PDA

View Full Version : Star ocean till the end of time

LimitBreaker
01-05-2007, 12:14 AM
I know this game is old but its still cool, able to make weapon, and get to cook and etc.

So what kind of character you like in Star Ocean?
I like Peppita

Mirage
01-05-2007, 12:31 AM
Peppita is EWW EWW EWW EWW.

Nel and Albel are clearly better optional characters. Battle wise though, nothing beats Maria.

LunarWeaver
01-05-2007, 12:38 AM
I like Fayt coz his hair is blue.

CelestialStarDust
01-05-2007, 01:05 AM
i like maria cuz she kicks but in battle and with her attitude.(not to mention typing skills ;))

LimitBreaker
01-05-2007, 01:06 AM
I like Maria is just that shes slow.

atlanteay
01-05-2007, 02:14 AM
fayt. His hair is so cool xD blue pwns all :p

LimitBreaker
01-05-2007, 03:05 AM
My favorite attack on fayt is Demension Door

Jowy
01-05-2007, 03:33 AM
AIMING DEVICE
AIMING DEVICE
AIMING DEVICE

or

SIDE KICK AIR RAID

I like this game a whole lot. Too bad it starts to suck at the end of Disc 2. ;)

CelestialStarDust
01-05-2007, 04:03 AM
My favorite attack on fayt is Demension Door
ive got to admit though,that him saying it OVER AND OVER really gets on my nerves...maybe i should stop using it....NEVER

Mirage
01-05-2007, 04:36 AM
AIMING DEVICE
AIMING DEVICE
AIMING DEVICE

or

SIDE KICK AIR RAID

I like this game a whole lot. Too bad it starts to suck at the end of Disc 2. ;)

X RANGED ATTACK
X SCATTER BEAM
O ENERGY BURST
*battle over*

Air Raid is powerful, but links badly. I usually use it to create some chaos at the start of the fight, by having it on Long O

CelestialStarDust
01-05-2007, 04:43 AM
[QUOTE=Jowy;2053427]
Air Raid is powerful, but links badly. I usually use it to create some chaos at the start of the fight, by having it on Long O

i never use air raid.it never works for me.

Mirage
01-05-2007, 05:14 AM
Air Raid is really great for big, flying enemies.

CelestialStarDust
01-05-2007, 06:39 AM
never tried it...

Dreddz
01-05-2007, 08:57 PM
I liked Roger the most. SO3 still sucks though.

Black Mage
01-05-2007, 10:29 PM
I enjoyed Star Ocean 3 quite a bit. Not as much as when people state their opinions as if they're fact, though.

The obvious lame plot twist aside, there wasn't much I had a problem with.

My favorite character from the game was Maria Traydor. Both from a strictly out-of-battle and in-battle perspective.

Zeromus_X
01-05-2007, 11:13 PM
I really love SO3. It was the first tri-Ace game I played, and introduced me to their other games (which I also really enjoy!). Now you all are making me want to play it again...

As for favorite characters...well, I like all the characters. Each time I play through the game I try to use a different combination of characters, so I can get better with using each one. Out of battle, I really like Nel, Maria, and Albel quite alot, but I just really enjoy all the characters.

Peppita is EWW EWW EWW EWW.

Nel and Albel are clearly better optional characters. Battle wise though, nothing beats Maria.

But Mirage, Peppita has 500 attack power* at level one. Whereas most of your characters in the 30 range at the point you finally get her back in your party for a short time will probably have around 300 attack power. Peppita also has beastly battle skills for both HP and MP damage, and her counters and dance combos are the source of many setups for nigh-invulnerability. Peppita is also a speedy caster on top of that. So as annoying as you might think she is, she's arguably one of the best damage dealers besides Maria.

Well, enough of that.

*LONG RANGE X SIDESTEP SHOT*
*LONG RANGE X MAGNETIC FIELD*
*LONG RANGE O ENERGY BURST*

*LONG RANGE X ATTACK*
*SHORT RANGE X BLADE OF FURY*
*SHORT RANGE O AIR RAID*

I've never been a big fan of Dimension Door though. But I like Divine Blade for MP-ownage.

*With the Spike Shoes available at Moonbase when you recruit her for a temporary time, I forgot to add. >__<

Wolf Kanno
01-06-2007, 08:11 AM
What?!! No one has mentioned Cliff yet???!!! Fayt is only likable when he's working off Cliffs witty banter. So Clift for me.

CelestialStarDust
01-06-2007, 08:15 AM
What?!! No one has mentioned Cliff yet???!!! Fayt is only likable when he's working off Cliffs witty banter. So Clift for me.
cliff....was pretty dang cool.

LimitBreaker
01-07-2007, 12:12 AM
no one said anything about sophia

Zeromus_X
01-07-2007, 12:29 AM
Sophia has some great (if not ear-bleeding inducing) voice samples.

"Open the gateway to the sacred land, and let fly the arrow of justice down upon evil! Meteor Swarm!"

Clawsze
02-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Fayt is awesome, in or out of battle.
Short range X Blade of Fury+Short range O Side Kick PWNS ALLLLLLL!!!!
Then again, some people would not like my style of battling...

Mirage
02-02-2007, 07:21 PM
You can't cancel Sidekick back to Blade of Fury can you? That's why it isn't as good :p.

Zeromus_X
02-03-2007, 03:38 AM
Maybe if you cancel at the first slice of BoF? But, it doesn't sound like the best combo. I like Side Kick-> Side Kick chains for the nice window of invincibility. Or BoF-> Air Raid or Side Kick-> Air Raid, of course.

Clawsze
02-03-2007, 09:00 AM
You can't cancel Sidekick back to Blade of Fury can you? That's why it isn't as good :p.

