)

Rogue
01-02-2007, 06:30 AM
cool scans hope the game is good.........only if the PS3 was cheaper :(

sexymonkey
01-02-2007, 01:22 PM
http://www.final-fantasy-13.com/

someone translated the scans, and it is definatly the summon shiva, i wonder if we will be able to control them again, like x??

Dreddz
01-02-2007, 01:58 PM
That Shiva looks amazing.

Crossblades
01-02-2007, 04:46 PM
For those that are too lazy to click on the link:p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/Crossblades/ff13_shiva.jpg

Vivisteiner
01-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Hmm. I dont particularly like the way Shiva looks in that pic. Her face looks kinda weird.

Dynast-Kid
01-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Hmm. I dont particularly like the way Shiva looks in that pic. Her face looks kinda weird.

Agree.

sexymonkey
01-02-2007, 10:14 PM
i think its da best so far (maybe not beating x!), kinda cool.

vii n viii's just looked like a woman painted blue, theres a sense of realism this time (i no thats a given as its on ps3!)

cant really get a proper idea though coz its such bad quality maybe some better scans will hit soon!

Aurons_Desciple
01-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Bring back a Shiva that looked awesome a la FF8. She looked angry and cocky in 8

Joshcfl08
01-03-2007, 03:36 AM
@ least Shiva looks different from Thunder.she looksjust like Yuna/Ashe.

CelestialStarDust
01-03-2007, 07:03 PM
shiva looks kinda UGLY...

No.78
01-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Its like she's sitting in a chair and cba to get out and fight properly XD

Not that that's a bad thing...

I wonder what other summons they're bringing back?

CelestialStarDust
01-04-2007, 03:24 AM
lets hope ifrit.well of course hes coming back hes an original.

iluvtetsuya
01-04-2007, 11:10 PM
ifrit is awesome. ifrit must return or i shall..die or something. shiva does look rather strange in that scan, but...still cool.

Zerok
01-05-2007, 03:48 AM
Shiva looks awesome. I hope Ifrit looks sort how he did in FFX. I liked his look in that one. FF8's look wasn't that bad either. Hell, I'd settle for anything.

CelestialStarDust
01-05-2007, 06:52 AM
hed definatly settle for hell!!
sorry,bad joke....

Dr.M
01-06-2007, 10:56 AM
if that is shiva, at least this time her boobs arn't frozen over like in X. lol, not thats a bad thing, but she dose look sexy. haha.

Hiraku
01-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Shiva DOES look more like water-based summon this time since her body doesn't look pure solid

BTW, does the scan say that this time, Shiva is a pair of twin sisters?
If that IS the case... Double the pleasure! Maybe one is water-based and the other ice.

Mirage
01-30-2007, 09:56 PM
To be honest, I think Shiva transforming into a motorbike is laughable.

robfinalfantasy
01-31-2007, 02:07 AM
To be honest, I think Shiva transforming into a motorbike is laughable.Yeah it is.

The naming of airships in FFXII using summons was a pretty cool idea. Having the summons turn into transportation vehicles....no way!

Nifleheim7
01-31-2007, 07:30 PM

I think it's weird,but i have to see it first.

vorpal blade
02-01-2007, 01:37 AM
Shiva DOES look more like water-based summon this time since her body doesn't look pure solid

If that IS the case... Double the pleasure! Maybe one is water-based and the other ice.

Yep. Check out the link below or Crosblades' pic. "Two Ice Queens."

Check out the pic. (http://www.final-fantasy-13.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/ff13_10_1_07_5.jpg)

Transforming weapons, transforming summons... a pattern perhaps?

Nifleheim7
02-01-2007, 03:24 AM

Yep. Check out the link below or Crosblades' pic. "Two Ice Queens."

Check out the pic. (http://www.final-fantasy-13.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/ff13_10_1_07_5.jpg)

Transforming weapons, transforming summons... a pattern perhaps?

Yeah,i have seen that.I meant in the actual game.

Darkja
02-05-2007, 02:29 AM
Well if they've turned Shiva into a motorcycle (or is that just an option/skill?), then I'm actually curious to see what they'd do to all the others.. turn Bahamut into a ridable ship? Leviathan into a sub?
/

Dr Aum
02-05-2007, 02:52 AM
Summons transforming into vehicles? Oh, the possibilities! Just think of Ramuh the Pogo Stick or Leviathan the Floaties or Odin the Packmule.

atlanteay
02-05-2007, 03:53 AM
Summons transforming into vehicles? Oh, the possibilities! Just think of Ramuh the Pogo Stick or Leviathan the Floaties or Odin the Packmule.

