PDA

View Full Version : cryptozoology

Lynx
01-04-2007, 06:36 AM
so a little while ago me and my friends were watching something on 3 animal mysteries i guess you could put it. they happened to be big foot, loch ness monster and mokele mbembe (which is apparently a brachiasaur liveing in the congo). the other day we happened to bring it up in conversation and it got me interested. we looked up some other "cryptids" its quite interesting to me. not that i belive all of them infact i belive very few of them but none the less they interest me.

so who else on here belives or atleast thinks its interesting?

which ones do you belive could be the most possible?

- - - TAURUS - - -
01-04-2007, 06:42 AM
Been into this stuff since I was a kid.

Loch Ness for the most part, I think, is no more. I do believe either a creature lived in it and finally died off, or passes through time to time, but doesn't actually live in it. Champ seems to be the new Loch Ness, much better story the check.

Big Foot I believe is real, we just havn't discovered them yet. Idk why they're so elusive, guess it's their little secret until we discover them.

Never heard of the third, sounds ridiculous, but I'll check it.

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/mokele.html

There's a pic of champ near the end. I think that's Very strong proof of something, and not us seeing :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Agent Proto
01-04-2007, 06:47 AM
I always find these things interesting. I used to look on the Internet and read stuff on these and much more. You know there are several lake monsters in North America? One at Lake Champlain nicknamed "Champ" and another at Lake Erie.

Though, I'm not sure what to think about them, but I do believe it's possible that they do exist, even Bigfoot exists!

Lynx
01-04-2007, 06:56 AM
yeah champ is one of my favorites. especially consideirng i live in new york and lake champlain is just a few horus away.

theres also supposed to be one in lake tahoe

there supposed to be a serpent like lake creature in canada named ogopogo. which also happens to be an optional boss in final fantasy IV.

i also like the thunderbird a lot.

Mittopotahis
01-04-2007, 07:12 AM
I'd think that if there were a one-of-a-kind elusive animal out there, it would have died by now. Some of these myths are centuries old, can you expect a creature to live that long? Sure, turtles can live up to 200 years, but I'd think by now they would have died or just plain don't exist.

Nominus Experse
01-04-2007, 08:32 AM
Interesting folk lore, no more.

God damned rhymes...

Dynast-Kid
01-04-2007, 08:34 AM
I used to be obsessed with cryptozoology!

My favorite cryptids would have to be Bigfoot and Mothman. I find them the most frightening, and the most interesting of all the cryptids.

Lawr
01-04-2007, 08:36 AM
The only cryptozoology creature I believe in is Missingno., the Poke'mon.

This post is a joke. but I do think that all of these are interesting subjects. I don't know whether to believe in them or note.

I used to be obsessed with cryptozoology!

My favorite cryptids would have to be Bigfoot and Mothman. I find them the most frightening, and the most interesting of all the cryptids.

I loved that movie, Mothman.

Meat Puppet
01-04-2007, 10:44 AM
I think it would be pretty cool if moa were still around. Though they would probably eat me.

Bunny
01-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Mothman and the Thunderbird!

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-04-2007, 12:57 PM
I reckon the possibility of Bigfoot existing is very unlikely but I still find these stories interesting. Stuff like conspiracies and hoaxes strike friendly cords with me

Lynx
01-04-2007, 06:05 PM
im in the woods a lot itd be cool to run into a big foot one day but it hasnt happened yet. id probably throw a rock at it and clime a tree to get away :D

right now thunder brid has me the most interested. itd be so cool to one day look up and see a massive bird in the air. ive seen my share of bald eagles now i jsut have to wait to see an even bigger bird.