PDA

View Full Version : Unraveling the Empire

Gabranth
01-06-2007, 07:41 AM
on the back of my FFXII case, the first line says: Discover the secret that will unravel an empire.....can anybody pinpoint what that secret is? i'm at the pharos, does it explain in there?

N8V_Tidus25
01-06-2007, 07:56 AM
I'd like to know myself, this game is so confusing the way they talk, I beat the game and I still havnt been to about 4 or 5 lands of ivalice, this game lost me along time ago all I know is balthier is now my favorite character for being heroic. As far as I know the secret may have to do with the Nethicite I could be wrong

Renmiri
01-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Nethicite

here is a summary of the plot

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=99809

Wolf Kanno
01-07-2007, 07:28 AM
I would say it's most likely referring to the Dynast King's empire. The secret of how he appeared and had the power (nethicite) to conquer the lands and create his kingdom.

Drex
01-07-2007, 07:49 AM
Thing is that much of that knowledge was commonly known. A secret that could bring down the empire would be something not commonly known. This leads me to believe (and I haven't finished the game yet, so I can't be sure) that it does have something to do with the Occuria. A big piece of it could be the idea of manufacted nethicite being used to fight even the gods (occuria), as that seems to have been Doctor Cid and Venat's plan all along. But again, I'm not done yet, so I can't be sure, and it's all speculation. I'll get back to you in a week or so. I'm sure I'll beat it by then.

Wolf Kanno
01-07-2007, 07:58 AM
Good point, I didn't think of it that way but it makes perfect sense.

Gabranth
01-07-2007, 08:29 AM
yeah that's exactly what i was thinking...it can't be nethicite, everybody knows about it.

Lynx
01-07-2007, 09:18 AM
i think the secret is more of the manufactured nethecite and the vyrall or whatever theyre called (those arrow head looking things). and how they seem to have control or atleast influence over certain members of the empire.

Renmiri
01-07-2007, 02:50 PM
The Occuria. Venat, a renegade Occuria seems to be the only one doing the controling of humans.

Everyone knows the Gods helped King Raythwall but no one knows about Nethicite and it's powers. Not even what Nethicite is and that it exists. Before "Lamont" mentioned nethicite and even after, Ashe only wanted the Dawn Shard to prove she had royal blood.

Moon Rabbits
01-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Spoiler tags for the love of Jesus H. Christ.

BustaMo
01-10-2007, 06:31 PM
I'd just say, wait til you get to the end of the game and fight some of the final bosses. Take a look back at all that makes sense: Occuria and their past connections with Raithwall, the end of Raithwall's reign in bloodline, the take over of House Solidor, the conenction of Venat and the Occuria, Venat and Dr. Cid, Dr Cid and Vayne, the Judges and their fates...

joshua2412
01-10-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm pretty sure its the nethicite...

Nobody really knows anything about it (certainly not Vaan and Penelo) until the Lhusu mines.

Larsa explains it to them, and then we of course see what it can do in battle...

BustaMo
01-11-2007, 03:45 AM
Indeed, Nethocite is the key here. The Sun-Cryst plays a huge role in unravleing what started everything and by the end of the Pharos, you'll catch a glimpse of that.

The Sun-Cryst is probably the most important and coveted source which (produces?) the deifacted nethicite. The Occuria whore over it, as well as the main baddies in the game which I'm sure those of you who have played enough into, will know who I am referring to without giving it away for the rest.