LOL! i wish they'd do that :lol:

Wolf Kanno
02-05-2007, 10:23 AM
To express my feelings on the subject of Shiva transforming into a motorcycle, I quote Venture Bros.

The Monarch: MECHA SHIVA?! Oh give me a break. I let it slide that Dean could read Sanskrit and Hank doing the whole "I want a piece of him" but Mecha Shiva?! That's total bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:!

I swear, if all your summons combined to become one uber robot(Most likely Bahamut:rolleyes2 ) , I'm going to have to make sure a few people at Squenix disappear... or at least can't procreate so we can be done with this stupidity.

Shlnsengumi
02-07-2007, 01:52 PM
I already have a bad feeling about XIII...

Aqua Mage
02-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Shiva's my Ice Ice Baby. :love:

Kenshin IV
02-08-2007, 04:40 AM
He-larious.

Anyway, it sure was a great idea of Square to turn summons into this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5jB6pOMTuU). I surly can't wait to see Bahaptums Prime myself.

UltimaMasamune
02-09-2007, 12:19 AM
About Shiva turning into a bike:

"finally after all these years I will be able to ride her"

I don't give a rat's ass about transforming summons (at least the old ones are back), the thing that matters to me is the kickass battle system, the kickass graphics, the promising kickass looking storyline and a whole lot of other kickass reasons

who knows maybe the transforming summons are actually a good idea ,remember how people said that Disney and FF combining was horrible idea(Kingdom Hearts), and then the game kicked so much ass that the series ended up selling more 10mil copies with just three games

tempestkitsune
02-09-2007, 12:59 AM
i just wish FF XIII would be out allready, i tell you the next final fantasys just can't come soon enough

Ashley Schovitz
02-09-2007, 02:21 AM
Yeaah Shiva!!!!!

Shlnsengumi
02-09-2007, 04:29 AM
i just wish FF XIII would be out allready, i tell you the next final fantasys just can't come soon enough

They have a demo coming this year.

Just be pacient, it takes years to make a good RPG, and I for one don't mind them taking all the time they need to make this epic.

I just REALLY hope they don't mess it up, I love every single Final Fantasy game, but alot of notable people have left Square-Enix (please come back Nobuo!), and the GF's turning into transportation is a little odd to me. I also really hope they concentrate on the characters more and make the story as epic as VII, VIII, and X.

Ashley Schovitz
02-11-2007, 12:51 AM

Just be pacient, it takes years to make a good RPG, and I for one don't mind them taking all the time they need to make this epic.

I just REALLY hope they don't mess it up, I love every single Final Fantasy game, but alot of notable people have left Square-Enix (please come back Nobuo!), and the GF's turning into transportation is a little odd to me. I also really hope they concentrate on the characters more and make the story as epic as VII, VIII, and X.
Hey howcome you skipped IX?

Remon
02-11-2007, 10:25 AM

Hey howcome you skipped IX?

How come you skipped X2 :bigsmile:

Anyways
I really like the girl.She's hot.But bike Shiva?Come on Square Enix stop joking with us.I hope shiva never runs out of GAS lol

Sidderz
02-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Must say I am REALLY happy that Shiva is returning to us. :) She was always my favourite summon you see. :D

Wonderful! Oh and about the transformation thing, I don't think I really mind it's just adding a different dimension to the game.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/Sidney/shivaffxiii.gif

No.78
02-11-2007, 12:27 PM

FF12 has yet to come out in the UK!!! lol

eternalshiva
02-14-2007, 05:24 PM
Didnt you guys read what it said about the summons? ;o Says in the article that depending on what element the summon will be controlling, their shape and look will transform. Says also that Shiva won;t be ice element only, she'll be able to use various elements. The 2 motorcycle thing she transforms into is when she is controlling lightning elements.

http://www.finalfantasy13.org/?subaction=showfull&id=1168884567&archive=&start_from=&ucat=2&

Sidderz
02-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Didnt you guys read what it said about the summons? ;o Says in the article that depending on what element the summon will be controlling, their shape and look will transform. Says also that Shiva won;t be ice element only, she'll be able to use various elements. The 2 motorcycle thing she transforms into is when she is controlling lightning elements.

http://www.finalfantasy13.org/?subaction=showfull&id=1168884567&archive=&start_from=&ucat=2&

Well it kinda says:

Summons will have a different role than usual. They will be able to change form (Shiva will turn into a motorcycle for Lightning), and will not be limited to a single element.

Which to me sounds more like it's not the Lightning element but when she is being used by the character Lightning. Then as a furthur add-on it talks about multiple elements.

