PDA

View Full Version : Your Most Awkward Injury

Evastio
01-03-2007, 04:27 AM
What's the most awkward injury you've received?

For me it would have to be the time that my hand hit a microphone and it started bleeding.

Hambone
01-03-2007, 04:33 AM
I opened a can of soda with my mouth and cut my tongue.

Nominus Experse
01-03-2007, 04:36 AM
I fell whilst rollarblading down a steep hill at a speed rivaling the vehicles - on one side of my ass.

Yes, I did in fact rip my anus, and it was embarassment and injury and shame all at once.

Kanshisha
01-03-2007, 04:55 AM
my weird injury is probabley the time i was sleeping at a friends house...i fell asleep and i woke up my arm was bleeding like hell...

Bunny
01-03-2007, 04:56 AM
I was riding my bike with a friend and we decided to play chicken. Neither of us turned and I ended up with two bike chains wrapped around my ankle. Not too awkward now that I think about it. I don't think I have ever had one of those.

Miriel
01-03-2007, 05:04 AM
Someone once threw a helmet at me and broke my pinky finger. :o

Madame Adequate
01-03-2007, 05:08 AM
I cut my hand open on some glass. Needed stitches :jess: Couldn't use my hand for like two weeks. Very lucky not to have lasting nerve damage.

NeoCracker
01-03-2007, 05:15 AM
I was doing the swordfighting with foam swords, ran around with no weapon and grappled with a little 12 year old and broke my pinky.

I also once was walking, looked behind me, turned right back around and walked nose first into a steel pole.

I was playing catch when I was younger and got hit in the eye with the ball.

I got a Paper cut from the Chrono Cross Stratagy Guide.

And next, all this happened in one day. I was working, forgot to put the gloves on when filtering out the fryers and splashed Grease on my arm. I slipped on one little spot of water, the only small spot on the entire floor, and became the only person in that wendies to ever actually slip and fall. Finally, I took out the boxes. I tripped on the curb stubbing my toe, when I fell my Knee hit the Cement cylindar at the bottom of the giant wendies sign, my face hit the metal pole and it cause me to twist, landing on the arm that wasn't burned in the greese and my other leg. I managed to injure every limb on my body and my head, three out of those five all at once. The cut on my leg from hitting the edge of the cylinder took all that day and the next morning before the bleeding stopped, and now, about a year later, I can still see where I hit that leg.

Laddy
01-03-2007, 05:23 AM
I broke my finger by jumping of my parents' home's front porch.

10-Breaker
01-03-2007, 07:21 AM
I broke my wrist when I fell on it.

Shlup
01-03-2007, 07:30 AM
Once my stepmom closed my hand in my dad's car door. Full-on, right across the palm. I tried to pull it down and was like "Uhmm..." and she freaked out. It was hillarious. Just a Suzuki Samurai though so the door wasn't business enough to hurt me.

Ichimonji
01-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Mostly bike related injuries. For example, my bike once got caught on the sleeve of another biker beside me and we both ended up in a huge spill on a busy highway. That wasn't fun.

Enjolras
01-03-2007, 11:15 AM
I was just innocently walking past his room when my 110Kg brother walked out and broke my toe by standing on it.
I've also accidentaly sliced deep into the fleshy part between the thumb and forefinger of my hand with a fileting knife.
And I put a big chip in my tooth trying to bite the cap off my beer at a party.
Don't ask how much I had to drink before that.

Mittopotahis
01-03-2007, 11:31 AM
Not really an injury, but I had to go to hospital once because of a testicular torsion. 10 bucks for anyone who can figure out what that is. :p

Enjolras
01-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Whatever it is, it sounds like it hurt.

Loony BoB
01-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Awkward as in what it was? Testicular torsion. Three times.
Awkward as in how I did it? You don't wanna go there.
Awkward as in "I can't believe that you're so weak that you injured yourself that way"? Probably the time that I hit my hand on a large, extremely flat, slick wall and somehow cut myself on it. It's like cutting yourself on nothing. Crazy. Calliope can back me up on this.

Shlup
01-03-2007, 11:45 AM
I knew there had to be something up with your junk for you to be quite so you, Daniel.

Mittopotahis
01-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Testicular torsion. Three times.
Oh my gosh, you poor thing! That is the most pain I have ever gone through in my life, and you've had to go through it 3 times! Man, I empathise with you so much right now. They hurt so much, I hope I never have to go through it again.

The doctor said that when he fixed it all up, it shouldn't happen again. Why have you had it three times?

Loony BoB
01-03-2007, 12:04 PM
To be fair, the first time was when I was a kid, and I didn't feel anything (that I remember). I just know I had it. The other times were around five years ago, so bad I collapsed. I don't know why I've had it more than once.

Jess
01-03-2007, 02:35 PM
I think it has to be the time when I broke my coxic bone. Owieee! :(

Quindiana Jones
01-03-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm pretty sure I fractured my coccix once. Whilst being swung by my arms and legs (my choice) and flung (also my choice) I landed badly and it hurt for weeks. I never got it checked though because....I just couldn't be arsed.

Peegee
01-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Why did I just think a coccix is sexual?

Anyway I repeatedly (over a period of several months) deliberatedly stapled my hand (stuck a staple into my hand using a stapler).

It went like this:

- I wonder what a stapled hand feels like...
- OWWWW WTF
- *bleeds*

repeat every few months until I grew out of it.

CRAPTASTIC AVENGER
01-03-2007, 04:11 PM
At one of my marching band competitions someone screwed up and ran into the flag girls when they did their flagtoss and it caused two other flag girls to screw up their own tosses and three flags fell on top of me.
I actually blacked out......

