PDA

View Full Version : IE7 middle button causes link new window oh my god make it stop

Loony BoB
01-02-2007, 07:25 PM
I should never have upgraded. :(

IE7 says that if I click the middle button of my mouse on a link, then that means "Open new window with link". I'd like that to stop. How can I arrange for this to no longer happen? I'd rather it did the same thing that it does when you click any non-link part of the page - open up the little scrolly circle thing. I love that thing with every part of my body, daily.

Jowy
01-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Use the most recent version of Firefox.

It'll open it in a new tab.

Loony BoB
01-02-2007, 07:39 PM
There's a reason I didn't say "it opens a new tab" instead of "it opens a new window" - I don't use tabbed browsing, it's not convenient for me. But yeah, I could do that on IE7 anyway, so that suggestions is pointless and irrelevant. I want to be able to have it do what it did in IE6. Not open the link at all.

crono_logical
01-02-2007, 08:08 PM
What about click + drag, rather than click and let go before moving the mouse? :p

Roto13
01-02-2007, 09:07 PM
How about you just make sure you click on a part of the page that isn't a link like me with Firefox? Lazy man. :P

rubah
01-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Why would you even click on a link to make it go down? xD

I would try to find out for you, but the only computer here that has IE7 is my mom's and I don't really want to use it8)

Loony BoB
01-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Why would you even click on a link to make it go down? xD
I don't intentionally click on the link. Do you intentionally click on Vivi when you click the top banner of the forums? 'cause that's what it's like with me and my windows... I don't think about where I'm clicking, I just click, and then scroll up and down happily enough. But now half the time I end up clicking on my sig or on some random thread or banner or anything and AUGH! You may get what I mean. It would suck if there is no way to change what a button does in a program. :( Must... resist... change...

EDIT: Even more annoying is the fact that if I don't click on a link, and then scroll and happen to end up with the circle over a link, then it still opens the window by the time I click away from the scroll thingy. Grr-rr!