Hazzard
02-17-2007, 12:01 PM

Well it kinda says:

Summons will have a different role than usual. They will be able to change form (Shiva will turn into a motorcycle for Lightning), and will not be limited to a single element.Which to me sounds more like it's not the Lightning element but when she is being used by the character Lightning. Then as a furthur add-on it talks about multiple elements.

If all that is true, you know what that means?

We'll be able to ride a shiva motorcycle around the world...!!!

Sidderz
02-17-2007, 01:34 PM
If all that is true, you know what that means?

We'll be able to ride a shiva motorcycle around the world...!!!

Indeed. A completely new approach to Summons. :) Marvellous.

Wolf Kanno
02-18-2007, 03:22 AM
Titan and Ramuh form the legs!
Ifrit and Shiva form arms!
And I (Bahamut) will form the body and head
Together we form VOLTR... I mean ALEXANDER!

(You know Leviathon would be the sword...);)

Hazzard
02-18-2007, 09:20 AM

Lol, that would be hilarious if they ever done that idea...!!!

Sidderz
02-18-2007, 11:23 AM

Babies from Invader Zim: FORM TO MAKE GIGANTO-BABY!

XxSephirothxX
02-18-2007, 05:24 PM
:monster:

Sidderz
02-18-2007, 08:50 PM
:monster:

Is your signature Ifrit? xD

Hyperion4444
07-03-2007, 05:03 AM
I would love to see the good summons back, including Ifrit.

I really don't think transforming them into vehicule would be such a great Idea...
Ride-on-Shiva?
And really bad to have two Ifrits... Just one, but more powerful would suffice.

Could you Imagine Ifrit has a vehicule?
It would need alot of Fire power, and the only vehicule I can think of is a Tank. He would bassically blow up holes anywhere where there's a wall you cannot go. (Correction, there was a wall.)
If not tank, Jet Fighter, but I'd leave that one to Bahamut.

And what about the others?
Leviathan: a submarine , or that creepy mechanix submarine that passes off as a monster.
Alexander: I'm still trying to find a vehicule that never moves places... this one is a camper.
Diablo: Diablo uses gravity and time magic... He'd be that time travel machine car from Return to the futur.
Odin: You need to be dead at the first impact with this one... anything that crashed in Burnout.
Cerberus: Guardian of Hades and the underworld... It should be that thing they used in the movie once to get to the center of the earth for some unknown reason for the sake of saving the planet from complete disaster and whatever...
What? It's much better than a Tri-cycle!

As you can see, none of them makes sences. a summon is an Monster/Ally that helps you u in battle.
I hardly see it any other way.

Anyway, GFs that I would want to see:
-Shiva
-Some Electric Thing, Ramuh/Quezacotl/Ixion(They never keep the same... I would prefer Quezacotl)
-Leviathan
-Ifrit
-Alexander
-Cerberus
-Bahamut
-Phoenix

Other Possible Summons:
-Siren (Although, she could be make up for Shiva's twin, since summons have more than 1 element for some reason...)
-Carbuncle
-Odin
-Titan/Brothers/Name your earth Elemental.
-Diablo

Sadly, won't be in it: -Knights of the Round, Eden, Ragnarok.
Sure hope they have another ultimate summon as good as them.

Northcrest
07-04-2007, 08:32 PM
This Shiva looks okay but the ones in IX and X I think look alot better.

Markus. D
07-06-2007, 12:42 PM
nothings stupid if the artstyle is done right.

Bolivar
07-06-2007, 07:06 PM

Thank you, we have a winner. I find it really childish how people are making an issue based on this one tidbit of information. Grow up.

That being said, this game is looking like it could be the best Final Fantasy in a long time. Both this and versus, which is scary at how good this "thing" is promising.

I like the way Shiva looks, in one she looks younger that's something different.

I agree about Diablo, I think he should transform into a DeLorean!

And Cid should look like this:

http://idiotsyncrasies.com/uploaded_images/DocBackToTheFuture-740310.jpg

"Cid, this is heavy!"

Hyperion4444
07-07-2007, 12:59 AM

Thank you, we have a winner. I find it really childish how people are making an issue based on this one tidbit of information. Grow up.

That being said, this game is looking like it could be the best Final Fantasy in a long time. Both this and versus, which is scary at how good this "thing" is promising.

I like the way Shiva looks, in one she looks younger that's something different.

I agree about Diablo, I think he should transform into a DeLorean!

And Cid should look like this:

http://idiotsyncrasies.com/uploaded_images/DocBackToTheFuture-740310.jpg

"Cid, this is heavy!"

Not sure about this Cid...
Nah, he should be young (22-27 of age) and look great.

Sure, so far, it looks likes it's going to be one the best Final Fantasies in a long while (wait, you didn't count FFXII?), but I would need to know more before I could actually confirm that.