PDA

View Full Version : Someone is posing as me, and editing my posts.

Kenji Longaway
01-04-2007, 11:45 AM
I don't know how this could have happened, especially because its only my second day here, and I haven't shared my password with anyone.
And no one knows the password to my E-mail account, so there is no possibility of someone obtaining it via my E-mail.

Here is what happened.
I logged in to check on my PM's( I have been receiving a lot of PM's to my surprise. ) and they were all deleted before I could even check them, and I had at least 6( somewhere near 70 in all ) before I logged out prior to this.

I later checked on my "Cloud VS. Squall" thread, and another poll option had been added, in addition to the previous three. "Regis phillbin". This is my best evidence that there is someone tampering with my posts, because Regis is winning the vote by 679, the last I checked. That is highly unlikely.

When I went back to add URL links to my threads "Bionic Woman Remake", and "Halle Berry Expecting" the URLs worked fine when I tested them. Then everyone complained that they were broken, and they were right.

The same thing happened to my "IN YOUR FACE" thread. The URL's were broken that were previously working fine.

So someone has to have been tampering with them.

Meat Puppet
01-04-2007, 12:51 PM
I have investigated your problem, and I have whittled the list of possible offenders to about 21. That list can be found separated into two groups, found on a specific page. I will leave a ‘useful links’ section in this post, to help you out. The groups are: Administrators and Cid's Knights (a Cid's Knight being EoFF lingo for moderator). These people can edit your posts and polls if they have to. But only if they really have to. OK, I lied. But they won’t harm you in any way, unless you break rules (I guess). Don’t be afraid. If you have any more problems about such things, feel free to private message them; I would say that they know much more about this kind of thing than scum like me would.

If you feel that your account has been hijacked, then I suggest changing your password and possibly upgrading your computer’s security. There are also several strategies you can employ while creating a new password, which can help to make your password more difficult to guess.

Useful Links:

Forum Leaders: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showgroups.php
FAQ: http://forums.eyesonff.com/faq.php

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I hope this is not all some kind of joke. I just put clean underwear on.

EDIT: I thought I would give you a helpful hint. When dealing with Cid's Knights, I always just pretend they are Ordinators from Morrowind. I haven’t got in trouble since. But I guess it only works if you’ve played Morrowind, and never got strong enough to kill Ordinators.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/liamd/indoril3.jpg

Never talk to them whilst wearing their armor!

Jowy
01-04-2007, 02:18 PM
BEST THREAD EVER

Leeza
01-04-2007, 03:58 PM
:heart: MP. :)

Kenji Longaway: The only people that could be tampering with your polls, etc. would be Cid's Knights or Administrators and I would not put it past some of us to do so. :)

Other changes to your urls, etc. would be done by you or someone who has access to your account. If that is the case, then I suggest you change your password and log off whenever you are not at the computer. You are responsible for all posts made on your account so staying logged in while you are not at the computer is something that you are doing at your own risk.

Samuraid
01-04-2007, 09:21 PM
The URLs may also have fallen victim to a certain cute dragon knight's clever text replacement schemes. ;)

rubah
01-04-2007, 10:04 PM
oh who could it be that would be that kawaii ^_^?

We don't read or delete your PMs though. Knights can't, and Admin are honorbound not to touch them without permission, so I dunno about that.

Kenji Longaway
01-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Someone must be posing as me again, because Zemodos_X, or whatever his name is gave me a notification in my E-mail that I was going to be bannned for hate PMs, and constantly making too many threads.
How in the world am I going around doing this, and I have been inactive for a month? Total B.S.

I never respond to any of the Hate PMs I received, and let me tell you, I get them. My user notes are proof of that. I have never sent out a hate PM. Thats not true.
Have not made any new threads, either.
You can ban me if you want to, but ban me for something I did do, not this. This crime isn't on my hands.
I will probably leave for a few months again anyway.
Oh, and how do you close the user notes? I am tired of people taking out there fustrations on me.
Somebody talk to me.

Oh, and I would also like to note, this harassment has got to stop with moderators. I have not been back here, so if you are going to ban me, fine, but stop sending me E-mails.
Seriously.
I know Johnny Cochran's son. He is a good lawyer.

Do not double post. ~ Leeza

Christmas
01-16-2007, 05:46 PM
K, everyone. It is me that that is behind all this evil conspiracy using my secret rogue admin powerz and there is nothing you can do about it. :bigsmile:

Last Activity: 01-16-2007 05:47 PM
Private Messaging @ 05:47 PM

EDIT: I knew Zeus' son Hercules. :bigsmile:

EDIT2: OH DEAR, IT WAS NOT ME THAT POST THE ABOVE POST! SOMEONE EDITED MY POST! SERIOUSLY!! :(

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-16-2007, 06:15 PM
If you're upset about the amount of hate mail you're receiving then don't bother reading them, just delete, I believe you are sensible enough to do the right thing

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/clamfish/whatsthis.gif

Oh wait

Kenji Longaway
01-16-2007, 06:27 PM
If you're upset about the amount of hate mail you're receiving then don't bother reading them, just delete, I believe you are sensible enough to do the right thing

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/clamfish/whatsthis.gif

Oh wait

I have deleted them. I even disabled people from being able to E-mail me. But t my surprise, after not coming back in so long...I am on the verge of being banned? For what? I have never responded to any hate PM's, or the user notes! Except for today.
I am totally confused.
I want my birdy turned back yellow!

rih29
01-16-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm all confused.

and lol Regis Phillbin.

crono_logical
01-20-2007, 01:31 AM
I don't see the issue here :p

Also, your account is yours to protect - if someone hijacks it or guesses the password, or you leave the browser open (or cookies/passwords remembered) on a shared or public computer, and they do bad things in your name, that's your problem and not ours :D Change your password and keep it safe if you believe that could be the problem, and watch the browser settings if you're not the only user of the computer.

Also, the grey/yellow bird (chocobo) is an online indicator - grey for when you're not logged in and yellow when you are, so don't worry too much over that one :p