PDA

View Full Version : Battle menu glitch?

robfinalfantasy
01-03-2007, 01:05 AM
Something odd happened to me in two different save files when I was fighting the Mimic Queen at Barheim Passage. All gambits were off except for the guest character's (Basch). I told all my characters to attack various enemies. After about 10 seconds I access the battle menu (to use a potion I think) and I noticed Fran's menu would not come up. I kept scrolling left and right, but nothing. For an unrelated reason later in the game I decided to start a new file. When I reached the same battle the same exact thing happened except this time it was with Balthier. I'm pretty sure the character was not berserked. Any word on this?

Dynast-Kid
01-03-2007, 01:07 AM
Something odd happened to me in two different save files when I was fighting the Mimic Queen at Barheim Passage. All gambits were off except for the guest character's (Basch). I told all my characters to attack various enemies. After about 10 seconds I access the battle menu (to use a potion I think) and I noticed Fran's menu would not come up. I kept scrolling left and right, but nothing. For an unrelated reason later in the game I decided to start a new file. When I reached the same battle the same exact thing happened except this time it was with Balthier. I'm pretty sure the character was not berserked. Any word on this?

That happens to me alot too.

ValiantKnight
01-03-2007, 02:05 AM
If a party member is out of a certain range of your party leader, you cannot control them til they catch up..

The mimic queen is a little big.. perhaps fran was using a bow and on the outskirts and your leader was far away?

DarkHeat787
01-03-2007, 02:30 AM
If your leader is a certain distance from another character, then he or she won't be able to do anything but Attack or follow their gambits.

Remember when Balthier was talking about Amalia? He said she wouldn't be taking orders from anyone anytime soon, which implied that it worked as if your leader was giving orders to everyone else. Pretty much, Fran "couldn't hear" your leader.

Renmiri
01-03-2007, 09:33 PM
What they said: Your guy / gal was too far away. Use "R2" (flee) to gather all 3 in the same area.