PDA

View Full Version : Super-man VS. Sephiroth

Kenji Longaway
01-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Okay, I suppose I should have mentioned this; Super-Man is vulnerable to magic. He has absolutely no defense against it. He could easily be killed by a "Death" spell, put to "Sleep", "Petrified", transformed into "Mini" or a "Frog", and his speed could be cut in half by a "Slow" spell, or he could even be "Stopped" in his tracks. Even if he tried to pre-empt Sephiroth, Sephiroth would proabably have "Sneak Attack" equiped to his armor in conjuction with some other magic materia to combat Super-Man.
About 3000 Super-Man comics I own say I know what I am talking about.
In the comic series "Bat-Man Return of the Dark Knight", Bruce Wayne beat the living hell out of Super-Man, with the help of Green Arrow and his Mecca armor.
Bat-Man, people come on.
Did I forget to mention that Bruce Wayne was 65 years of age when he beat the hell out of Clark? He was. And Clark didn't even appear to have aged.
He just doesn't know how to use his awesome powers. He needs to go back to Super-Hero academy and retake Super-Powers 101, because he obviously received an F.
Even MARVEL's Thor has beaten Super-Man.
And if you saw Ultimate Avengers, Sephiroth moves a hell of a lot better than Thor in Advent Children.
You know why Thor beat Super-Man? Because Thor's powers are magic based.
Having said all that...I think that Sephiroth stands a significant chance.

Craig
01-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Superman obviously.

NeoCracker
01-03-2007, 01:41 PM
This isn't so much a fight as a massacre. The person who honestly votes Sephiroth fails at life, the internet, and logic.

Mirage
01-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Superman, unless Sephiroth finds some kryptonite.

Bunny
01-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Superman, duh.

Rocket Edge
01-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Superman is nearly indestructable.

JKTrix
01-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Superman IS Sephiroth.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0627624/

At least the voice actor is :p

theundeadhero
01-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Sephy is nothing more than a weak human. He will die.

Dreddz
01-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Not only would Super Man kick the crap out of Sephiroth, he could of probably stopped the meteor coming down with his bare hands.

Kita
01-03-2007, 06:04 PM
I dont know Supermans abilities..
But I dont like him >=(

Old Manus
01-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Sephiroth.

Oh no wait I'm meant to say Superman

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-03-2007, 08:05 PM
superman dur

Ryth
01-03-2007, 08:50 PM
This isn't so much a fight as a massacre. The person who honestly votes Sephiroth fails at life, the internet, and logic.

Quoted for obvious truth.

ValiantKnight
01-03-2007, 08:56 PM
As I recall, Superman seems to have the FF equivalent of auto-life/life3 in every movie/show he's ever been in.. no matter how much you hurt him, he always seems to come back to life :)

Besides... Seph lacks Superman's durability......
Not sure the masamune could even scratch his skin...
And I would imagine most magics/magicks would just bounce off him.

Avarice-ness
01-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Is this a rhetorical question?

PuPu
01-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Sephiroth automatically loses, since villains are destined to lose and Superman automatically wins because he is a hero, he always wins in the end. :p

- - - TAURUS - - -
01-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Superman because he's the cheapest protagonist to ever exist.

- - - TAURUS - - -
01-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Superman IS Sephiroth.

His voice was horrible, idk why Square chose such a boring voice for Sephiroth. I watched it with English captions and actually thought the movie was better.

Slothy
01-03-2007, 10:06 PM
And I would imagine most magics/magicks would just bounce off him.

Actually, in the comics magic can hurt him, but it's not the be all end all. If he can go toe to toe with the likes of Captain Marvel then Sephiroth would have to throw some pretty strong magic at him to make a dent. This fight would be over before it began though. Even the current Superman could beat Sephiroth to a bloody pulp before he even saw him move. This isn't a contest, it's a blood bath.

Bloodline666
01-03-2007, 11:01 PM
I remember a debate a few years back as to who would win between Superman and DBZ's Goku. I clearly said Superman, since Goku has no Kryptonite. Boy, were all the DBZ fanboys pissed.

In this one, I STILL say Superman, by the mere virtue that Superman's sole weakness is Kryptonite, and Sephiroth has none.

NINJA_Ryu
01-03-2007, 11:38 PM
Well, as shown in Batman vs superman, if an athletic human can get some kryptonite gloves/blades, then they win.

But if thier is no kryptonite, sephy loses

always!

Firo Volondé
01-03-2007, 11:59 PM
If Sephiroth can find some Kryptonite, then he would win. Otherwise, Superman.

vorpal blade
01-04-2007, 12:53 AM
Sephroth can call meteors. Perhaps he calls a meteor from Krypton? Sehph gets kryptonite, and poor Suppy, despite his cheap array of powers, loses in an instant. Screw Superman, I'm voting Sephiroth!

The Unknown Guru
01-04-2007, 04:22 AM
Superman wins, but it's mostly because he cheats.

NorthernChaosGod
01-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Superman has a nasty habit of making up powers as he goes along, he wins.

Kanshisha
01-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Lol sephiroth if he loses he has dignity but if super man losses he only has red underpants on the outside....

Slothy
01-06-2007, 02:29 PM

Only in crappy movies like Superman 2, and those don't count.

ljkkjlcm9
01-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Superman IS Sephiroth.

that's freaking hilarious, but I've never seen the english version of Advent Children... though I have the japanese version on my computer

Either way, Superman wins, by a longshot, meteor to destroy the Earth? Ha, he'd catch it and throw it back into space.

THE JACKEL

Darth Anarcus
01-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Superman.:) Provided FF7's world has a yellow sun, of course.

NorthernChaosGod
01-07-2007, 09:50 AM

Oh no my friend, it is much more prevalent in the comics than the movies.

http://superdickery.com/stupor/2.html

There are plenty of examples.

vorpal blade
01-07-2007, 10:10 AM

Oh no my friend, it is much more prevalent in the comics than the movies.

http://superdickery.com/stupor/2.html

There are plenty of examples.

Super landscaping! Super weaving! Super Hunches! Super ventriloquism!

Slothy
01-07-2007, 02:15 PM
From the looks of things, every Superman example on that site is at least 30-40 years old which tells us two things: 1) they're from a time when comic writing was typically far more outlandish and prone to making up whatever was necessary to write themselves out of whatever corner they wrote themselves into (cause, you know, the writing sucked in that Adam West Batman kind of way), and 2) none of that is in current continuity, and hasn't been in decades. In otherwords, the comics haven't featured such powers (to my knowledge anyway) in a long time.

But if you want to bring up those rediculous powers then Sephiroth would be even more screwed then he already was.

NorthernChaosGod
01-13-2007, 05:38 AM
From the looks of things, every Superman example on that site is at least 30-40 years old which tells us two things: 1) they're from a time when comic writing was typically far more outlandish and prone to making up whatever was necessary to write themselves out of whatever corner they wrote themselves into (cause, you know, the writing sucked in that Adam West Batman kind of way), and 2) none of that is in current continuity, and hasn't been in decades. In otherwords, the comics haven't featured such powers (to my knowledge anyway) in a long time.

But if you want to bring up those rediculous powers then Sephiroth would be even more screwed then he already was.

It's not like he ever even needs those powers for more than one occasion though.