PDA

View Full Version : Les Choristes (The Chorus)

Rye
01-04-2007, 09:41 PM
We're watching this movie in Honors Choir for a nice restful few days before we start working on our Spring Concert line-up and... oh my god. This movie is fantastic so far (we're only 3/4s into it) It's a french movie (we're watching it with subtitles) about a teacher who comes to teach at a Correctional Boarding School in the 1940 and ends up making a chorus out of the boys, with not only a beautiful story so far, but such amazing music. I had a lump in my throat for half of the movie because of the singing, especially from the boy who plays Pierre. Fantastic soundtrack. Just download "Vois sur ton chemin" from it and hear for yourself, it was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Song.

Anyone else watch it?

Avarice-ness
01-04-2007, 09:44 PM
I havn't seen it, but I'll totally go after that soundtrack since you say it's good. :)

Parker
01-04-2007, 11:46 PM
I heard the OST when the film was first released, and Vois sur ton chemin is fantastic. I haven't got around to seeing the movie yet though.

It's nice to see someone mention it because I haven't heard any mention of it in a long time.

nik0tine
01-05-2007, 01:12 AM
I'm trying to download Vois sur ton chemin right this very moment.

Edit: Oh hell yes. This is awesome.

Double Edit: Yeah. That was totally badass.

Reles
01-05-2007, 01:37 AM
I've seen this movie. It was excellent, probably one of the best french films I've ever seen.

nik0tine
01-05-2007, 01:38 AM
Yeah, I just listened to that five times in a row. Going to see if I can find the whole soundtrack now. Thank you Rye. I am in your debt.

Rye
01-05-2007, 01:51 AM
Thanks! I'm glad so many other people find the music and the movie as beautiful as I did.

nik: I recommend "In memorium" or "Caresse sur l'ocean" as well on the soundtrack, though you're better of just getting the whole thing, since it is fantastic. "Les Choristes" is also good, it's a shorter version of Vois sur ton chemin, but with one of the boys (the music prodigy boy of the movie) singing solo over the others.

Chibi Youkai
01-05-2007, 01:59 AM
I saw it when I was taking French. I absolutely love it. The music is the best.