PDA

View Full Version : Wild Arms: the Vth Vangaurd

NeoCracker
01-02-2007, 08:48 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but after the amazing game of wild Arms 4, I"m eagerly awaiting this one to come out.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/679/679432p1.html
January 6, 2006 - Sony Computer Entertainment Japan's official Wild ARMs website has revealed some interesting news today with the announcement of the next game in the popular RPG series, known as Wild ARMs: The Vth Vanguard.

The announcement itself was presented via flash movie that was first hinted at by an earlier Flash teaser from December (meant to spark interest in the franchise's tenth anniversary). With the classic old west fanfare playing in the background, the newest movie opens with the lines "March Winds and April Shows Bring forth May flowers," (which, if you're an optimist, could mean that it's a hint towards a possible release date... or if you're a realist, a hint at an E3 appearance), followed by a few flashy displays of artwork and words that eventually spells out the game's title.

After the movie is complete, there does seem to be a brief story description that serves as the closing screen. Here's what it says:

This is artwork, look at it!
"The planet named FARGAIA slowly but surely loses its green, and changes to the wasteland... Severe environment and the cruel monsters threatens life, people still hang on the planet. In such a wild world, there are adventurers who ask for a thrill or a dream. People call them "Migratory Bird."

Other than above info, the only other thing we know about the game is that Media Vision will once again be developing it and that will be available for the PlayStation 2. An official release date has, as of yet, not been given.

I'm looking forward to the Hex Grid's return. That was a fun way to play that game. So long as they keep up with the quality games like 2 and 4, I'll be extremely happy with this release.

Mirage
01-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Link is broken

NeoCracker
01-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Fixed.

Eiko Guy
01-03-2007, 09:55 PM
as long as it doesnt turn out like wild arms three
1. talk
2. go to ruin
3. fight bosses and other drifters
4, go to town and talk
5. go to another ruin

DK
01-03-2007, 10:44 PM
as long as it doesnt turn out like wild arms three
1. talk
2. go to ruin
3. fight bosses and other drifters
4, go to town and talk
5. go to another ruin

Add to that having to do a quest halfway through the game to be able to buy healing items and not actually being able to escape from battle half the time...stupidest shiet I've ever seen in an RPG.