PDA

View Full Version : Males in FF look metrosexual...

- - - TAURUS - - -
01-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Some look female, it's odd, is this the way Japanese look at people? This their style? Only in FFXII have I started to see more facial hair. Other than that, Vaan looks like a blonde, younger Michael Jackson, Reks looks like a girl as does Larsa.... It's creepy, Square Enix needs to start adding more rugged ma fuckas like Basch of Vossler.

Sorry my nerdy side is slowly coming out.

Avarice-ness
01-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Sabins the most manly man around. :heart:

And shouldn't this go in General FF Discuss~

Araciel
01-02-2007, 08:45 PM
there have been manly characters before...but yess, the art and graphics have made them look awfully androgynous

Craig
01-02-2007, 08:45 PM
I think that's just what the Japanese are in to.

- - - TAURUS - - -
01-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Sabins the most manly man around. :heart:

And shouldn't this go in General FF Discuss~

Wouldn't know, I'm new to this shyz

theundeadhero
01-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Cyan really does like like a young Shakira, doesn't he.

Mirage
01-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Feminine boys seems to be the 'in' thing in Japan these days, so making someone like that the main character would probably boost sales :p.

Renmiri
01-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Vaan, Reks and Larsa = girly looking ? agreed

But metrosexual is different than "looking like a girl". It is more for men that like to look good and enjoy girly movies and activities. I'd say Balthier is more metrosexual than Vaan

DarkLadyNyara
01-02-2007, 09:59 PM
A general rule of thumb- if it's from Japan, it will have pretty-boys. :D

Kanshisha
01-02-2007, 10:03 PM
I think that's just what the Japanese are in to.
hmm they are they like having guys with long and medium hair ( short but not too short ) and they like boys having their hair spiked to the limit.

--One Winged Angel--
01-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Some look female, it's odd, is this the way Japanese look at people? This their style? Only in FFXII have I started to see more facial hair. Other than that, Vaan looks like a blonde, younger Michael Jackson, Reks looks like a girl as does Larsa.... It's creepy, Square Enix needs to start adding more rugged ma smurfas like Basch of Vossler.

Larsa is a girl ????? lol i live in australia so i havnt played it yet, but from what iv seen i could of sworn he was a she

LunarWeaver
01-02-2007, 10:37 PM
Thank the Goddess for all my Final Fantasy bishies.

Renmiri
01-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Nah... Look at Larsa. Could he be more female ? Paine from X-2 is more male than him!

http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/images/Larsa.jpg

Goldenboko
01-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Nah... Look at Larsa. Could he be more female ? Paine from X-2 is more male than him!

http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/images/Larsa.jpg

I always just pretended Larsa was a Female, he's less destracting that way :P

DarkLadyNyara
01-05-2007, 12:59 AM

Larsa's pretty young, so he can get away with it. :D

Wolf Kanno
01-05-2007, 07:06 AM

How dare you say that about Cyan!!!:mad2:

It's obvious that he looks like Janet Jackson, he even has her mustache;)

I would say it's just what Japan is into. As for Larsa... well... maybe manufacted nethicite has some strange side effects.

Renmiri
01-05-2007, 04:14 PM
As for Larsa... well... maybe manufacted nethicite has some strange side effects.

:p ROFL :p

Avarice-ness
01-05-2007, 07:14 PM

I know, I think it's his very tough looking jaw and the fact he reminds me of an older and dirty aragorn.

I do believe it is time to get Cyan in those leather pants. Only then will the transformation be complete!

Oh and to Tarus.

http://rpg.ilumnia.de/guides/ff6/chara/sabin.jpg

He's such a man *points at scruffy beard and OMG MUSCLES?!* <3.