PDA

View Full Version : Columns

Madonna
01-04-2007, 04:13 PM
I was just checking out a tab that my girlfriend kept open, and it was open to Savage Love, is something I enjoy reading when I chance upon it. Then, suddenly struck by the desire to read more advice/readers' question kind of columns, I struck up Straight Dope and ĦAsk a Mexican!.

I would link the online versions of these columns, but maybe they are not the most family-friendly articles to share. However, I was wondering if anyone had any favorite columns that they read in their local paper or online and share what they are about.

Savage Love is a column where people bug Dan Savage for all sorts of relationship advice, and they are given it, bluntly and honestly.

Straight Dope is a column by Cecil Adams, and it is just awesome for all the things he looks into and giving the readers the "straight dope" afterwards. Think Mythbusters in newspaper format?

And ĦAsk a Mexican! is where people send in letters asking questions based on Mexicans, their customs, politics, and so on.

Hop to it.

-N-
01-05-2007, 12:30 AM
I always read Neel's editorials in the Post, even though they suck. I wish I could meet him and release all the hate from his soul. Or failing that, smash his head against a pile of rocks repeatedly. I wonder what he'll write about this time?

Uh yeah, I also read Get Fuzzy, if that counts.

rubah
01-05-2007, 01:19 AM
I have read many an article of the Straight Dope and it is just plain l33t.

Roto13
01-05-2007, 01:41 AM
I read The View From Here, which is by Newfoundland columnist Ed Smith. He's very clever.