Kita
01-03-2007, 05:34 PM
My eyes..!
Red..
Ouuuch.

When I broke my elbow. Or fractured it. I cant remember. I was in primary school playing with my friends and someone landed right on it.
I was a wuss too. How embarrassing.

Faris
01-03-2007, 05:40 PM
A golf cart fell on my head and all I got was a hole about the size of this: .

DarkLadyNyara
01-03-2007, 05:52 PM
Once when I a kid, I got my tounge stuck to the freezer door. :riiight:

Then there's the time I got that toothpick stuck in my foot. Believe me, that is an odd one to try and explain. Also, where they had to give the antibiotic injection was fairly awkward. :D

Iselyn
01-03-2007, 05:54 PM
A few weeks ago. We own a rather psychotic cat, and he decided to play surgeon with my arm. He scratched me to the extent that I had to have stitches. The hospital staff didn't really believe a cat did it. Most people thought I was attacked by a dog. Except for the doctor, he said it looked like I was mauled by a puma. *shrugs*

Summoner
01-03-2007, 05:55 PM
I'm surprised no one's mentioned the classic: Dropping something on the floor, bending down to pick it up, and smacking your head on something as a result of it.

Besides that, my most awkward injuries all have to do with tripping on something, misstepping, or doors. Please don't ask about that last one. :eep:

LoveArya
01-03-2007, 10:45 PM
I dont have one, but my ex boyfriend got shot in the eye with an airsoft gun before. It was really bruised and he was so embaressed:(

Mittopotahis
01-03-2007, 11:50 PM
Don't you just love running out an open door only to realise there is a flyscreen/glass door there? I've done that one a few times.

NINJA_Ryu
01-03-2007, 11:58 PM
shredded the family jewels while having a good time....

boy, was it ever painful to do sprints that next day

LoveArya
01-04-2007, 12:19 AM
I was seven , and I was running around in my new shoes, when my grandma closed the glass door, and I thought it was still open....... I kept running, and ran to grandma to show her how fast I could run, and I smacked into the screen door like a fly on a windshield. I lay on my back looking at the door, and it had a note that said"GLASS DOOR, KIDS DONT TOUCH"....how I missed it, I will never know.

Avarice-ness
01-04-2007, 12:29 AM
When I was about 4 I was chasing my sisters friend that was on a bike (I wasn't on a bike) and he stopped and I wasn't looking and I smashed into the bike seat cracking my skull open. I had to go to the hospital and get stitches, I still have a little scar on my forehead today. :)

[Edit] By the way, this thread made me laugh almost more than the sloppy joe thread in the archives. :love:

Dr Aum
01-04-2007, 12:38 AM
When I was a very wee child, I decided to run fullspeed at a wooden door with my head lowered. Fortunately it didn't crack my skull.

As far as I can recall, I did this because I was pretending to be a rhinoceros.

Old Manus
01-04-2007, 12:49 AM
Fielding on the boundary while playing cricket. Balls comes flying over and I try to catch it. Break my finger but I don't realise. Ball goes for four. Team greatly angered. Continued playing. Went in to bat. Tremendous pain. Out for 5. Lost the game.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
01-04-2007, 02:08 AM
Well, uh, I was running in the house and ran outside, and I completely forgot that there were some stairs since I recently moved in, so, I was falling but I put my hand in the way but landed on my hand. But my finder stuck out that that's what I landed on. And it was a LONG way down, so you could imagine that amount of pain when I finally landed. >.< I almost broke my middle finger. I sprained it. This was when I was like 8 or 9. Hurt so badly. :o

ljkkjlcm9
01-04-2007, 02:20 AM
Uhm, the time hot glass fell into my lap, and burned through my pants and underwear, and burned a sensitive part of my body

The time a glass elbow during a lab experiment broke and went directly through my hand... surgery got pieces of glass out of hand.

First one hurt hella more though.

THE JACKEL

LoveArya
01-04-2007, 02:30 AM
ow.

Absconditus_Oraculum
01-04-2007, 02:33 AM
Hmm.. weirdest injury... probably when I was four or five and a cousin decided he was going to pick up one of those heavy, toy, metal dump trucks and hit me with it over the head as hard as he could. For what reason I have no clue. Don't remember anything else about it but thankfully for him, hes on the side of the family we don't see much of.

LoveArya
01-04-2007, 02:39 AM
you poor child.

Absconditus_Oraculum
01-04-2007, 02:54 AM
Child :P I'm older then ya lol

Hmm.. then there was that incident with the mud/clay mix in the woods after the storm and the half dead fish.....

Dixie
01-04-2007, 02:57 AM
I got my hand caught in a ceiling fan on New Year's Eve. xD

Spammerman
01-04-2007, 03:04 AM
Not akward but stupid.
a)I used to be scared of my sister, and she did a jump towards me. I ran to the left. I forgot about the fridge.

b)I was running, and I was trying to get to my friends house so I cut across the lawn. The lawn was raised above the sidewalk. I didnt realize it until I went rolling into the street across the sidewalk. Ended up hurting my anle. Then my syster pulled on my ankle. Hurt like hell.

Kanshisha
01-04-2007, 03:31 AM
my other injury was when i was riding my bike down the sidewalk and this guy just reversed into me...he reversed as if he just had an argument with his wife real pissed off reverse you know.... yeah this happen like 4 weeks ago i sprained my left leg big bruise near the shins and other bruises on my waist...

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-04-2007, 03:56 AM
Catching a pop fly during softball with the glove open towards my face. My left upper lip was messed for a few days. Also, having a piece of wood cut your head open because you walked down the stairs with your shoelaces undone.