PDA

View Full Version : I dont get the story line >.<

tidus_rox
01-04-2007, 05:01 PM
Okay here is my story. I am at they Feywood and I love this game, but I have one problem; I dont understand what is going on. If some one could write a HUGE post that explains EVERYTHING up to the feywood that would be great. Please do not post just to say "I haven't made it to the feywood yet" or "I dont get it either". If you are posting, please do it to explain the storyline to me...

Thanks,

Cody

Renmiri
01-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Nethicite is what is all about.
Nethicite is a very powerful form of Magicite, the thing that fuels all magic and technology in Spira. 3 pieces of Nethicite were given to King Raythwall by "the gods" 1,100 years ago. He used it to bring peace to Ivalice, forming the Galtean Alliance. 700 years later his bloodline ended, i.e., his last direct descendant died with no heirs. The Kings of Dalmasca took over, being somewhat related by blood but the other Kingdoms of Archadia and Rozaria didn't respect them as much as they respected the Raythwall bloodline.

400 years after we arrive at the game's opening: Things are tense since Rozarria has made a pact with Nabradia and the Archadians said they won't stand for it: having their rival empire set bases on their continent. Dalmasca runs to the support of Nabradia. Ashe of Dalmasca is getting married to Rassler of Nabradia to cement their alliance when news of a terrible attack to Nabudis arrives. Rassler departs to defend Dalmasca's frontier with Bash. He dies at Nalbina, the forrtress in the frontier with Nabradia.

Dalmascan troops fight hard but loose. Nabradia has been utterly destroyed. Ashe's dad, King Raminas is forced to sign "a treaty" which is in fact a polite name to call his surrendering to Archadia. Bash and Vossler hear that Archadians plan to murder the king and go after him.
The king dies anyway, Bach is jailed as traitor and "king killer" and Dalmasca falls. Archadia now dominates a large portion of Ivalice.

Two years later we learn that Lord Vayne was behind King Raminas death, he did it to force the Dalmascans to deliver him a piece of Nethicite that was in the Royal treasure. Ashe goes after the third piece of Nethicite, knowing that a) Vayne has the other 2 from Raythwall AND b) Draklor Labs (and Dr. Cid) are making artificial Nethicite on their labs.

The Dawn shard gets retrieved but taken by an Archadian Judge, who manages to destroy the entire 8th Imperial fleet by mishandling it. This causes 2 things: Ashe sees the power of Nethicite AND Vayne gets in hot water with his dad and the Senate for losing an entire fleet. His solution ? Kills his dad and dissolves the Senate, making himself dictator Supreme.

Ashe goes after Raythwall's sword, a sword that can destroy Nethicite and obtains it. She goes after Cid to destroy the shards in Vayne's possession but he escapes, telling her to meet him at Giruvegan.

Giruvegan is where Raythwall met "the gods" 1,100 years ago. Ashe goes there to find some answers and a way to stop Cid and Vayne, getting revenge for her father, Rassler and the entire kingdom of Nabradia, all destroyed by Vayne in his mad quest for Nethicite

ValiantKnight
01-05-2007, 05:20 AM
I never understood what much of the gods or undying said... everything they said and everything wrote in Pharos seemed to contradict itself in some form or way. Like they were telling her to use the blade, then half of the little etched things you read on the way up through Pharos seem to contradict that, saying bad about Ashe... or so it seemed from my memory.
I assumed they wrote it there since the wording is similar and I think they mentioned themselves.... but maybe it was someone else

Most of the rest of the story I get, just much of the interactions with above spoilered things seem strange.

Renmiri
01-05-2007, 04:22 PM
I found the sayings in Pharos Tower extremely annoying. Almost made me wish I could switch to Vayne's side ;)

Oh, here are the kingdoms as of 2 years before the game. Archadia conquered all the "white" after that.
http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/images/Ivalicekingdoms.jpg

tidus_rox
01-05-2007, 08:22 PM
wow, now that I get the storyline the game is amazing! Thanks, guys! :D