PDA

View Full Version : how do i make an RPG

ChibiAxel
01-03-2007, 06:01 AM
any programs i need but not top game rpg just an ok one like runescape please elp me out i really need to make a game for my friend by his b-day as a surprise.I need tips and stuff please X3:D

Elite Lord Sigma
01-03-2007, 09:58 PM
How long is your friend's birthday in, anyway?

Dreddz
01-04-2007, 12:59 AM
You arent going to be able to make a game like Runescape even if his Birthday is 364 days away.

Ryth
01-04-2007, 01:15 AM
I don't know if I should lead you to somewhere to make a game or if I should strike you down where you stand to prevent another Run Escape...

Frozen Phantom
01-04-2007, 01:54 AM
No offence, but I highly doubt you can make a mmorpg like runescape...ever.

Kanshisha
01-04-2007, 02:20 AM
hmm its going to take a while if you plan to make an online or just a single play RPG

Meat Puppet
01-04-2007, 02:57 AM
There is a series of RPG Maker programs for the PC you can find (95, 2000, 2003, and XP). If you are able to find any of these on the internet, I would recommend 2000 or 2003. The knowledge of how to use these programs can be picked up in days, but you can still turn out a pretty good RPG with them.
XP is much more powerful (there is a programming language inside the program you can use), but it obviously takes a lot more time to learn. Also, I’ve found that it takes much more time creating custom graphics for XP... well, to make them look good in the game, anyway.
Don’t get 95.
If you make a game with any of these programs, be sure to compile it along with the RTP on a CD to give to your friend. This way he should be able to run it without additional files.

The massive downside of these programs is that you are most likely going to have to obtain these programs using... not exactly legal means.

There are completely free programs you can use, however.

http://www.toolkitzone.com/index.php

I have only used this program for 10 minutes, and I didn’t like it. I’m sure if you get your teeth into it you might be able to make something good, though.

There is also Game Maker, but I doubt you would want to use that; making an RPG on it probably won’t be in your time frame.

Kanshisha
01-04-2007, 03:01 AM
hmmm it would approx. take round probably 3-5 months you got that time?

lufia
01-04-2007, 08:46 AM
^ thats why you use end-user products like what meat listed. not start making a game from scratch.

ChibiAxel
01-05-2007, 07:28 PM
i have that long.

ChibiAxel
01-05-2007, 07:29 PM
where do i download that stuff meat puppet?

forgotten_fantasy
01-05-2007, 09:34 PM
"not top game rpg just an ok one like runescape"
the two who made runescape are in the top 10 richest people in england, you think its easy to make games like that? you've got to have the funds, the knowledge, the large number of people working on it. YOU HAVE NO CHANCE GIVE UP

Elite Lord Sigma
01-06-2007, 09:11 PM
By "better", he meant better-looking, more features, and the like. He's not trying to make money with this, so that's practically a mum issue.

Markus. D
01-06-2007, 11:27 PM
You arent going to be able to make a game like Runescape even if his Birthday is 364 days away.

if he were to program something like a sprite moving towards a lip of grass and attacking it.

he would have pretty much most of the gameplay capabilities down.

ChibiAxel
01-08-2007, 03:56 PM
"not top game rpg just an ok one like runescape"
the two who made runescape are in the top 10 richest people in england, you think its easy to make games like that? you've got to have the funds, the knowledge, the large number of people working on it. YOU HAVE NO CHANCE GIVE UP

Never I will never give up I will try with all my heart even if it takes years to do i will never give up!

Bunny
01-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Step-by-step... daaaay by daaaay! A Fresh start over, a different hand will pl-- oh, sorry. Step-by-Step Instructions on How To Make an RPG~!

1. Sacrifice a goat to an the Gods. The goat must be approximately 12-years-old (in any age, human or goat, even dog!) and must be given the name Henry at birth. Any form of Henry is acceptable, this includes Henrietta. If you cannot find one named Henry, you may use one named Adolphus.

2. Pray for exactly 7 days, 14 hours, 28 minutes, and 56 seconds. This number must be exact there is no room for mistakes.

3. After praying for the aforementioned amount of time, you must eat nothing but fish and drink nothing but white zinfandel for three days. If you are not of the age to consume alcoholic beverages, grape juice is acceptable. But it must be Welch's. All other grape juices are inferior.

4. Obtain the proper program needed to create games. You may use whatever means necessary to accomplish this task, although if you decide to take illegal measures, that is on you and I nor any of my subordinates will accept the responsibility. In fact, we will deny having any such knowledge that any such event took place at any time.

5. Somehow obtain all the knowledge needed to create a decent game of Runescape size or smaller. You may indeed use any means necessary, but I feel the need to remind you that "sucking the life force from your opponant" does not actually consume their knowledge. No matter what television or movies tells us.

6. Have fun. This should really be rule number one, but I really like goats.

Good luck. Never give up. Never surrender.

oddler
01-08-2007, 09:49 PM
6. Have fun. This should really be rule number one, but I really like goats.

Truth be told.