PDA

View Full Version : Cloud VS. Squall

Kenji Longaway
01-03-2007, 01:47 PM
The Omnislash VS. the Renzouken.
The Buster Sword VS. the Gunblade.
The Highwind VS. The Ragnarok( clear winner there ).
Navy blue denim, VS. Black leather.
Spikey hair, VS. Bowl cut.
Bahamut, VS...well, Bahamut( You get the idea. )

Ryushikaze
01-03-2007, 07:55 PM
If this is a VS thread, Cloud. Don't doubt the power of Cid and his black boxes, either.

If not, eh, personal preference.

Dreddz
01-03-2007, 08:19 PM
They both have spikey hair.

Anyways, Cloud would win.

Kanshisha
01-03-2007, 10:26 PM
Ugh clouds not bad but im putting an extra 10% on squall Because of his weapons like the punishment and the Lionheart....

LoveArya
01-03-2007, 11:34 PM
I like them both alot, but Squall is my favorite

Big D
01-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Cloud. More experience, more self-sacrificing determination to throw himself into any challenge despite the odds. Oh, and Jenova cells. Cloud's also got a longer, lighter weapon which would give him practical advantages.

vorpal blade
01-04-2007, 01:00 AM
Cloud's got some amazing strength (in his victory pose, he lifts a huge sword over his head and twirls it, all with one hand). I think Squall's got a cooler look, but I like Cloud's hair. Ragnarok beats Highwind, Omnislash (15 hits*9999= 149,985 dam) beats Renzokuken
(8hits*9999=79,992 dam) even with some sort of 6-hit*9999 finisher by at least 9999.

Cloud! Plus, he gets Tifa, who's a lot cooler than Rinoa.

Meat Puppet
01-04-2007, 01:41 AM
[!]how the hell does regis ohilbin have 669 votes this thread doesnt even have that many viewsEither there are a lot of Regis fans here, or some foul Admin/Cid's Knight thought it would be rather hilarious (along those lines) to mess with the poll. Sorry Liam, the high ups don't want anymore Regis Philbins. - Psycle.[/!]If Cloud and Squall had a fight, I think that Cloud would win. Though out of the two of them I prefer Squall, Cloud has always seemed to be (to me, at least) much stronger.

NeoCracker
01-04-2007, 06:05 AM
Both of them are rather weak I think. I say this, because FF VII's Sephiroth is the weakest and most unnocomplished Villian if all FF. He needs a meteor that takes days to reach a planet to damage it enough to gather energy to increase his power, compared to Kuja who destroys an entire world on his own and Kefka, who has the powers of three gods and can wipe out entire cities on a whim. The FF VII party wouldn't need the same kind of strenth to beat Sephiroth as the other 2 I mentioned. And I don't know why, but VIII cast of Villians and players just didn't seem on par with the others.

Though of the 2 cloud

The Crystal
01-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Both of them are rather weak I think. I say this, because FF VII's Sephiroth is the weakest and most unnocomplished Villian if all FF. He needs a meteor that takes days to reach a planet to damage it enough to gather energy to increase his power, compared to Kuja who destroys an entire world on his own and Kefka, who has the powers of three gods and can wipe out entire cities on a whim. The FF VII party wouldn't need the same kind of strenth to beat Sephiroth as the other 2 I mentioned. And I don't know why, but VIII cast of Villians and players just didn't seem on par with the others.

Though of the 2 cloud

By your logic then, Squall wins, because SeeD defeated a being that was absorbing all time an space to inside herself, and needed more power to defeate her, than Avalanche to defeat Sephiroth.

Kanshisha
01-04-2007, 07:04 PM
We should acctually try and put them together...squall and cloud..merged into one...can hold up to 2 swords one's a gunblade the other a buster sword...the ultimate hero....Cuall strifonhart...

NeoCracker
01-04-2007, 11:23 PM

Though of the 2 cloud

By your logic then, Squall wins, because SeeD defeated a being that was absorbing all time an space to inside herself, and needed more power to defeate her, than Avalanche to defeat Sephiroth.

I never really beat VIII. Got pissed by the Third Disc. And as I said, they just didn't seem all that powerful. Compressing time in yourself doesn't exactly show you have power elsewhere either. And as I said, never beat it, so I haven't seen what Ultimetica is capable of.

But, more likely, it's because I think squall is the most miserable piece of garbage to ever disgrace a video game, and that makes my opinion ever so slightly biased.

We should acctually try and put them together...squall and cloud..merged into one...can hold up to 2 swords one's a gunblade the other a buster sword...the ultimate hero....Cuall strifonhart...

