PDA

View Full Version : I adjusted easier to GBA Version than the Playstation version.

Dagga
01-03-2007, 10:42 PM
It's true... For some funny reason I was really crap at the Playstation version but really good at the GBA version. Confusing... Is the GBA Version easier?

Evastio
01-03-2007, 11:07 PM
Yeah. I heard a lot of people say that the Playstation Hard Mode Version is harder. I haven't played it though so I don't know for sure.

lufia
01-03-2007, 11:17 PM
gba is toned down. better that way so you don't waste time grinding your levels.

ps. whats that picture???? :mog:

Jowy
01-03-2007, 11:42 PM
I successfully killed each Trap Door in the Sealed Cave in FFIV Advance without one fatality. SNES and PS1 version? At least one character died per battle. =P

The difficulty did take a hit, from what I've noticed. The double-turn ABP bug attributes to that a lot.

NeoCracker
01-04-2007, 07:35 AM
I believe his pic is Shaman King, but thats only cause I can recognize the blonde guy.

Anyway, the GBA one was a breeze compared to the PS version.

Zeromus_X
01-04-2007, 07:48 AM
It looks like Light Yagami from Death Note. Edit: Didn't see the picture...I thought you guys were talking about his avatar. xD

But anyway, it does seem like the GBA version is a tad easier. With a faster battle system, a handful of bugs, and me playing the game an unhealthy number of times before, I cleared it in only a few days. It seems strange, considering the monsters have the same stats as the hardtype version of the game.

lufia
01-04-2007, 08:47 AM
oh thanx guys :mog:

Dagga
01-04-2007, 01:20 PM
The picture is actually from Tsubasa: Resevoir Chronicle, it's of Kurogane, Fai D. Flowright and Syaoran...

Kita
01-29-2007, 01:52 PM
I havent got the Playstation version. Didnt know you could get it on PS?
But the GBA version today for my birthday..
Its much cool! Easy to play so far!

feioncastor
01-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Yeah, the GBA version is much easier than the PS1 version. In many ways, I found it easier than the SNES FFII. For example, on SNES the fight with Golbez, right after you fight Calbrena was really, really tough, since Rydia is so weak and everyone besides her and Cecil is dead. But I had no trouble with that one on GBA. It was actually over very quickly, and Rydia didn't die, too. I don't know if that ever happened to me on SNES.

Scream1008
01-30-2007, 01:27 AM
Is the PS version pretty much the only way you can get Chrono Trigger without having a SNES?

Takara
01-30-2007, 02:06 AM
Yep. In North America, at least.

But yes, PS version was more difficult than the GBA version. Or maybe I've just beat this game so many time it's like a breeze in the park to beat it again.

FinalChance
02-04-2007, 04:06 AM
Some of the boss fights were a ***** in PSX. *thinks of the EvilWall*

*shudders*