PDA

View Full Version : Did your siblings ever fall into a temporary game-hating period?

Peter_20
01-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Haha, so, about four years ago my little brother started believing that he "should stop playing games" or else he'd seem immature and stuff. :rolleyes2
So, he stopped playing the games altogether, and soon he even started whining at me because I kept playing them.
"Friggin' video game nonsense", etc.
I grieved a bit, because I always enjoyed playing multiplayer with him and munching snacks and drinking Coca-cola all night long.

I was afraid that this would keep up the rest of his life, and I kept grieving.
However, not too long ago he actually started to show interest in video games anew: a few weeks ago he insisted on visiting me so we could play Super Smash Bros, and we even spent New Year's Eve playing video games.
As a matter of fact, he's even downloaded some ROM:s on his computer, and he showed me them and wanted me to try them.
He also talks a lot about video games, and I honestly feel relieved. :)

I mean, I absolutely don't want him to grow "too obsessed" with it, but I really like how he wants to play multiplayer and stuff again.
This rocks! :D

Do you recognize this "phenomenon"?

Craig
01-03-2007, 07:01 PM
I have 3 sisters and the youngest one is 7 years old than me.

So, no.

Laddy
01-03-2007, 07:03 PM
My 14 year-old sis finds it obsessive and evil, she thinks it should be illegalized. Wow, she's stupid. :p

Avarice-ness
01-03-2007, 07:03 PM
I'm the youngest (out of just me and my sister.xD) and all I can say is that I was on the phone with my sister (who is 30) and her husband just set up his old SNES, needless to say we ended up playing Super Mario 3 over the phone together! :love:

So the answer is no.

Dreddz
01-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Im the youngest in my family, my elders just dont hate gaming, they just got bored of it.

ljkkjlcm9
01-03-2007, 07:35 PM
I fell into a stretch where I found them boring and a waste of time. But then I remembered, I play them TO WASTE TIME. Funny how that works

THE JACKEL

Ryth
01-03-2007, 08:55 PM
No, my brother loves video games, he normally doesn't let me play them when I want to because we wants to keep playing for another three hours or so (and I'm too nice).

kikimm
01-04-2007, 02:17 AM
Well, my brothers don't go into phases where they HATE games, they just won't be interested in playing them for awhile. Bored of them. And I do the same thing. But right now we're all pretty into them, so woo.

Rostum
01-05-2007, 12:24 AM
When my sister was in her teenage years, she didn't like video games. But since she got out of univeristy she loves playing them. If I recall, she was extremely jealous when I bought my girlfriend a DS.

But, she's more into the cutsey kind of games. Like KH and most Nintendo games.

thompaah
01-08-2007, 08:02 AM
Haha! hello brother Peter. This is your brother! I am just in a visit. But I just wanna make clear for you and the others that I really like videogames. I have always liked videogames. But I got to a period that I just wanted to cut down playing videogames. Don't know why though. But I still play. Well, not play so much that I could start a whole new adventure in FF and things like that. I just play games I don't have to continue with after I stopped playing for the day.

I mean, I can play race-games, multiplayer on Goldeneye and PD and things like that. In those games I can play the game and stop play when I feel like it WITHOUT to resume and feel like I have done something "unclear". (I suck at english)

But, now you know :)

Bunny
01-08-2007, 12:22 PM
My older brother doesn't play video games as much as he used to, this is attributed to him growing up and realizing that something had to go. Either he continued on the path he was on, which wasn't really an option, or he continued to play video games.

He still plays them occasinally, and is big on World of Warcraft, but that's about the only game he plays anymore.

Levian
01-08-2007, 02:38 PM
My sister once dated a guy who hated most video games. He only liked a few with one of them being Puzzle Bobble, so my sister stopped playing video games too. Well, she couldn't stop playing Zelda so she bought another TV and played every now and then. Then her boyfriend died of a heart attack and a year later she got a new boyfriend, who likes video games. So they play all the time and they're even going to make a video game room. She had to open Zelda before christmas because she was going mad, she's worse than me.

Roto13
01-08-2007, 02:43 PM
My brother automatically hates everything I like, but even he can't get enough Guitar Hero or Harvest Moon or The Sims.

Levian
01-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Haha, Harvest Moon. My brothers mother in law is about 50 years old and she loves Harvest Moon. She used to spend whole days on the PS version, and she got close to everything possible to collect, like recipes, fish, greenhouse, all cows, sheeps and chicken. Anyone who's played the game knows that takes a lot of time and sweet potatoes. ;) Anyway, she played for 5 game years, and then she couldn't find anymore to collect and she called a help line to ask how you finish the game. She gets the answer that you can't finish the game, just collect more and more. And she never played it since. It's fun when old people are more of a hardcore gamer than you.

Breine
01-08-2007, 03:06 PM
My older brother who is 26 has never really liked video games... at least not as much as I do. I think he once had a Commodore 64 (sp?) way back when he was a kid, but that's probably the only gaming experience of his life. He's never seemed too interested in any of my video games and such.
My little sister who is 11 is another story, though. Because of me - or at least so I'd like to think - she has a GameCube and is more or less obsessed with Super Mario: Sunshine and Super Mario Kart: Double Dash, which are both good games. She also has some interest in some PC games, especially The Sims.