PDA

View Full Version : Torchwood

Quindiana Jones
01-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Who watched it?

What did you think?

I missed a few episodes and, typically, they were key episodes. Damnit. But anyway, I loved the show, but the ending sucked ass. I think The Doctor should've made an appearance and saved the world.

Lost Number
01-04-2007, 08:58 PM
I watched it, because BBC3 only ever shows that around 3am. Absolutely rubbish and WAY too many welsh accents.

Psychotic
01-04-2007, 09:19 PM
It's just a bit too tacky to be an adult show, but all the swearing, sex and such makes it too inappropriate for kids. It's pretty lame, but John Barrowman always puts in a good performance as Captain Jack.

The ending was pretty crappy. Coming back from the dead after a kiss? Give me a fucking break.

Wuggly Blight
01-04-2007, 09:57 PM
What I hate is how it deminishes the Doctors role, now everyone time travels and knows all about these things, Its destoryed what the doctor is.

Madame Adequate
01-05-2007, 03:04 AM
I like Torchwood. But that episode with the dead invisible bloke was one of the :skull::skull::skull::skull:test things I've seen on TV in a long time.

As ever with Doctor Who stuff, there's a particle-of-the-week or some other deus ex machina or something darned close to it that saves everything with nada to zip in the way of explanation. That's been one of the main things I've always disliked about the show.

Starting to dislike Gwen quite a lot now. But I'm starting to really like Owen, so it's okay. Tosh and Ianto remain pretty okay, and Jack remains completely the most awesome thing ever and is the best argument the BBC has for keeping the licence fee.

Quindiana Jones
01-05-2007, 04:57 PM
I never really minded any of the crapness. But I agree with MR/S X when they say it totally destroyed the Doctor's amazingness. He's the Time Lord, I think he should been in the last episode.
Huxley Vannevar Hobbes is spot on with that invisible man episode. What the fuck? "Oh look, I died! But then I come back to life and save someone, and then die properly!". No. Just no.

Overall I liked the show, and tried to watch every episode. Failed, but tried all the same. No comparison to Doctor Who though. *ping!* *gets idea*

MJN SEIFER
01-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Torchwood

T o r c h w o o d

d o c T o r w h o

Doctor Who.

blim
01-06-2007, 02:13 AM
Torchwood

T o r c h w o o d

d o c T o r w h o

Doctor Who.

Oh yeah. How dumb am i not to have noticed that.

Anyway, i thought it was OK. Doctor who has always been, shall we say a touch on the corny side so thats ok. Right about the lame ending.