PDA

View Full Version : From Super Mario party to... This!?

tidus_rox
01-06-2007, 05:24 AM
VERY LONG STORY short;;

I got FFX for xmas (about 3 years ago) and fell i love with the serise. My friend is a die hard nintendo fan. He plays mario and such. The most story line he has ever got froma game is Twilight Princess. He hates voice acting and RPG's. After bugging him for about and hour (why didnt i do this before?) he accpeted to borrow the game from me.

What do you think he will think? Even though he hates everything about the game, (although he sounded happy about this whole thing) do you think that X will pull it off? Can it appeal to the non RPG-er?

Thoughts or comments...

Thanks,

Cody

N8V_Tidus25
01-06-2007, 05:36 AM
It did to me, I never really cared for Final Fantasy before, I was more into sports games, violent war games, secret detective games, mystery solving games, resident evil games but WAM! my cousin hits me with Final Fantasy X and I'm thinkin "what a queer, leave me alone" and I never really played it, I would leave, play basketball come home and one day, any normal cloudy day after a rainy game of basketball I came home and saw that it was turned on and nobody was playing, and I was bored so I thought "I suppose it couldn't hurt" and because I love sight-seeing so much this game is one of my favorites ever and the story line is a beautiful thing as well, wasn't my kind of game but I like it.

tidus_rox
01-06-2007, 05:53 AM
Sweet... I hope it does that to him. I just asked him and he said from what he has seen he thinks that he will play it till the end but then just give it back to me and never play it again... lol but that is alright to me...

Renmiri
01-06-2007, 03:52 PM
FFX has one of the best, most exciting game starts ever so IMHO he will be hooked right away and play it for a while. He might drop it when the story starts to drag on, after Macalania...

lufia
01-06-2007, 06:42 PM
my bro dropped the game after maclania even tho he is a fan of ff. Lent this game to my friend who never played any final fantasy games and he loved it :mog:

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
01-06-2007, 07:47 PM
i think ur friend will love ff provided he already hasn't got an RPG addiction. i think people are fiercely loyal to the games they choose. try to get him to play sonic the hedgehog and you'll see :D

btw, sonic kicks mario all over, period!

Renmiri
01-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Never!

Supermario FTW

Kanshisha
01-06-2007, 09:28 PM
i got a same experience but on FF8....i liked RPG's because of squalls gun blade...im sure he'll enjoy it and get addicted its real easy to get used to FF games from I to FF X-2

Goldenboko
01-06-2007, 09:58 PM
VERY LONG STORY short;;

I got FFX for xmas (about 3 years ago) and fell i love with the serise. My friend is a die hard nintendo fan. He plays mario and such. The most story line he has ever got froma game is Twilight Princess. He hates voice acting and RPG's. After bugging him for about and hour (why didnt i do this before?) he accpeted to borrow the game from me.

What do you think he will think? Even though he hates everything about the game, (although he sounded happy about this whole thing) do you think that X will pull it off? Can it appeal to the non RPG-er?

Thoughts or comments...

Thanks,

Cody

You should've lent him an original, they appeal more to Nintendo fans...

I say yes, he probably will like it, because my friend is a die hard Nintendo fan and he plays FFs.... althoug he plays the originals...

Northcrest
01-07-2007, 04:29 AM
Yes because I idolize Mario and Nintendo but when my friend entroduced me to FFX I was like in heaven but I have a hard choice to choose from Final Fantasy and Nintendo.

N8V_Tidus25
01-07-2007, 04:58 AM
i think ur friend will love ff provided he already hasn't got an RPG addiction. i think people are fiercely loyal to the games they choose. try to get him to play sonic the hedgehog and you'll see :D

btw, sonic kicks mario all over, period!

You have to be kidding, Super Mario 64 will be the greatest game ever of all time! that's just me, I grew up with Mario:D

tidus_rox
01-07-2007, 07:43 AM
lol he played it and this is what he thought. *Turns to him and asks him* (yeah we are always hanging out lol)

well, I thought this was funny so I will just put the whole conversation...

Me; So, what did you thinkg of X?

Jesse (J): Um... what? *preocupied with his Kirby DS game*

ME: X, what did you think of it...

J: What do you mean?
Me: Out of ten what would you give it *chuckles* HA! rating X out of ten.

J: *silence*

Me; HELLO! HELLLLOOOO JESSE!!!!!!!!!!!

J: What?

Me: WHAT DO YOU GUVE X OUT OF TEN!

J: *silence*

Me: I am going to whip something at your head! *throws this random ruler at him... *

J: Ow... Um.. I would give it 4.

Me: A 4!?

J: Yeah... Its basically cuz I had already seen all of that stuff (we made it to the boat in Besaid)

Me: mmmm...

I think he is liking it! :D:D

N8V_Tidus25
01-07-2007, 07:58 AM
Denial! as I was when I was asked the same questions, he loves it.:D

tidus_rox
01-14-2007, 12:20 AM
At school, just today, my friend Jesse came out with the words "Final Fantasy is the best serise ever" i almost dropped dead...