PDA

View Full Version : What in blazes is so danged funny about corn beef and cabbage!?

KentaRawr!
01-03-2007, 11:34 PM
So, have you ever told someone about a food you like, and then suddenly, they just burst out laughing? o_O

At school today, I told a friend of mine that my Mom had cooked corn beef and cabbage for New Year's dinner. This friend of mine proceeded to laugh, and snort as she repeated over and over: "Corn beef... (catches breath)... and CABBAGE!!!"

I still don't get why it's funny.

Has this ever happened to you?

LoveArya
01-03-2007, 11:37 PM
nope.
I guess you just like more.....unique......foods.
I dont see whats wrong with it, you cant help what you like.

blackmage_nuke
01-03-2007, 11:38 PM
HAHAHAHAHAA!!!
corned beef and cabbage!?

HAHAAAAHHHHAAA!!!!

and no, maybe once when i said i like to eat dragon eyes but they didnt know what they were :D

-

Meat Puppet
01-03-2007, 11:45 PM
There is nothing funny about the staple diet of a proud civilization.

Sergeant Hartman
01-03-2007, 11:47 PM
I eat my food in secret.

oddler
01-03-2007, 11:59 PM
I laugh about things like that all the time. Not necessarily food but not excluding food, either.
Some words just strike me as funny, I guess. :p

Dr Aum
01-04-2007, 12:12 AM
Apparently I'm the only one among my friends who likes brussels sprouts. And apparently brussels sprouts are somehow funny. So yes.

mooglebunni608
01-04-2007, 12:26 AM
Corned beef and cabbage sounds funny when you say it out loud.

kikimm
01-04-2007, 12:34 AM
So, have you ever told someone about a food you like, and then suddenly, they just burst out laughing? o_O

At school today, I told a friend of mine that my Mom had cooked corn beef and cabbage for New Year's dinner. This friend of mine proceeded to laugh, and snort as she repeated over and over: "Corn beef... (catches breath)... and CABBAGE!!!"

I still don't get why it's funny.

Has this ever happened to you?

I'm more likely the person laughing, than the one laughed at. I can see how "corned beef and cabbage" could induce such a fit! Like that Odd Eye character said, some words just strike you as funny.

Quindiana Jones
01-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Hence why I never eat.

Bunny
01-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Corned Beef is delicious. I'm not too big on the cabbage part though. And I've never really seen the hilarity in it. Nor any other foods. Hmm.. maybe I just don't have a sense of humor?

Madonna
01-04-2007, 06:08 PM
Maybe she just thought that corned beef and cabbage was strange to serve at New Year's Eve? You laugh about the odd things.

Geez, I thought alcohol was served on New Year's.

Iceglow
01-04-2007, 07:22 PM
I once got laughed at when I told my friends at work that for Christmas I had brought my nephews chocolate covered giant ants, chocolate covered scorpion and toffee covered scorpion as presents and would pay them to actually eat them. It was brilliant they didn't believe me untill the next day I took the toffee covered scorpion in with me and showed them.