PDA

View Full Version : Shiva VS. Ifrit.

Kenji Longaway
01-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Can Shiva's ice cold breath put out Ifrits fire?
Or is Ifrit to hot to be stopped by Shiva?

Christmas
01-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Shiva's body make Ifrit go on FIRE! :bigsmile:

Firo Volondé
01-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Shouldn't this be General Final Fantasy?

Also, Ifrit. Try throwing an ice cube into a raging furnace if you don't believe me.

NeoCracker
01-03-2007, 12:41 PM
A tie, Since Shiva is originally a Fire God, or so I've heard, I can't remember if it was reliable or not though, and fire has a hard time burning fire.

Polaris
01-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Shiva all the way! She'll freeze Ifrit in no time! :D

Bunny
01-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Shiva is originally a supreme god, I don't know about him being a Fire God or not. But since this is strictly Final Fantasy-based, I'm going with Ifrit. Demons are better than half-naked frigid women anyway.

Shlup
01-03-2007, 12:50 PM
That's what the warn button is for. :-*

NeoCracker
01-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Shiva is originally a supreme god, I don't know about him being a Fire God or not. But since this is strictly Final Fantasy-based, I'm going with Ifrit. Demons are better than half-naked frigid women anyway.

I should kill you where you stand.

XandrewX
01-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Umm...based on FF10 and FF8..I think Ifrit...because in FF10 ifrit's physical damage is higher and since the ice vs fire arguing will go on forever and ever...so might as well decide the winner by physical moves :eep: oh and...they'll make an akward but CUTE couple :D

Meat Puppet
01-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Shiva. I have always hated Ifrit. But they would make a cute couple. Not that I know what a cute couple is.

Bunny
01-03-2007, 01:17 PM

But then I would be dead.

Rocket Edge
01-03-2007, 06:02 PM
They're probably my favourite GF's/Aeon's/whatever, but Shiva ftw.

Ryushikaze
01-03-2007, 08:00 PM
A tie, Since Shiva is originally a Fire God, or so I've heard, I can't remember if it was reliable or not though, and fire has a hard time burning fire.

Shiva isn't based on the Hindu Shiva, but the western goddess Shiuwah.

Even if Shiva were based on the hindu, we wasn't a fire god. Not directly, anyways.

Mirage
01-03-2007, 08:02 PM

Also, Ifrit. Try throwing an ice cube into a raging furnace if you don't believe me.
Also try dumping a ton of snow down on a bonfire.

I'm biased toward sexy girls, so I'm voting Shiva.

Speaking of the 3rd option there, I have a hentai pic of Shiva and Ifrit getting it on. ;]

Umm...based on FF10 and FF8..I think Ifrit...because in FF10 ifrit's physical damage is higher and since the ice vs fire arguing will go on forever and ever...so might as well decide the winner by physical moves :eep: oh and...they'll make an akward but CUTE couple :D
Shiva has an awesome evasion in FFX though, Ifrits high strength wouldn't help much if he couldn't hit her.

Dreddz
01-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Ifrit would win, Shiva is Ice, not snow or water, and Ice loses to fire, period.

Mirage
01-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Fire is also weak to ice, just so you know. Furthermore, a fire needs three things to stay alive. Heat, a combustible material, and oxygen. If you don't have enough of any of these three, it will die. Ice could very well lower the temperature enough for the fire to get extinguished.

rubah
01-03-2007, 08:56 PM
shiva is cooler, but ifrit could melt her down any day. Plus he's almost always stronger :]

fire doesn't need heat to subsist, stale xD heat is a by-product of an incomplete combustion reaction.

They just picked ice to counter fire because it's cold and fire's hot :] the chemistry of their elements is pretty lacking. (lol water can be an electrolyte!)

but if we were going to their name sakes, I would pick mr. hindu destroyer(sorry Ryushikaze, you're going to have to come up with some links before I'll agree with you on this) over mr. arabic demon.

Mirage
01-03-2007, 09:07 PM
You can't make a fire without the materials being hot enough to combust, rubah :(

lufia
01-03-2007, 09:16 PM
half naked shiva ftw!

Eiko Guy
01-03-2007, 10:57 PM
depends where they fight

blackmage_nuke
01-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Fire needs to be pretty hot to burn diamonds, or diamond dust:p

-

Holy Lancer
01-04-2007, 04:00 AM
Shiva only because her ice moves would own Ifrit.

NeoCracker
01-04-2007, 04:26 AM

But then I would be dead.

I'm willing to make that sacrifice.

loza
01-04-2007, 05:06 AM
Ifrit, burn baby burn!:radred: ifrit wins...