The thought just made me die a little inside.

Ryth
01-05-2007, 01:15 AM
I think Cloud would win personally. I also like Cloud more as a character.

The fact anyone thought of this proves there is no God.

Wolf Kanno
01-05-2007, 07:00 AM
Squall would win. While Cloud is busy worring about whether he's actually who he thinks he is or whining about how much he hates himself because he let some girl die in front of him that he might love but then again he might be responding to his image of the man who saved him who he very well believes to be him which goes back to him wondering if he's actually who he thinks he is...and well you get the idea how messed up in the head he is. Squall would come by, slice his head off and walk away saying "whatever..." ;)

Also, Squall technically has more expierience and training than Cloud does. Squall was raised as a child soldier while Cloud seemed to join Shinra arounf the age of sixteen. Also Cloud only had basic training. He never got into SOLDIER his abnormal strength comes from the Jenova cells injected into him after the Nibilheim disaster. As for Squall, we don't know how powerful the Junction system makes him. Judging from Laguna's response though, it is inhuman power, so it's safe to say Squall could go blow for blow with Cloud.

The Crystal
01-05-2007, 07:33 AM
Squall would win. While Cloud is busy worring about whether he's actually who he thinks he is or whining about how much he hates himself because he let some girl die in front of him that he might love but then again he might be responding to his image of the man who saved him who he very well believes to be him which goes back to him wondering if he's actually who he thinks he is...and well you get the idea how messed up in the head he is. Squall would come by, slice his head off and walk away saying "whatever..." ;)

LOL
QFT

Also, Squall technically has more expierience and training than Cloud does. Squall was raised as a child soldier while Cloud seemed to join Shinra arounf the age of sixteen. Also Cloud only had basic training. He never got into SOLDIER his abnormal strength comes from the Jenova cells injected into him after the Nibilheim disaster. As for Squall, we don't know how powerful the Junction system makes him. Judging from Laguna's response though, it is inhuman power, so it's safe to say Squall could go blow for blow with Cloud.

I think that Squall wins, but to be fair, Cloud have the experience of a First Class SOLDIER, because of Zack's memories/knowledge/experiences.

TyphoonThaReapa
01-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Squall would win because if your jughing by attack power from within the games, it's a proven fact that Squall's Renzokuken+Lionheart takes a hell of a lot more damage than Omnislash. Hell Zell's limit break can do more damage that Omnislash depending how many hits you get off. Squall would beat the hell out of cloud. And I don't have nothing against Cloud. It's a fact.

vorpal blade
01-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Squall would win because if your jughing by attack power from within the games, it's a proven fact that Squall's Renzokuken+Lionheart takes a hell of a lot more damage than Omnislash. Hell Zell's limit break can do more damage that Omnislash depending how many hits you get off. Squall would beat the hell out of cloud. And I don't have nothing against Cloud. It's a fact.

So you're sayiong that Renzokuken takes away a larger precentage of the enemies' health than Omnislash? A valid argument that I do't want to acknowledge, but you should realize that math is universal, so 9999from FFVII is still the same as 9999 in FFVIII. So it's really all about who gets to us trhe LB first, really. And since Squall can't get a Limit Break unless he's low on health, Cloiut would win. Observe:

Squall attacks Cloud. Cloud's LB fills up a little. Cloud heals. Repeat until Cloud gets his LB. Cloud uses Omnislash on Squall. Squall dies.

So long as Cloud can heal himself, he'll be fine. Cloud can equip the Safety Bit to prevent Death or a Ribbon to prevent abnormal statuses (or some added effect materia paired with Poison, Destrucct, Seal materia etc) and he'll be nearly invincable. Sqall can junction some spells, but he can't cover as many areas as Cloud.

NeoCracker
01-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Also, Cloud can start off with Knights of the Round if your going by game Mechanics.

REally, we shouldn't judge by game mechanics, but story, as Game MEchanics dictate that Eiko would win agains just about everyone. Low level until you get MArcus. Kill everyone but Marcus and work him until 99. Get Eiko, having level 99 stats at a low level, and proceeding to grow rediculously stronger. And against squall, just have her throw Dark Matter, game over. Eiko wins.

kikimm
01-06-2007, 12:56 AM
I like Squall better so I will say Squall.

And there you go.

Goldenboko
01-06-2007, 01:19 AM
Cloud, because if you give Squall junctions you must give Cloud materia otherwise you are being unfair, and honestly I think Materia>Junctions. If you don't give Squall junction he isn't very strong, so then Cloud.