You can, and I do. Do this about.....say 7 times in row and the cancel bonus does the rest.:D

Brandon Stroud
02-04-2007, 07:47 AM
SO3 has got to be one of my favorite rpg's to date.

As for specific characters, my preferred characters include Fate, Cliff, Albel and Adray.

Fate: Blade Reactor/BoF is a damn good starter. However, once you learn Dimension Door, Reflect Strike/Side Kick and Air Raid, you're as good as gold until picking up the Ethereal Blast. Set Reflect Strike to Short X and Short O, and either of the remaining two moves to Long O, depending on your preference. Short X -> Reflect Strike X -> Reflect Strike O -> Reflect Strike X... Works best when you can keep the enemy from guarding your initial X attack and stunning you.

Cliff: The superhuman MADMAN! Flash Chariot/Fists of Fury -> Acrobat Locus is the way to go. Use the Aerial Assault at Long O to break the enemy's guard, and dish out MP damage. Thereby setting you up for the Flash Chariot X -> Acrobat Locus O mauling of the century.

Albel: This dude sticks out not only because of such killer attacks as Dragon Roar, SouHazan/Double Slash and Mugen SouHazan/Double Slash of Fury... but also because of his sociopathic, survivalist personality. I mean, wow! Best ally ever... as long as you don't turn your back on him!

Adray: Emotion Torrent and Sirrocco. Need I say more?

Albel
02-04-2007, 11:27 PM
Go ALBEL
And yeah, when fayt learns those moves, he is just about unstoppable, even when he is by himself.

Mirage
02-04-2007, 11:46 PM

You can, and I do. Do this about.....say 7 times in row and the cancel bonus does the rest.:D
No, I meant the other way around. From Blade of Fury to Sidekick. I've never managed to cancel a Blade of Fury.

Zeromus_X
02-05-2007, 01:29 AM
You have to execute the next move right when you execute Blade of Fury's first sword strike (the upwards slash). If you do it fast enough, you can Cancel Bonus almost instantly. This is why Blade of Fury is excellent Cancel fodder (Normal Attack-> BoF-> Air Raid, for example).

You can see an example of this near the beginning of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygv9khKh374&mode=related&search=

(Disregard post if I misunderstood you).

Brandon Stroud
02-05-2007, 07:38 AM
Ooh! That'd be a nice little combo to try out.

Mirage
02-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Lol @ that guy.

Lynx
02-09-2007, 06:44 PM
cliff was awesome. his attacks were good and he was jsut funny and smart throughout the game.

fayts airblade was awesome. ethearl blast was a little slow though.

Brandon Stroud
02-09-2007, 07:23 PM
That being the reason why Ethereal Blast should always be set to Long O. That way, while your other two draw the attention of the enemy or keep them pinned (as is the case with Cliff trained to light it up with Flash Chariot), Fate can get to a safe distance and let loose.

Speaking of long distance games, if you got Fate's AI trained to start up with the Reflect Strike X -> Reflect Strike O combo, you can have Cliff do a similar X -> O repeater once you pick up his Max Shockwave

Yliette
02-12-2007, 02:54 AM
One quick question.

Which do yuo guys think is better? Star Ocean: The Second Story for the PSOne or Star Ocean: Till the End of Time?

Zeromus_X
02-12-2007, 02:57 AM
SO3 is better by miles, but you should still try out SO2 (if you can handle the atrocious voice acting).

Stunt
02-12-2007, 03:33 AM
I wish I could answer this thread, but I am yet to get the game. I want to get it much though, but even at $20 I can't. Got many things to get.

Clawsze
02-16-2007, 09:49 PM

No, I meant the other way around. From Blade of Fury to Sidekick. I've never managed to cancel a Blade of Fury.

Yeah, I do the first slice of BoF and then side kick etc...Plus they don't use much fury so you can get a few decent hits with them.

Yliette
02-18-2007, 12:03 AM
I've played and finished SO2 with both main characters and all other characters! :cool: And IMO the voice-acting's not bad. I never cringed. Well, maybe except for Leon's and Opera's. :eek:

I just can't find the time to play SO3. Is the gameplay still basically the same?

Ben
02-18-2007, 07:55 PM
Albel and Maria, rule. No matter what you guys say! And the first time my friend saw the name "Fayt" he thought it sad "Fat" LOL.

Yukki-Chan
02-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Reading this thread makes me want to go play SO3 again hehe. For me favourite characters are definatly Fayt, Peppita and Albel.

Zeromus_X
02-19-2007, 06:45 PM
I just can't find the time to play SO3. Is the gameplay still basically the same?

The gameplay is improved. Now there's this thing called a 'Fury' guage that's implemented- all attacks and Battle Skills cost a certain amount of Fury-which prevents button-mashing as the second game eventually devolved into. There are also 'Strong' and 'Weak' attacks. Weak attacks are fast attacks, but can be guarded by a target with 100% Fury, and Strong attacks are slow, but powerful, and can break Fury Shields. You can set Battle Skills to the Strong and Weak slots at short or long range, and you have two other slots for equipping Support Battle Skills.

TyphoonThaReapa
02-20-2007, 07:53 PM
A'yo, I love the battle system. It's exactly as the last post said. But the storyline is very strange ya' heard me.

Laddy
02-20-2007, 10:28 PM
I like this game, but the characters are kind of dull, and the Battle System could be deeper, otherwise, I like it a lot.

Rostum
02-20-2007, 10:41 PM
Maybe it's because I'm stuck in the MMORPG world, but this game (when played recently) was extremely hard for me to get into. I don't know why...

A lot of the story and dialogue felt like it was made up on spot, as they were making the game. Kind of lame. =\

But other than that, it's a decent and well made game for the most part.

The Mog Ninja
03-04-2007, 12:33 PM
i really enjoyed it :)