PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who

Quindiana Jones
01-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Who saw the Christmas special?

That sucked bad. Partly because I hate Catherine Tate. But I do love the Doctor programs, and am looking forward to the new series. My favourite episodes are Christopher Eccleston's wartime double one, with the "Are you my mummy?" horror, and the Madame De Pompadour epsiode. The latter being my favourite of all time.

What do you think of the recent Doctor Who series? Did you prefer Eccleston to Tennant? In fact, who was your favourite Doctor, and from what part was he from?

fantasyjunkie
01-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Tom Baker FTW! :)

Psychotic
01-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Eccleston and Tennant are equals, and I think you're spot on about The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances and The Girl in the Fireplace being their finest episodes respectively.

The Runaway Bride was alright, and despite my dislike for Catherine Tate, I thought she wasn't half bad. It seems that the Doctor being frightening, possibly even having a dark side to him could be a theme for series 3. One thing I did not like was in the trailer for series 3: A fucking Dalek. Oh just stop. Please. We get it, you think they're a massive draw, but stop compromising the integrity of the entire show just because you think it'll get more of an audience. Because of the way Daleks have been popping up left, right and center, it makes the sacrifice of the Time Lords completely worthless. Hell, might as well bring them back too.