PDA

View Full Version : The world beckons

Diango12
01-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Ive noticed I spend some good time on the internet and wondered how many people do so also. So what I began to think was what could be keeping so many people who do so also (EOFF) from the rest of the world, whats stopping you from being an ambassador or the like :)

Here is my question right now what can you be doing other then the internet or being at home for that matter

Come on people if your so bored with everyday dull, stale modern life and the only thing good about this age is technology as you really cant be a sky pirate to pass the time or anything then instead get some money and go out and explore the world! Get lost somewhere adventure is just beyond your coast!

Rye
01-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Except for the fact that most people on this message board are nerdy teenagers who can't afford it. :p

Jowy
01-02-2007, 09:07 PM
If I didn't have to worry about rent and bills, yeah. I don't have much drive to do anything exciting sans cook dinner after I get home from work anyway. =P

Spammerman
01-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Im not nerdy:cry:

Iceglow
01-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Well what keeps me online a lot of the time is the fact that where I live in London is so far from anything decent to do and if I go out drinking any more than I already do I think I might get put in an AA meeting by someone even my best mate told me I drink way too much once and he matches me drink for drink normally.

As for what I would love to be doing right now if I wasn't online? Well theres seeing the world certainly but the factor of cash comes in to this big time. I'm planning to go Austrailia this september and today a friend of mine in Belgium asked that I try and find time to go out with him and his mates (who I also know) which means going Belgium at some point this year too. Honestly I'd love to move to Thailand or Hawaii permanently but failing that I'd move anywhere that isn't London, visiting London is cool my mates all have a good time in doing so but even they mostly agree that living in London is totally different.

yumi
01-02-2007, 09:47 PM
I could be working on my dissertation... but I'm still too hungover from new years and the thought of working causes me to assume the fetal position and whimper.

:kaoyatta:

Araciel
01-02-2007, 09:49 PM
anything i can do in the realworld can be done twice as fast on the internet

Madame Adequate
01-03-2007, 01:43 AM
Internet is fun and I'm a hedonist, so I've got no complaints.

And I'm getting a good degree so I can get a good job so that I can go to China Mars.

Jojee
01-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Intranet gives me my required degree of social interaction without setting foot outside my door (with the exception of boyfriend)! ^_^ Yay laziness.

Seriously, internet makes me a hermit. I'm much more motivated to spend more time with real people when I don't have the intranet to occupy my time XD~

NeoCracker
01-03-2007, 10:40 AM
ANd thats why we all love our lazy little Jojee.

And I wouldn't be doing much, as its winter In Idaho, and I'm f'ing cold. And of course lazy. Can't forget Lazy.

Might as well add unmotivated to the list.

Kanshisha
01-03-2007, 10:47 AM
hmm well i still got school and its getting real hard...

Enjolras
01-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Hmm, well i just finished school and life just got a whole lot harder...

It's summer now for us in the south of the world, so my parents say I have no excuse to sit on the internet all day, and that I need to go out and get a job to pay for the 'living costs' they're gonna start charging me. Damn.

blackmage_nuke
01-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Im training to become a ninja

But seriously one day I wanna go to a train station and push a random button on the ticket machine and go to where ever the ticket says. then see if i can find my way back on foot.

and besides im not bored with everyday dull, stale modern life. It's how i get my kicks

-

Bunny
01-03-2007, 12:30 PM
I am allergic to outside.

Christmas
01-03-2007, 12:32 PM
WHAT IF WE BUMP INTO THE BIG BAD WOLF OUTSIDE? :(

Miriel
01-03-2007, 12:36 PM
I haven't been spending as much time online recently as I have in the past.

But um, I know some really really astoundingly successful people (like, self-made millionaires) who spend a butt load of time online, blogging and visiting forums. And I'm talking about people who are in professional fields outside of the whole computer/internet realm.

As for this very minute, I should probably be sleeping rather than having Top Model marathon. But I just can't help it. MUST KNOW WHO WINS!

NeoCracker
01-03-2007, 12:47 PM
And while Miriel is watching that, I can finally take my chanced at Del.

I knew bribing then to show it now would work out for me.

