PDA

View Full Version : Games you wish they would rerelease

The Last Ancient
01-04-2007, 12:12 AM
Mostly games I'm desperate to play and are too hard to find, I particularly wish they'd release earthbound and tactics ogre cause I never played them and have only heard amazing things, any others?

Ryth
01-04-2007, 12:18 AM
A huge number of PS1 games, Vagrant Story and the first two Suikodens come to mind, because I can't find them anywhere. I want a rerelease of Disgaea: Hour Of Darkness as well, because I hear it is also pretty difficult to find.

vorpal blade
01-04-2007, 12:48 AM
I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a new copy of FFVII and SOTN. I'd also like to play Suikoden II. And Castlevania:Rondo of Blood, which I believe was only released for the PC in Japan.

Lionx
01-04-2007, 01:29 AM
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile...and this time on the US Coast too -_-

PS2 Capcom vs SNK 2, and Dreamcast...wait..

Zeromus_X
01-04-2007, 01:41 AM
The first Disgaea and Star Ocean, and Tales of Destiny (it doesn't appear like we'll get the PS2 remake...)

Polnareff
01-04-2007, 01:43 AM
I want a rerelease of Disgaea: Hour Of Darkness as well, because I hear it is also pretty difficult to find.
Disgaea is quite easy to find.

It's just finding it at a cheap price that's really hard. And the game's even easier to find now due to NIS re-releasing it last month, so you got your wish. =)

As for me, I wish Capcom would re-release games like Rival Schools, Project Justice, and Misadventures of Tron Bonne (as all my old copies of these games were either stolen or lent out never to be seen again). And I wish Star Ocean 2 could get re-released too.

Ryth
01-04-2007, 01:58 AM
I want a rerelease of Disgaea: Hour Of Darkness as well, because I hear it is also pretty difficult to find.
Disgaea is quite easy to find.

It's just finding it at a cheap price that's really hard. And the game's even easier to find now due to NIS re-releasing it last month, so you got your wish. =)

As for me, I wish Capcom would re-release games like Rival Schools, Project Justice, and Misadventures of Tron Bonne (as all my old copies of these games were either stolen or lent out never to be seen again). And I wish Star Ocean 2 could get re-released too.

You've made me ever so happy. :bigsmile:

Roto13
01-04-2007, 02:25 AM
NiGHTS. Yup.

LunarWeaver
01-04-2007, 02:34 AM
A huge number of PS1 games, Vagrant Story

Amazon has used copies of Vagrant Story for about 20 bucks if you're into the online shopping thing.

I wish they would re-release Final Fantasy VII, Suikoden I and II, Silent Hill 1, Fatal Frame, a non-PSP Valkyrie Profile (never happening now), Star Ocean 2, Shin Megami Tensei:Nocturne (I'd also put SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 if I hadn't caved and bought overpriced used copies of both already), the Ps1 Tales games, Parasite Eve 1 and 2 (I own the first and only want 2, but what the heck just do both), and...I can't think of any more so I'll stop.

Kanshisha
01-04-2007, 02:53 AM
well uh hmm...i ah...hmmm...yeah i kn...hmm....nope can't think of any..wait!...nah..

I Took the Red Pill
01-04-2007, 04:13 AM
Monster Party needs to be remade for this generation, although I don't know if the level of weirdness would translate well from the NES to the platforms of today. Only one way to find out though :monster:

Rinion
01-04-2007, 04:19 AM
They need to make a 3D Version of Castlevania:SotN. Call it NEW-SotN. So, when it really, really sucks, they make the original into a new retro-classic game with limited editions to make BIG bucks. Called SotN Classic.

:)

NeoCracker
01-04-2007, 04:22 AM
Earthbound in Wii Graphics. Using classic controller of course.

OR Lufia 1 and 2.

Vermachtnis
01-04-2007, 04:25 AM
I wanna play Tales of Rebirth, but there is no way that's coming state side.

And Megaman Legends II, SMT: Nocturn, Valkyrie Profile (PSOne), that's about it.

Ryth
01-04-2007, 04:28 AM
A huge number of PS1 games, Vagrant Story

Amazon has used copies of Vagrant Story for about 20 bucks if you're into the online shopping thing.

Well, I'm really behind on this stuff aren't I? Well, I was never into the whole online thing before, but I may as well start now.

Avarice-ness
01-04-2007, 04:32 AM
Secret of Mana on the GBA would make me so happy..

Roto13
01-04-2007, 06:36 AM
I want a remake of Deja Vu 1 and 2, mostly for the graphical update.

RiseToFall
01-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Castlevania SoTN- I traded it in when I was younger, a very stupid thing to do.

Valkyrie Profile (non PSP) - I need the original dammit.

Suikoden 1 and 2 - I've been wanting to play this series for the longest time.

Games Japan needs to bring over.

Tales of Destiny 2 and Tales of Rebirth - My Tales collection will always have a big hole in it.

