PDA

View Full Version : Tsubasa: Resevoir Chronicle

Dagga
01-04-2007, 04:20 PM
I love this manga series! It's so different from the Card Captors series! (Though the same obviously) I think it's the only manga that crosses over (with xxxholic) It's just so great! I love it! Opinions anyone?

JKTrix
01-04-2007, 05:26 PM
There are other manga crossovers, but yeah. I'm not much of a manga reader, but the little bit I have read looked promising.

The anime, though, bored me to tears. It has action and suspsense and all that stuff, but it just wasn't very interesting. A lot like Fate/Stay Night.

Dynast-Kid
01-04-2007, 08:18 PM
I <3 the anime.

edczxcvbnm
01-04-2007, 08:45 PM
I watch the anime. It has more filler but it does help to expand the vast-ness of the universe with different worlds. I am waiting for the last and final season of the show starting in April.

Quindiana Jones
01-04-2007, 08:46 PM
Cardcaptors? That sounds familiar. Was it like: CARDCAPTORS! A MYSTIC ADVENTURE! CARDCAPTORS! A QUEST FOR ALL TIME! EACH CARD POSSESSES A POWER something, YOU'VE GOT TO something AND BRING THE POWER HOOOOOOME!

I loved that program. I dunno if that's relevant or not. But seriously, Cardcaptors rocks my face.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Cardcaptors was actually heavily editted and rearranged in an attempt to make Syaoran the main character to appeal to a young male audience. The original series, Cardcaptor Sakura, was extremely cute, and involved several homosexual relationships and a few student/teacher relationships, one of which was between a 4th grader and a 20-something-year-old.

I enjoy Tsubasa Chronicle, but the filler in the anime does irk me to some degree. It's pretty though and I absolutely love the music (Yuki Kajiura = :love: ). I need to finish watching the second season eventually.

Ryth
01-05-2007, 05:32 AM
I'm on Volume III, which is laying in my room somewhere, and so far I am enjoying it quite a bit. Never seen the anime though.

Quindiana Jones
01-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Cardcaptors was actually heavily editted and rearranged in an attempt to make Syaoran the main character to appeal to a young male audience. The original series, Cardcaptor Sakura, was extremely cute, and involved several homosexual relationships and a few student/teacher relationships, one of which was between a 4th grader and a 20-something-year-old.

Wow, I never knew that. I don't remember any homosexuality or 4th grade/20 year old lovin' though. Might just have been edited for all the little kiddies.

So the one I watched was the origional series? Kero rocks my face.

Dynast-Kid
01-05-2007, 05:22 PM
I enjoy Tsubasa Chronicle, but the filler in the anime does irk me to some degree. It's pretty though and I absolutely love the music (Yuki Kajiura = :love: ). I need to finish watching the second season eventually.

I've yet to read the manga, so I can't tell what's filler and what's not.

And that opera song that plays when Syaoran first meets Yuuko is so beautiful!<333

Tasura
01-05-2007, 06:00 PM
I'll just agree with Void, since he's said basically what I would have said, other than I've already finished the second season.

ShunNakamura
01-08-2007, 03:56 AM
Well I am watching the anime and finding it quite entertaining. But who else is glad Mokona doesn't right the entire series's storyline. That one episode... I think a four year old could have come up with a better plot then Mokona did(of course that is part of the humour but wow, Mokona could use an imagination implant :P).

As for cardcaptors I really enjoyed the series(I watched a fansubbed version, what I have read of the american dub makes me quake in my boots).

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-08-2007, 05:12 AM
If you watched Cardcaptors in English, you watched the editted version. It never aired in America in uneditted form. The first episode that aired was the episode when Syaoran (Li, as they called him) first appeared, the Thunder card.

ShunNakamura
01-08-2007, 05:42 AM
If you are talking to me, I think I stated I watched a fansub. Of course I guess the quality of the group could be brought up but according to the sources I have read it had all the episodes.

Of course if the American Dub started at the Thunder card that is like 7 episodes they cut right there.... Good greif they really must have butchered it.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-08-2007, 05:50 AM
Oh they butchered Cardcaptor Sakura all right. It was nearly unrecognizable in its finished product.

CelestialStarDust
01-08-2007, 06:05 AM
i really loved that show and the second movie was ADORABLE.and whats this with the third season being the last??i must know.and the english dub of cardcaptor sakura actually scared me when i was a little kid.the opening was too fast.i loved sailor moon though :P

Hellsnextboss
01-27-2007, 08:50 PM
I actually only bought Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles Because I recognised Syaoran and Sakura on the cover! I loved Card captors!!

crono_logical
01-27-2007, 09:52 PM
Fortunately(?) the version of Cardcaptors we got in England had the same episode order as the original japanese version and less cut :p I think the American DVD release ditched the lame episode order as well, can't remember the details though. Still doesn't compare to the original japanese version by a huge shot though :p

I'll probably watch Tsubasa when it's all finished airing and subbed. The soundtrack's great stuff though, as expected of Kajiura Yuki, so I've been getting my hands on that as it's appeared on the net :p Bit disappointed with the animation of what I've seen so far though, it seems to contain less detail than Cardcaptor Sakura (compare the way the eyes/pupils themselves are drawn between the two series), and block areas of colour seem too smooth, I'd presume due to more use of computers to animate stuff quicker these days. :p

Cumulus Cloud
02-01-2007, 05:11 AM
i'm gonna start watching tsubasa chronicles, but for some reason i can't find any vids for ep1 on youtube :( If anyone could give me a link to episode 1 vid (english subtitles plz) i'll give you a cookie

JKTrix
02-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Tsubasa is licensed--which is probably one reason you can't find it on YouTube. Get the DVD when it comes out if you dare.

I still think this show was kinda stale.

If you want some fresh CLAMP goodness, watch Code Geass (http://anime.fansub.tv/series.php/904/Code%20Geass%3A%20Lelouch%20of%20the%20Rebellion/).

Cumulus Cloud
02-02-2007, 12:41 AM
oh thx i'll give that a chance i'll watch that along with xxxholic

Germ Hamee
02-02-2007, 09:11 AM
Tsubasa teases me with X cameo's, reminding me once again of the tragic hiatus of my all-time favorite manga.

So... Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle can go drown in a pool of slimy milk until I get over it.