PuPu
01-06-2007, 01:40 AM
You can't really use battle mechanics to decide who would win. After all, things such as and Holy Wars and Final Attack-Phoenix make it so basically neither can die.

Stat wise, I'm not certain what their highest possible stats are, but I think that someone said that Cloud has slightly better beginning stats in the beginning of the game. Now, this doesn't mean Cloud will definitely win though. After all, bosses can have better stats than you, but it's still possible to beat them, even without the outnumbering advantage you have over them.

In Limit Breaks, Squall does have a slight advantage here, since Lionheart > Omnislash. Though, this probably doesn't matter, since Lionheart isn't 100% possible, and they both only have 9999 HP anyways.

In battle mechanics, it's basically a tie.

The only other way to judge them is by their character, and what you know about them in FFVII and FFVIII. Cloud was an ex-SOLDIER, a group of elite fighters. Squall was in SeeD, a group of elite fighters as well. Cloud and party beats Sephiroth, Squall and party beats Ultimecia. And etc. Since people might not really think about this enough, they will most likely just vote for whoever they like better.

By the way, you shouldn't use Advent Children to determine Cloud's power. After all, there is still no way anybody could probably get shot in the face without barely a scratch on them. And we don't know if Squall could be just as good, or better than Cloud in a movie like AC.

Goldenboko
01-06-2007, 01:42 AM
Stat wise, I'm not certain what their highest possible stats are, but I think that someone said that Cloud has slightly better beginning stats in the beginning of the game. Now, this doesn't mean Cloud will definitely win though. After all, bosses can have better stats than you, but it's still possible to beat them, even without the outnumbering advantage you have over them.
I'd like to point out how flawed your ideas about bosses are. Dispite having high stats Bosses usually cannot do 100,000+ damage in one move, and cannot use an elixer to fully heal themselves whenever they feel like it.

PuPu
01-06-2007, 01:45 AM
I'd like to point out how flawed your ideas about bosses are. Dispite having high stats Bosses usually cannot do 100,000+ damage in one move, and cannot use an elixer to fully heal themselves whenever they feel like it.

That's what I'm trying to say about Cloud and Squall. Even though Cloud has better stats, it still doesn't mean he will definitely win.

Goldenboko
01-06-2007, 01:50 AM

That's what I'm trying to say about Cloud and Squall. Even though Cloud has better stats, it still doesn't mean he will definitely win.

No, no, no! You don't get what I'm saying! What I'm saying is you brought up beating bosses dispite them having better stats then you. What you don't get is thats because the bosses have limitations, so bringing that up us stupid. For example, if Ozma used Meteor every turn like a human would, the party would inevitably lose, over, and over. So the talk you say about bosses has no affect on Cloud, and Squall. (Not to mention often you can easily have better stats then a boss)

NeoCracker
01-06-2007, 04:33 AM
By the way, you shouldn't use Advent Children to determine Cloud's power. After all, there is still no way anybody could probably get shot in the face without barely a scratch on them. And we don't know if Squall could be just as good, or better than Cloud in a movie like AC.

He doesn't take a bullet directly. He jerks his head back and the bullet mostly rickashe's off the goggles. And normal people also cant swing a massive sword like that over their head, or summon up large dragons, or fall unconcious into a stream of water and not suffocate. Or really anything these people do, in game and movie. Both are a legitamate source.

vorpal blade
01-06-2007, 07:55 AM
He doesn't take a bullet directly. He jerks his head back and the bullet mostly rickashe's off the goggles. And normal people also cant swing a massive sword like that over their head, or summon up large dragons, or fall unconcious into a stream of water and not suffocate. Or really anything these people do, in game and movie. Both are a legitamate source.

1- It's spelled ricochet, I believe.
2- It wasn't water, it was the Lifestream.
3- Swinging a sword over your head is a matter of strength and skill. The average person can't do it, but a skilled person can.
4- In addition to the above, I'd also like to add that a normal person would probably suffer severe side effects from being injected with foreign (especially extraterrestrial) cells.
5- I'm sure a simple bullet to the head wouldn't kill Squall either. And I believe AC should be counted.

NeoCracker
01-06-2007, 08:01 AM
I got the feelign you couldn't breath in the lifestream though, jsut like in water. And to swing the sword like he does? Thats just plain raw power and skill right there. That would take a lot of muscle. Barret might have the strenght, but cloud didn't seem that beefy to me.

That does leave me with a question though. Why do the give the huge towering mass of power a gun, and a scrawny little blonde guy the sword? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Big D
01-08-2007, 04:43 AM
I got the feelign you couldn't breath in the lifestream though, jsut like in water. And to swing the sword like he does? Thats just plain raw power and skill right there. That would take a lot of muscle. Barret might have the strenght, but cloud didn't seem that beefy to me.

