PDA

View Full Version : How do I pay for games for foreign countries?

Peter_20
01-02-2007, 06:54 PM
So, I was gonna order Super Metroid on eBay now, but the problem is: that site seems to focus on dollars, and I'm not from America.
So, how am I supposed to pay this product when I use Swedish crowns? :confused:

Tavrobel
01-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Find an American or Swedish embassy and exchange Crowns for Dollars, perhaps. There are also online calculators, and considering that this is the internet, all monetary value is a bunch of zeroes and ones.

Probably not the best idea, but some research on the internet shouldn't hurt. Perhaps you could also read the policies for foreign money on EBay.

Bunny
01-02-2007, 07:00 PM
I've never used eBay, but doesn't it convert the currency into whatever is needed when you purchase something?

theundeadhero
01-02-2007, 08:33 PM
First make sure the person selling it is willing to ship worldwide. Then make sure that you have an SNES that is going to play the game. If it's an American Super Metroid then it won't work on a european SNES, right? Then it's probably easiest to pay with paypal. They offer foreign currency options.

Mirage
01-02-2007, 08:40 PM
I pay my international purchases with Visa. It's always been converting to the right currency automatically.

Rainecloud
01-02-2007, 09:58 PM
As stated elsewhere, eBay should do all the work for you. Your seller will give you a price, and eBay/Paypal/whatever will do the converting straight from your account.

At least that's what always happens with me.

sephirothishere
01-03-2007, 12:09 AM
paypal....duh....

Roto13
01-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Isn't there a Sweedish eBay?

JKTrix
01-03-2007, 03:10 AM
Hold, hold, hold.

Is the video format in Sweden PAL or NTSC? If it's PAL, be wary of getting something from the US eBay. Chances are it'll be NTSC, and as far as I know all the Nintendo consoles are region locked. So if you were to get it, you won't be able to play it.

If you do have a US/NTSC console, then don't worry about it. But just keep that in mind before you get too far with this.

Mirage
01-03-2007, 06:10 AM
SNES games aren't really region locked, but the cartridge will simply not fit. You need an adapter if you want to play US games (good luck finding one of those).

MecaKane
01-03-2007, 06:31 AM
I heard, for japanese to north american at least, you just have to make the cartridge fit, by breaking off the edges or something.

Mirage
01-03-2007, 10:02 AM
That would be possible, I suppose. Won't look too pretty though.

Loony BoB
01-03-2007, 01:09 PM
If you want the most up-to-date exchange rates, go to www.xe.com. As for the actual method of paying, it's been covered by everyone above. I use PayPal.