PDA

View Full Version : Best Yasunori Mitsuda tracks...

Wolf Kanno
01-03-2007, 07:07 AM
What is the best compositions by Yasunori Mitsuda? For those who don't recall his name, he composed most of Chrono Trigger, as well as all of Chrono Cross and Xenogears. He also composed the soundtrack for Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille Zur Macht but I would prefer to keep this within the Square family.

Ichimonji
01-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Practically everything that he created for Chrono Cross is extremely beautiful. In fact, his compositions for Chrono Cross are some of my favouirte videogame tracks of all time.

Mo-Nercy
01-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Having not heard the music to CC, I'm more or less limited to what I like from CT.

Battle with Magus and Ayla's Theme stand out as favourites for me.

Drex
01-03-2007, 05:04 PM
I'd agree with most of the Chrono Cross OST, but I'd focus on Scars of Time, Field of Time ~ Home World, Radical Dreamers, Time of the Dreamwatch, and Star-Stealing Girl. His Kokoro and Pain from Xenosaga were pretty good, I liked Small Two of Pieces from Xenogears, and preferred Corridors of Time, Frog's (Kaeru's) Theme, Robo's Theme, and Delightful Spekkio from Chrono Trigger. Also really enjoy Hopeful Weeds and the acoustic Guldove Home from the Hopeful Weeds singles.

Silent Warrior
01-04-2007, 05:14 AM
Xenosaga is the best composition I've heard out of him. But, if we're going to be Square about it... :p
The intro for Xenogears. AWESOME. Period. A right pity so much of the rest of that soundtrack wasn't up to par...

Zeromus_X
01-04-2007, 05:35 AM
Corridors of Time.

It's all you'll ever need.

Avarice-ness
01-04-2007, 06:21 AM
Having not heard the music to CC, I'm more or less limited to what I like from CT.

Battle with Magus and Ayla's Theme stand out as favourites for me.

Agree'd!!!!!!

I -love- Frog's theme though. But then again I love just love Frog. For some reason his song actually puts a smile to my face, it's one of those "I'M GOING TO WIN!!!!~" songs. xD

Zechs
01-04-2007, 06:37 AM
Practically everything that he created for Chrono Cross is extremely beautiful. In fact, his compositions for Chrono Cross are some of my favouirte videogame tracks of all time.

I deffinatly agree. Chrono Cross was one of my favorites from Yasunori Mitsuda.

edczxcvbnm
01-04-2007, 08:41 PM
There are too many good ones to just pick a few. Chrono Cross was his best work though.

Next in line would be either Xenogears or Xenosaga and then Chrono Trigger.

Wolf Kanno
01-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Chrono Trigger - Battle with Magus, Frog's theme, Robo's theme, Corridors of Time, Singing Mountain, To Faraway Times, Sealed Door, and Memories of Green.

Chrono Cross - Chronomantique, Radical Dreamers, The Girl Who Stole the Star, Radical Dreamers - Wind, Stars, and Fire.

Xenogears - Faraway Promise, Light From the Netherworld, Lost... Broken Shards, Shattering Egg of Dreams, Ship of Regret and Sleep, Singing of the Gentle Breeze, Stars of Tears, The First and the Last, Bonds of Sea and Flame, The One Who is Torn Apart, The Treasure Within, Ave, The Ancient Dance, Gathering Stars in the Night Sky, and Daijiru: City of Burning Sands.

I would probably have more Chrono Cross tracks but I don't own the soundtrack nor have I played it recently. I do remember the soundtrack being incredible though...

Sefie1999AD
01-06-2007, 03:41 PM
I didn't really enjoy Mitsuda's work outside Chrono Trigger. I think his best composements are probably Chrono Trigger main theme, Corridors of Time, World Revolution and Star-Stealing Girl. I just listened to "To Far Away Times" from CT, and it sounded pretty nice too.

Rostum
01-13-2007, 11:25 PM
I think it would defenately have to be Chrono Cross. More specifically Time's Scar and Another World among the other great pieces!