Meat Puppet
01-03-2007, 01:32 PM
I spend a lot of time on the internet, but I manage my time well. It’s a shame I wasn’t taught this skill before I finished school.

Pike
01-03-2007, 03:08 PM
I spent a lot of time online for two main reasons:

1.) I've always had this thing where I get nervous around people in real life... but I still crave social interaction on occasion. It's much easier for me to talk to people online. (I think it has to do with my anxiety issues.)

2.) I'm in an online relationship. My boyfriend is online. 'nuff said.

I imagine that I will probably be spending considerably less time online once my boyfriend and I are together in meatspace... but I will still be online quite a bit to talk to friends and hang out on forums and stuff. (And Neopets. Shhh, don't tell anybody!)

Diango12
01-03-2007, 03:26 PM
I dont buy it! Iam not going to stay here for long you mark my words you guys can be just happy and fine being here on the net but not me I swear iam going to go out there and do something iam going to go out there and change the world in one way or the other, iam going to go out and be someone! One day you will be looking at tv news and youll see me whilst you trapped a hermit whilst I become glories famous and ever so remebered by history! I will start by joining some military! Thats right the military travel to new country's meet new people and then kill them!

But really doesent anyone aspire for adventure.

:moomba:

Quindiana Jones
01-03-2007, 03:46 PM
I've already been through this: I'm stuck in Bermuda with nothing but my amazing watch that has free unlimited internet access forever on it. Internet is all I can do.

Anaisa
01-03-2007, 04:52 PM
I still get plenty of important things done even though I use the internet a lot. It's not as if it's stopping me from doing anything really worthwhile.

Kita
01-03-2007, 05:40 PM
I spend too much time on the net. Ever since I got a laptop I spend an extra hour..or three on here.
I should be sleeping now, but alas, I am here.
The net provides friends and things to talk about, I dont have either IRL.

Alive-Cat
01-03-2007, 08:15 PM
I am on of an evening and that is the only time I can get away from the experiments they so dreadfully perform on me; my very being is being tested in ways I have yet to understand.
I don't spend a lot of time on EoFF; merely a good half hour every other day in which I try to cram in everything that I used to do all day into.

Xander
01-03-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm not bored with life, but the outside world is over-rated anyway :D I just feel happy and comfortable spending time online especially when the only way I can speak to my best friend right now is online!! Generally when I do go out places are full of crappy people or noisy kids >_> So yeah, I admit I generally avoid the outside world :D Generally I get home from work quite late so just go on the net in the evenings too.... dunno, just become such a regular thing and it feels relaxing.

Anyway when I DO go into the wide world for adventures, they are good ones :D

Vikeve
01-03-2007, 08:57 PM
I myself go on the internet just for entertainment and to keep intouch with friends. I guess I could be doing my homework about now but whatever. Besides right now I'm not bored with my life the outside world is over rated.:p

I dont buy it! Iam not going to stay here for long you mark my words you guys can be just happy and fine being here on the net but not me I swear iam going to go out there and do something iam going to go out there and change the world in one way or the other, iam going to go out and be someone! One day you will be looking at tv news and youll see me whilst you trapped a hermit whilst I become glories famous and ever so remebered by history! I will start by joining some military! Thats right the military travel to new country's meet new people and then kill them!

But really doesent anyone aspire for adventure.

:moomba:

Whoot! Good for you, kick ass my friend.

Perhaps someday I'll join you but I would like to go to school and learn all I can first. After all, you can't change or do anything without knowlege. And there is much I would like to learn before I do anything.

The whole idea of going out on an adventure ive got nothing against but don't create any illusions that its gonna be easy or that you'll change the world at all.:)

Avarice-ness
01-03-2007, 09:13 PM
I should be at the mall shopping, but I'm to lazy to get up and go, soo here I am! :razz:

Diango12
01-03-2007, 11:06 PM
of course it will be easy! :mad2:

Didn't you already think maybe I had planned and thought all this out, world conquest is only a few steps away

What an adevnture! :D

blackmage_nuke
01-03-2007, 11:35 PM
So what are you doing here?

-