PDA

View Full Version : [Chains of Memories] Dragon Maleficient

KoShiatar
01-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Any advice on beating the ****? I've been stuch there for ages!
Also, I'm stuck in the last boss fight (I believe) in the Reverse/Rebirth mode. I'm puzzled because the game won't let me change cards and so I can't figure out an effective strategy...

Unthinkable
01-04-2007, 01:41 AM
Well with the Maleficient fight I just attacked her head on, did card breaks and used the mickey cards when available.
With Riku's last fight you need to know where abouts your zero cards are to break his combos and use dark firaga and use the mickey cards as a combo only when he reloads his cards or in an emergency otherwise he'll probably card break them. This is a tough fight so good luck!

Twilight Edge
01-05-2007, 01:26 PM
For Maleficent, attack her head and when she breaths fire, stay away. Use mickey cards if possible. Doing long range combos like Omnislash(highly recommended), Thundaga and Ragnarok work well. If you're using enemy cards, no advice here. My select button is broken so I used normal cards the entire walkthrough and still won(MARLUXIA WAS EASY).

For Ansem, whenever you turn into dark mode, DO NOT use Dark Aura and Dark Break. That stupid demon blocks the attacks easily, so it's just a waste of cards. If you're far, use dark firaga. If you're near, attack. In dark mode, if you keep attacking, Riku's attack stuns the enemy for each second attack he does(like 1, stun, 3, 1, stun, 3). Save up as many Mickey cards as possible just for emergency healing. Again, I do not have advice if you use enemy cards.

SeeDRankLou
01-05-2007, 06:00 PM
There's a pretty easy way to beat Ansem. Riku starts with high cards, and all the zeros are at the very end, so you can just scroll backwards really quickly if you need to break a sleight. You can easily break all of Ansems first few moves and go into Dark Riku form. In this form, you can jump and while in the air jump again, which will move you quickly over to Ansem. And then, while still in the air, you can attack, and Riku will do this downward swing at Ansem, that Ansem almost never blocks, that hits him two or three times. Doing this keeps you out of range of all of Ansem's non-sleight attacks, if you do it fast enough. Just repeat that air attack and you will beat him in no time.

Twilight Edge
01-06-2007, 08:06 AM
There's a pretty easy way to beat Ansem. Riku starts with high cards, and all the zeros are at the very end, so you can just scroll backwards really quickly if you need to break a sleight. You can easily break all of Ansems first few moves and go into Dark Riku form. In this form, you can jump and while in the air jump again, which will move you quickly over to Ansem. And then, while still in the air, you can attack, and Riku will do this downward swing at Ansem, that Ansem almost never blocks, that hits him two or three times. Doing this keeps you out of range of all of Ansem's non-sleight attacks, if you do it fast enough. Just repeat that air attack and you will beat him in no time.

That downwards swing is also in the normal 3-attack combo. Hit, and the next attack will stun Ansem. Because he is stunned, he will not respond and if you're fast enough, you will do that swinging move to him, normally it will attack twice, but in Ansem's case, it does three attacks in one blow.