That does leave me with a question though. Why do the give the huge towering mass of power a gun, and a scrawny little blonde guy the sword? Shouldn't it be the other way around?Cloud's got something Barret doesn't - Jenova cells. And mako energy therapy.
Two things, then...

Cloud's sword might be lighter than it seems. If it was made of steel, then it'd be unfeasibly heavy. However, it's clearly not steel since it can slice or shatter reinforced concrete without taking a ding.

The Lifestream's made of energy, or something plasma-ish, I'd wager. Tifa and Cloud both manage to surivive in it. Besides, the FFVII world appears to contain some fluids that can be breathed safely - like whatever's in those canisters that Cloud, Zack and Vincent were trapped inside during Shinra's experiments.

vorpal blade
01-08-2007, 07:56 AM
Cloud's got the sword 'cause Barret doesn't need to compensate for anything.

LunarWeaver
01-08-2007, 08:17 AM
I say Cloud for reasons I'm going to keep a mystery. I am full of mystery like that.

Bunny
01-08-2007, 12:31 PM

And there you go.

Erin
01-11-2007, 04:58 AM
Cloud Strife.

copy-and-paste
01-11-2007, 05:55 AM
Squall for me! And the pool thing says Squall would rip cloud apart...I say.. I'ts going to take a hell of alot of level ups for squall to get enough strenght to rip someone apart i suggest slay...not rip but slay...

Squall(c)
01-11-2007, 12:13 PM
:D:D:D:D Zidane

Chaos_Demon
01-11-2007, 05:25 PM
I think that Cloud would win it just because of Omni-slash. The Lionheart finsih is insanely strong but OMni-slash is stronger. Squall does dress better too. But there is still person who could stomp both of them, and that is Vincent Valentine.

*~Angel Wing~*
01-11-2007, 07:45 PM

And there you go.
Me too. :up:

Squall for me! And the pool thing says Squall would rip cloud apart...I say.. I'ts going to take a hell of alot of level ups for squall to get enough strenght to rip someone apart i suggest slay...not rip but slay...
Nah, I think Squall could TOTALLY rip Cloud apart. :thumb:

Rocket Edge
01-12-2007, 12:53 AM
I think Squall would win. They both have similiar backround's of training, have great swords, and all the rest of it. I'm not gonna nosedive into all the facts, but i generally always thought Squall was the tougher. Also, i'm keeping AC out of this, because it would be unfair.

vorpal blade
01-12-2007, 09:13 AM
I think Squall would win. They both have similiar backround's of training, have great swords, and all the rest of it. I'm not gonna nosedive into all the facts, but i generally always thought Squall was the tougher. Also, i'm keeping AC out of this, because it would be unfair.

With the exceotion of being shot in the head with little results, Could's abilities don't change. The only differences I recall are a change in wardrobe/attitude more swords, and a new limit break used to beat Sephiroth again (I call it neomnislash, as in neo+omnislash).

And another show of Cloud's strength. In the end of the game, Cloud lifts Tifa up onto a ledge. He does this with one arm; the other was holding Tifa. Let's face it, with breasts that big, no way Tifa's a lightweight. Cloud is strong.

Rocket Edge
01-12-2007, 03:09 PM

With the exceotion of being shot in the head with little results, Could's abilities don't change. The only differences I recall are a change in wardrobe/attitude more swords, and a new limit break used to beat Sephiroth again (I call it neomnislash, as in neo+omnislash).

And another show of Cloud's strength. In the end of the game, Cloud lifts Tifa up onto a ledge. He does this with one arm; the other was holding Tifa. Let's face it, with breasts that big, no way Tifa's a lightweight. Cloud is strong.
With AC even, my answer is still the same.

No.78
01-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Cloud wins the battle but Squall wins the awesomeness.

Shlnsengumi
01-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Cloud's got some amazing strength (in his victory pose, he lifts a huge sword over his head and twirls it, all with one hand). I think Squall's got a cooler look, but I like Cloud's hair. Ragnarok beats Highwind, Omnislash (15 hits*9999= 149,985 dam) beats Renzokuken
(8hits*9999=79,992 dam) even with some sort of 6-hit*9999 finisher by at least 9999.

Cloud! Plus, he gets Tifa, who's a lot cooler than Rinoa.

I can't believe you compared Clouds BEST limit break with Squalls standard. Don't forget that right after Renzokuken, it can turn into the Lionheart, which is WAY stronger then Omnislash.