Zeromus_X
01-04-2007, 08:03 AM
Yeah, they'll probably never give us the real ToD2 since Tales of Eternia was already released as 'Tales of Destiny 2'. >_<

Polnareff
01-04-2007, 11:52 AM
You've made me ever so happy.
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that the MSRP for Disgaea is now a lot cheaper than it was before. Hence why if you go on eBay now and find the game most of the copies being sold are only in the $30 range (as opposed to being $50 or over).

I also wanted to see Breath of Fire 3 be re-released on PS1. I had the game before on PS1 but it stopped working after a few years. I have it on PSP but that's not good enough :tongue:

NeoCracker
01-04-2007, 12:02 PM
You've made me ever so happy.
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that the MSRP for Disgaea is now a lot cheaper than it was before. Hence why if you go on eBay now and find the game most of the copies being sold are only in the $30 range (as opposed to being $50 or over).

I also wanted to see Breath of Fire 3 be re-released on PS1. I had the game before on PS1 but it stopped working after a few years. I have it on PSP but that's not good enough :tongue:

They have it on psp? Dammint, now if i can't get my copy fixed I may have to get a PSP.

That, or hope I find an ISO for it, but thats another story entirely

Bunny
01-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Suikoden 2. My copy is torn and scratched to hell but in working order. However, I'm afraid to use it out of fear of breaking the damned thing. I would kill for that Suikoden I and II PSP release. Then I would get a PSP no matter what. But alas..

Firo Volondé
01-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Secret of Mana on the GBA would make me so happy..

Seconded.

Jowy
01-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Thirded.

Also, Seiken Densetsu 3 on some type of hand-held with online connectivity for multiplayer? HOT.

Slothy
01-04-2007, 02:31 PM
NiGHTS. Yup.

We are of one mind on this subject. I'd also like to see Vagrant Story get a rerelease. Maybe I'll just break down and try to find it on Ebay.

lufia
01-04-2007, 02:31 PM
OR Lufia 1 and 2.

now we talking business :mog: , its dead by now tho..only way is through ebay or something

Ichimonji
01-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Suikoden II, and Xenogears. I don't care about graphical updates, I just want to play the games.

Little Blue
01-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Lemmings. Not the PSX version, the original on the atari or the omega or whatever that machine was. That game was so cool... I miss it and want it, and hate the PSX version...

Dreddz
01-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Vib Ribbon needs a rerelease, really.

ljkkjlcm9
01-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, and Super Mario RPG on the GBA or DS

THE JACKEL

Skyblade
01-05-2007, 01:00 AM
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Shining Force (not the butchered copy which was Resurrection of the Dark Dragon, just Legacy of the Great Intention)
Shining Force II
Metroid 3: Super Metroid
Tenchu: Stealth Assassins

Zerok
01-05-2007, 03:30 AM
I'd wish they'd re-release Xenogears. I loved that game to death. I also wish they made a sequel to it but... alas...

Aemilius Blight
01-05-2007, 06:39 AM
A PSP re-release of Xenogears with the second disk filled out properly would be lovely.

Also, Suikoden I and II, obviously.

Lawr
01-05-2007, 06:53 AM
That 3rd 'Chrono' game.

Like Chrono Trigger, Cross, and there was another one. (Not Ressurection.) but it was cancelled.
, or something. I might be crazy though...

Editga_
Lol. RErelease, Xenogears obviously wins here...

NeoCracker
01-05-2007, 07:09 AM
I believe the third was going to be Chrono Break, but Square didn't go anywhere with it. But thats just if memory serves correctly.

Wolf Kanno
01-05-2007, 07:28 AM
I would love for Suikoden I & II, Valkyrie Profile (both non-PSP thank you), Castelvania: Symphony of the Night (w/o the ugly Greatest hits tag),NiGHTS, the original Virtual On, Persona I; without the :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty translation and butchering. Lufia I and II (though I pray they remove the DQ battle system from Lufia I), how about a Darkstalker or Samurai Showdown collection?!!

Games that need to be finally released outside of Japan:

Radical Dreamers, Suikoden Gaiden I & II (I need some hot Nash action;) ) Persona II: Innocent Sin, Most of the Megaten series that hasn't been brought over. Xenosaga I: Reloaded, Seiken Denetsu III (hey Squenix, how about a Mana collection for the PS2 or Cube?), Star Ocean I, DQ IV-VI, and Castelvania: Rhondo of Blood

Pike
01-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Super Mario RPG on the GBA or DS

Yes.

Polnareff
01-05-2007, 10:00 PM
how about a Darkstalker or Samurai Showdown collection?!!

Today's your lucky day because if you can import, there is a Darkstalkers collection on PS2, but only in Japan. It's called Vampire Collection and includes all the arcade Darkstalkers games.

SNKP said in a interview a while back that they were gonna release a Samurai Shodown compilation but I'm not sure if it will ever come to the USA (or wherever you live at).

Dreddz
01-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Maybe not Darkstalkers, but a Samurai Showdown collection would be great.