PDA

View Full Version : Telekinesis

Dynast-Kid
01-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Can someone tell me how this technick works?

I have Reddas in my party as a guest, and am taking advantage of this by doing all the tough hunts and Esper battles while he's in my party, and he has a gambit set for Telekinesis. We all know that Telekinesis let's close range weapons hit flying enemies, but don't understand how it works. Let's say we're fighting a Zu in Ozmone Plains. Reddas will continually spam Telekinesis while my two physical fighters try to hit the Zu (and not dealing any damage), while my long-range fighter is shooting at the foe. Instead of casting it once, he'll cast it over and over again and it does no apparnet good.

So, back ot the question, how does this technick work!?

MisterPoe
01-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Telekinesis is a 'one-shot' only tech and has no lasting effect. It allows a melee fighter to hit something at range as if their sword was instead a gun or bow. It does not ground or bind an enemy so that others can do the same. IE: If you would like ALL of your characters to hit a flyer with their melee weapons, then they must ALL use telekinesis.... repeatedly.

Mirage
01-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Yes. Each Telekinesis attack is one ranged attack based on the attack power of your equipped weapon. Therefore it is best to just set a gambit for it instead of selecting it manually, as it would get about as tiring as manually initiating every regular attack.

ValiantKnight
01-05-2007, 08:10 PM
And before you ask, :) Telekinesis, if you don't have it for your party, is available pretty late into the game(ok you could go there early), in a secret shop :)
You are probably at the point where the shop sells it though.

Drex
01-05-2007, 08:14 PM
The gambit I had set up for flying enemies prior to having access to Telekinesis was 1000 needles. At the levels you're typically at before Telekinesis, it gets the job done. I've always got Foe: Flying>Telekinesis set up ahead of my normal attacks for my melee characters' gambits now, though.

Renmiri
01-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Horology does the job pretty well at low levels, till you get 1,000 needles. If you are getting low hits with Horology switch to Numerology. The first works best against occasional fliers, the second works well when fliers is all you see :D

Telekinesis.. Do you get that in that Baknamy shop where you get Ethers ?

Northcrest
01-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Telekinesis is a 'one-shot' only tech and has no lasting effect. It allows a melee fighter to hit something at range as if their sword was instead a gun or bow. It does not ground or bind an enemy so that others can do the same. IE: If you would like ALL of your characters to hit a flyer with their melee weapons, then they must ALL use telekinesis.... repeatedly.

Ditto

Dynast-Kid
01-05-2007, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the help guys.

Telekinesis.. Do you get that in that Baknamy shop where you get Ethers ?

That's where I bought it, but I believe other shops sell it.

Ouch!
01-05-2007, 11:35 PM
I'm almost entirely sure that Telekinesis is exclusive to the Baknamy shop.

Dynast-Kid
01-05-2007, 11:55 PM
I'm almost entirely sure that Telekinesis is exclusive to the Baknamy shop.

Okay then. Disregard what I said earlier.