PDA

View Full Version : Fear Our Gear (how they look on us anyway)

six underground
01-02-2007, 06:47 AM
I ... tend to choose who gets which weapons based on how they fit the character stance-wise, and general feel-wise :) haha!

I once resolved to give Master Thief Vaan only daggers and ninja swords but gave in and gave him swords (but only certain ones with names that seem to fit the "hero", like the Ice Brand, the Demonsbane and the Deathbringer) so he looks like a hunter. :) I actually think Balthier looks fine with a bow (took a little getting used to) , sort of like an elf (and because guns are slow, though the Fomalhaut is very tempting :) ) , and gave Basch the katanas, also to increase his speed. I think Ashe looks good wielding a spear, so does Fran but I gave the latter handbombs and when I get good blades / slinky swords, there. I give Penelo daggers and ninja swords. For back-up, I give think Basch and Ashe are fine with guns, Penelo has a crossbow and Vaan looks like he has a bone to pick with the monsters with his handbombs. :greenie:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-02-2007, 09:05 AM
I give Vaan whatever the strongest weapon is at the time, and then I go down the line as such. Like when I get an even stronger weapon it goes to Vaan, then what he had goes down to Balthier, and so on.

chrisguapo69
01-02-2007, 08:05 PM
I give Vaan the Masumune and equip him with the cat-ear hood. If he's in a fight against a toughie, I cast Berzerk, Haste, Bravery and he goes nuts!!! I think the Masumune is a better killing weapon than others. I can have Vaan get 4-8 3000 up to 9999hp hits in a row. Insane!!

Balthier looks cool holstering the Fomalhaut. Equipped with Windslicer rounds, Dark shot, Wrymfire shot, or Aqua shot depending on the general foes around.

Fran being brought up in the wood lands, I equipped her with the Bow. But when fighting tough foes I give her the Save the Queen sword. I still haven't provided her the Artemis or Saggitarius Bow that she deserves. When I do find it, she's sticking with it.

Basch looks great with the Excalibur. He looks like a guy who likes big swords.

Ashe, well, she does go good with a spear but for fighting purposes she too has a Save the Queen sword. She would have looked better with a double dagger weapon like that Hero chick in Jet-li's movie.

Penelo, I don't know what looks good on her. For now, she has the Deathbringer, a Demon Shield and Gauntlet. So far, she's the hardest one to hit amongst my staff. Foes can barely lay their hands on her.

Renmiri
01-02-2007, 09:52 PM
All axes except for Vaan with a 2 handed sword to see him jump on it like a monkey after a boss victory! Oh and a bow or gun for Balthier to catch fliers and fast game.

:D