PDA

View Full Version : battle system

Rogue
01-02-2007, 07:05 AM
well what kinda battle system do u want for this game?......action,turn based,or other?
i would like to see action like in kingdom hearts:)

RiseToFall
01-02-2007, 08:22 AM
I believe XIII will incorporate the Active Time Battle (ATB) as seen in the previous installments.

Versus XIII on the other hand will have the type of battle system you want, more action oriented like KH.

Aurons_Desciple
01-02-2007, 10:17 PM
ATB

vorpal blade
01-03-2007, 12:40 AM
I got a feeling it'll be like the original battle system unsed in FFI-III: input your commands and watch the characters act it out when the time comes. Or it'll be like X's CTB, where you input the commands which are executed at once. Personally, I'd like X's battle system, as it gets rid of some of the guesswork (though the battles are much less intense) of "will he do it in time?"

iluvtetsuya
01-04-2007, 11:20 PM
i loved x's system, it was great, i had alot of fun with it. my sister has trouble playing kh and other games because she liked to think things out before she had to act, so x was great for her. i'd really like to see something like that.

Zerok
01-05-2007, 03:49 AM
Yeah I agree. I loved FFX's combat system. To me it was very refined and worked like a charm. I'd like to see it again.

muzzer
01-07-2007, 10:38 AM
i wasnt that sure about the battle system in ffX, i think its beacuse you can see whos turn it is before anyting major happens. I dont like that. i prefer 13's ATB system, much more dynamic and fun!

vorpal blade
01-08-2007, 08:24 AM
i wasnt that sure about the battle system in ffX, i think its beacuse you can see whos turn it is before anyting major happens. I dont like that. i prefer 13's ATB system, much more dynamic and fun!

But... does anyone even know what 13's battle system is like?

Roto13
01-08-2007, 03:55 PM
XIII is supposed to have some kind of cinematic battle system, right? All flash?

Wild Card
01-10-2007, 05:55 PM
man, that'd be SOOO cool, if it was cinematic like...

The Mog Ninja
01-26-2007, 06:13 AM
itd take a long time for a boss battle =P

tempestkitsune
01-28-2007, 10:47 PM
i saw a little preview for it and it looked like the battle system from FF12 which is fine by me, cause that battle system ruled!!!!

RiseToFall
01-29-2007, 12:39 AM
Final Fantasy XII = ADB (Active Dimension Battle)

Final Fantasy XIII = ATB (Active Time Battle)

It might have looked like the XII system, but it's only because they're trying to make it look more cinematic.

Little Blue
01-30-2007, 12:27 AM
Does anyone know if they're going to go back to random battles in XIII or are they more or less thrown out nowadays for the newer FFs?

Renmiri
01-30-2007, 01:33 AM

Besides the D and the T what is the difference ?

FFXII battle system was very good except for the Espers (Aeons). I want X Aeons all powerful not the wimps from XII. And no funky colors. Ugh!

FFXII looked like an improved X-2 system to me. And gambits rule!!!! :love: :love: :love:

vorpal blade
01-30-2007, 07:04 AM

Besides the D and the T what is the difference ?

FFXII battle system was very good except for the Espers (Aeons). I want X Aeons all powerful not the wimps from XII. And no funky colors. Ugh!

FFXII looked like an improved X-2 system to me. And gambits rule!!!! :love: :love: :love:

ATB- see FFIV-IX
ADB- See FFXII.

And according to this (http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3156770), "summons are now going to be part mecha and play an expanded role of more than just battle support" and "players can summon ... but what happens after that will be something totally different." It seems "Shiva ... can transform into a motorcycle" which Toriyama says might be ridable in a fight.

Khaotic
01-30-2007, 09:19 AM
I don't like the way they're headed, its great that they're making changes, but it simply doesn't feel like final fantasy anymore. In all honesty, I would have rather had the serious end as a traditional RPG than to improve into all these new battle systems and very awkward type "improvements".

Eiko Guy
03-16-2007, 09:14 PM
I love the Idea. Of imputting your battle commands and your characters reacting to it. after everyonne does their stuff. Cinematically of course

Hazzard
03-16-2007, 09:38 PM
I like it being realistic and so that you decide the commands at the essence of the time, instead of waiting for everyone to perform the moves and functioning it for them.

tempestkitsune
03-25-2007, 01:40 AM
heres a video i posted on youtube for FFXII, this MAY help us figure it out--

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XtOHz514QrQ

sir helix
03-25-2007, 05:53 AM
i believe in random battals making a final fantasy game fun no more of this ff12 :skull::skull::skull::skull: where its all right there in real time and every one can use all weapons and magic it makes me sick in my stomic to thank i evan enjoy this game

stalpho slayer
03-29-2007, 02:49 PM
well what kinda battle system do u want for this game?......action,turn based,or other?
i would like to see action like in kingdom hearts:)

what kinda action you talking about i beat it it was the easiest game i ever played:eep:

Sophie Peithos
03-29-2007, 03:03 PM
From the screenshots (http://www.ownage.nl/images/content/44549.jpg) that have been released of FFXIII it looks like it will employ something similar to the Xenogears system. That is to say, it will have an ATB bar that charges and characters are distributed a certain amount of AP each turn to spend on various types of attacks that can be chained together.

No real complaints from me there. Xenogears has one of the best JRPG battle systems out there, or would have been if it made better use of itself.

Ouch!
03-31-2007, 09:57 PM
I don't like the way they're headed, its great that they're making changes, but it simply doesn't feel like final fantasy anymore. In all honesty, I would have rather had the serious end as a traditional RPG than to improve into all these new battle systems and very awkward type "improvements".
Well, it wouldn't be a proper Final Fantasy if I didn't hear this at least from someone at least once. Once someone says it doesn't feel like Final Fantasy anymore, I know it is.

That being said, I vaguely remember something about battles supposedly having plot significance. Kind of a vague comment, but I think some speculated that such a statement meant there would be no random encounters, or encounters outside of plot events, for that matter, which would bum me out. Then again, that's speculation and I can't be bothered to dig up in the information to back that up anyway.

Sam250
04-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Well, it wouldn't be a proper Final Fantasy if I didn't hear this at least from someone at least once. Once someone says it doesn't feel like Final Fantasy anymore, I know it is.

Haha, so true!

Shame i don't have a PS3, and will probally never get one. This game looks awesome.

And by the way, about battle having a plot significance, mabye it just means that the way each battle plays out would determine somthing in the game. It could be somthing very minor, such as if you beat over 100 random encounters before you get to a place, a man will congratulate you on your skills and give you a potion. It dosn't nessicarally mean no random encounters, it just means that random enncounters have significance, in the same way that if you lose a battle, you die. Thats significant.