PDA

View Full Version : Sod's Law in action.

starseeker
01-04-2007, 06:16 PM
a.k.a. Murphy's Law. If it can go wrong it will go wrong.

I'm bringing this up for discussion because I recently lost my scientific calculator, which was an absolute bloody disaster since I need it for most of my lessons. A few days ago I gave myself blisters on a shopping trip getting hold of a replacement (and lost some of my shopping in the process). Then today I found my own calculator (with
part of the cover missing) in the Physics lab. So now I pissed off that I've wasted so much money.

So has anyone else had experiences like this recently?

Araciel
01-04-2007, 06:18 PM
i had planned to move across the country but then found out i owed a lot of money....how did i not know i owed!!?? brutal...so now i'm stuck for a little while

Avarice-ness
01-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Yeah this normally happens on a daily basis with me. The other day I was inspired to draw something but my stylus went missing and I couldn't find it till two days ago and by that time I just didn't want to draw anything. :(

escobert
01-04-2007, 06:35 PM
my life is this. if it can go wrong it will.

Quindiana Jones
01-04-2007, 06:36 PM
I was an undercover Irish policeman once, and in every single bit of my operations something went wrong. Luckily, due to my expertise, I managed to find a way to combat the badness. Yey. And then my mum went mental and we had to put her in a home.

Roto13
01-04-2007, 07:06 PM

Renmiri
01-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Gosh Quinn, THAT is more than Murph's law, that is pure bad luck!

My life has been usually pretty lucky but Murph's law does tend to show itself. God has a twisted sense of humor ;)

BTW, has anyone heard of Smerek's law ?

Smerek's Law is an adage in the spirit of Murphy's law. It states, "Describing a video game to non-players makes you sound like an idiot"

We use it a lot at Wikipedia ;)

Quindiana Jones
01-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Quinn is a noob. I AM THE ALMIGHTY QUIN. And I'm pure. Ish.

I was actually describing the TV program ""Murphy's Law" in a failed attempt at humour. :(

Bunny
01-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Quinn is a noob. I AM THE ALMIGHTY QUIN. And I'm pure. Ish.

I was actually describing the TV program ""Murphy's Law" in a failed attempt at humour. :(

I understood it, dear Quin. Come on, let's have a hug.

>_>

~*~Celes~*~
01-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Tomorrow, I get my gradecard back and I find out how I did on my exams. I'm horrible in math and science, specifically this quarter, and if I have lower than a C, I'm off the computer for 9 weeks. So yeah, it's in effect for me if I didn't do so hot on my math 'n science exams >.>

Renmiri
01-04-2007, 08:43 PM
3 kids here.. I rarely watch adult television :( Way too tired after tucking the kids in bed.

Good to hear your life is better than what you described above, QUIN :D

EDIT: Eeek Celes, 9 weeks w/o talking to your sweatie ? That's way too harsh!!!!!

Quindiana Jones
01-04-2007, 08:47 PM
If my life was like Murphy's in Murphy's Law, I'd be in Heaven. And I don't mean because I'm dead either. :heart:

~*~Celes~*~
01-04-2007, 10:47 PM
EDIT: Eeek Celes, 9 weeks w/o talking to your sweatie ? That's way too harsh!!!!!
My dad has a bad habit of being a jerk.

blim
01-04-2007, 11:05 PM

Should have studied then

~*~Celes~*~
01-04-2007, 11:14 PM

Should have studied then

I've tried studying, it only makes my grades worse. I get everything confused.

oddler
01-05-2007, 12:11 AM
The chances of a buttered slice of bread landing on a carpet buttered-side-down is directly proportional to the price of the carpet. :cool:

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-05-2007, 01:17 AM

Heath
01-05-2007, 02:24 PM
There was that time I had a debating competition to go to back in March and I just happened to be wearing a suit. And that day just happened to be the one with the snow storm that just happened to cancel the competition; the same day it happened that college ended up closed. All this during the day when the buses happened to only run one route, so I got stuck in the town next to my own because the second bus wasn't running. Managed to get a taxi in the end though

Still, I shouldn't complain, that was just a minor inconvenience in the end. Sod's Law is a universal truth though.

Essência
01-05-2007, 03:33 PM
First period:
I had lost my History book, and I asked everyone in my class if they had saw it. "No."

Second Period: 1º day of school:
"Oh this book isnt yours? It was with me all the time!:laughing: "

Me::sweatdrop At least she gaved me the book when I alredy dont need it.

Bunny
01-05-2007, 03:45 PM

Should have studied then

I've tried studying, it only makes my grades worse. I get everything confused.

Tests are only a certain percentage of your grade. If you fail because of them, it means you are getting bad grades elsewhere, like your homework or other assignments. If you get grounded for bad grades, you have only yourself to blame. Not your father, who is simply trying to teach you the value of doing well in school. You'll thank him someday, hopefully.

A year ago I took a trip that was supposed to be good for one of my relationships with a person who I had allowed to grow close to me, something that has happened only three or four times in my entire life. The events that took place before, during, and even after, however, ended up being the catalyst in the end of our relationship and friendship. However, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as it allowed me to further my knowledge about who I am and what I want, as well as move on, change myself, and even start anew.

I'm not sure if that was very topical.

Quindiana Jones
01-05-2007, 03:53 PM
The chances of a buttered slice of bread landing on a carpet buttered-side-down is directly proportional to the price of the carpet. :cool:

That's so true. I find that if I drop buttered bread when standing above something I really don't want to/know I shouldn't get dirty, I'll do something like drop to the floor to catch it. Really extreme measures.