Dynast-Kid
01-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Shiva, no contest.

lufia
01-04-2007, 02:34 PM
shiva's agility is much higher, and diamond is the hardest material on earth :choc2:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-04-2007, 03:02 PM
half naked shiva ftw!
Fully naked Ifrit ftw!

Mirage
01-04-2007, 03:12 PM
shiva's agility is much higher, and diamond is the hardest material on earth :choc2:
Too bad they're not actual diamonds, just a catchy name.

Bunny
01-04-2007, 03:22 PM

Natural material. Ultrahard fullerite and Aggregated Diamond Nanorods are both harder. The former being used in the process to create the latter.

NeoCracker
01-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Ifrit would win, Shiva is Ice, not snow or water, and Ice loses to fire, period.

You obviously havn't played Enchanted Arms my friend.

The Queen of Ice, not snow or water, defeated the Emperor of Fire.

I now love that game simply for giving me ammo to use against you my friend.

Dreddz
01-04-2007, 11:02 PM

You obviously havn't played Enchanted Arms my friend.

Your right, I havent.

Eiko Guy
01-04-2007, 11:45 PM
okay you guys diamond dust is not made of diamonds if it was it wouldnt be an ice attack now would it. and if it was dust seriously he could burn dust or just blow it away have you seen ifrits breath

Albel
01-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Ifrit rules and he is on more FF games than Shiva, that shows that he is better.

Martyr
01-05-2007, 03:51 AM
Whether or not Shiva is based on the Hindu god Shivca, which I know, it's apparently based on some kind of god or goddess.

wtf is an Ifrit? Sounds like a made up creature to me. Let's do some math.

Real vs. Not Real equals only Real.
ie. 2 + (2)0 = 2
ie. Shiva vs. Ifrit = Shiva

I thin that makes sense. I, like the genius Einstein, flunked all my math courses and never made it into college.

Dr. Acula
01-05-2007, 05:50 AM
Shiva's cooler(*crickets*), but I chose the "They would make a great couple" option. Although Shiva would win, in my opinion.

Mirage
01-05-2007, 06:49 AM
Whether or not Shiva is based on the Hindu god Shivca, which I know, it's apparently based on some kind of god or goddess.

wtf is an Ifrit? Sounds like a made up creature to me. Let's do some math.

Real vs. Not Real equals only Real.
ie. 2 + (2)0 = 2
ie. Shiva vs. Ifrit = Shiva

I thin that makes sense. I, like the genius Einstein, flunked all my math courses and never made it into college.
1. And those gods are for some reason not made up? Funny.
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ifrit - Seems as real as any other mythological creature to me. Including gods.
3. That piece of math there is... interesting, I suppose.

Martyr
01-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Compare the 2 paragraphs on The mythology of things that seem to be what Ifrit means by way of mispelling with the Wiki page of Shiva, and I have a feeling that the question turns into Superman vs. Mighty Mouse, proving my theory.

I mean, I'm not going to argue that the gods aren't made up, or that Shiva is somehow more likely to be a real and not made up god than Ifrit is, but I can definitely back up that Shiva has a foundation made up of solid history, religion and mythology, while, again, Ifrit seems to be a failure of communication of names. Also- not a god character in mythology. We know that god>jinn

Ryushikaze
01-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Efreeti are the primal spirits of fire. They predate gods. So, while we're pulling up BS math, Primal spirit > god.

And Rubah, it's not conclusive, but there's decent change Shiva was based on the Slavic Siva (AKA Ziva, AKA Shiu-wah, though that one's apparently fallen out of use), or at least blended with the Hindu one to create the one we meet in FF.

Mirage
01-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Compare the 2 paragraphs on The mythology of things that seem to be what Ifrit means by way of mispelling with the Wiki page of Shiva, and I have a feeling that the question turns into Superman vs. Mighty Mouse, proving my theory.
Except that the Shiva in Final Fantasy has nowhere near the amount of power as the Hindu goddess Shiva. In Final Fantasy, she is a goddess or spirit of ice, not a god of destruction.

Martyr
01-06-2007, 04:25 AM
Fine. Okay. Alright. Let me think a second.
Right.
Got it.

Shiva is a babe. Ifrit is some ugly fiery thing.

I vote Shiva.

Erin
01-11-2007, 05:01 AM
Ifrit.

forgotten_fantasy
01-11-2007, 09:36 PM
ifrit smash!!!......... shiva die

No.78
01-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Um... Fire melts ice make water.

Ifrit wi- OMYGOD SHIVA IS WATER ELEMENT NOW TOO!!!

Shiva puts out fire.

Shiva wins yay!!!

Heero Yuy NWZC
01-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Shiva would whoop him obviously. If they were a couple, Shiva would have the dominance in it. :p

"Be a good fire beast and I might not freeze you today."