PDA

View Full Version : Just hit 200 hours of playing!!

chrisguapo69
01-06-2007, 09:00 AM
200 hours of playing FFXII!! I've also begun playing FFX. I'm at the part where Yuna starts dancing across the water at Kilika. Very pretty scenes so far compared to FFXII. The battle I wish had gambits and didn't have to go through that annoying battle scene but it's alright. And Valefor rocks! I can't wait to get the other Aeon's.

Dreddz
01-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Ive put in around 90 hours into the game and feel like Ive done enough, I wonder how you racked up another 110 hours, cause not even the super bosses ( if you can call them that ) require you to play for that long.

Renmiri
01-06-2007, 03:33 PM
I have more than 200 hours too but not actual playtime. With my 3 kids running around the house I have to leave the playstation unnatended a lot (plus my 2 oldest like to roam around killing fiends on XII :D ) so I'd say actual playtime is around half of it.

You can clock a lot of hours looking for the darn Fafnir, Lyndwyrm, Deathgaze, etc... Sneaky SOBs they are! :(

ValiantKnight
01-06-2007, 04:03 PM
You can also clock a lot of hours just killing some of the optional superbosses.

Drex
01-06-2007, 04:08 PM
And rare loot hunting. :(

chrisguapo69
01-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Ive put in around 90 hours into the game and feel like Ive done enough, I wonder how you racked up another 110 hours, cause not even the super bosses ( if you can call them that ) require you to play for that long.

Well, I never played with the book until I got stuck for 4 days (about 6 hours/day wasted) at that Gigas Gate. I never knew that Belias had to open it. Also that 1st Demon Wall took me forever to beat, I didn't know either that you can just run to the end and beat the 2nd wall to continue the game. But I finished the game at 122 hours after getting the book. And trying to get all the good weapons takes soo much time. Like for example getting the Sagittarius, just trying to get the Sagittarius gem from the Hecteyes takes so long. I think 1 gem drops after killing maybe more than 40 of them and you need to get 4 gems.

The Ultima blade took me about 20 tries until it showed up at the Pharos.

I'm working on both the Tournesol and that Serpentarius is hard to come by. Got 2 already and need 1 more.

The Stoneblade took maybe 15 times for me to reload the game until I got it. And where the Stoneblade is found, you can't get there that easily.

I'm done with all the hunts, except Yiazamat and also Omega Mark II. Done with all the side quests, got a good number of trophies to the hunt club.

So I'm basically done a good chunk of the game. I've got an extra 1,424,556 Gil that I don't have use for. And there's more with the loot that I haven't sold from all this weapon searching. That's why I'm now playing FFX. :D

Edit: Out of curiosity, I sold all my loot and I have a whopping 1,985,595 Gil. I didn't save the game though.

chrisguapo69
01-06-2007, 05:01 PM
You can clock a lot of hours looking for the darn Fafnir, Lyndwyrm, Deathgaze, etc... Sneaky SOBs they are! :(

Here's the 100% surefire way to get Fafnir to show up in one shot! Just follow what Dell said on the 2nd post.

But if you want to get the Durandal (one handed sword), don't kill Fafnir just yet or else there will be no blizzard anymore and you can't get the Leshach Halycon from the Leshach Entite which only appears during blizzards.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=98383&highlight=fafnir

Goldenboko
01-06-2007, 07:23 PM
You can also rack up alot of hours by playing it when your not suppose to, then when your parents call you angry to do chores, you turn off the TV with the game on pause and claim you where finishing your homework... it can be left on for 3 hours that way....

Did I just say that...

...oops.

ValiantKnight
01-06-2007, 07:45 PM
If i remember correctly, time stand stills on pauses.
But it could be bad memory.

I know it didnt stand still in FFX tho

Goldenboko
01-06-2007, 07:48 PM
If i remember correctly, time stand stills on pauses.
But it could be bad memory.

I know it didnt stand still in FFX tho

Sometimes you don't have time to pause :P

Renmiri
01-06-2007, 09:20 PM

Same here.

And darn it, I just killed Fafnir without having killed the 2 Leschach entites. Now my bestiary will be incomplete :mad:

skillzboy4
01-06-2007, 09:23 PM
I stopped playing FXII at 130 hours and never going to play it again because i finished everything and the game was horrible except for gameplay. im also playing FFX and realizing how good this game was compared to FFXII and revitalizing my faith for sqaure-enix.

Renmiri
01-06-2007, 09:33 PM
I stopped playing FXII at 130 hours and never going to play it again because i finished everything and the game was horrible except for gameplay. im also playing FFX and realizing how good this game was compared to FFXII and revitalizing my faith for sqaure-enix.

QFT :love: :love: :love:

Aye, haven't finished but already feel the same!

Tavrobel
01-06-2007, 09:43 PM
People can actually stack NOT watching the cutscenes and leaving the PS2 on in FFX and save, and somehow wind up with >200 hours? Impressive! I can't actually believe that people haven't shot themselves in the eye from the sheer boredom that oozes from every inch of FFXII.

Roto13
01-06-2007, 10:18 PM
*sigh* I guess we'll always have the whiners for every great game.

ValiantKnight
01-07-2007, 12:33 AM

Same here.

And darn it, I just killed Fafnir without having killed the 2 Leschach entites. Now my bestiary will be incomplete :mad:

You could always start from a previous save and try him again... but I doubt the fight was fun?

However Fafnir was one of the more challenging and much Longer marks for me to kill, along with Behemoth King(whom was even longer and even stronger).

By the way, Behemoth King is huge :)
and I'm up to 105 hours now.

Tavrobel
01-07-2007, 12:52 AM
*sigh* I guess we'll always have the whiners for every great game.

You know, it's just as easy for me to whine about FFVI, but no one seems to catch me on that one.

Drex
01-07-2007, 01:16 AM
There's a way to get the blizzard to appear and consequently the Leschach Entites, Renmiri. I don't remember what the best area to do it was, but I'll take a look and get back to you. I know it's been done because you're not the first to lose the easy way.

Renmiri
01-07-2007, 01:29 AM
There's a way to get the blizzard to appear and consequently the Leschach Entites, Renmiri. I don't remember what the best area to do it was, but I'll take a look and get back to you. I know it's been done because you're not the first to lose the easy way.

Weeeee! Thanks! :D

..Fafnir was one of the more challenging and much Longer marks for me to kill, along with Behemoth King(whom was even longer and even stronger).

By the way, Behemoth King is huge :)
and I'm up to 105 hours now.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Used up 97 of my Phoenix Downs with Fafnir AND most of my gil to cast magic after I ran out of Ethers. Not a fun fight at all.

Good thing I got a Sky Pirate's Den statue for it :D

Drex
01-07-2007, 04:09 AM
That may be the case, but I've never actually read something concrete on that as I did on the sandstorms in the Westersand. What I did was go into Paramina Rift via the Feywood. Just keep going into the map until there's a blizzard. Leshach Entite spawns like clockwork there during a Blizzard, as well as the map to the left of that.

Also, there's a trick to Fafnir - if you use the rock in the SW side of the map, he can't get past a certain point and can only attack you with spells. Getting rid of his physical attacks takes a huge amount of the damage off, and it's just a matter of time to take him down. You can compound that with Reflectga and an Opal Ring or two on your healers, and he can barely touch you. I didn't use any Phoenix Downs. :p

Gabranth
01-07-2007, 08:33 AM
i think i'm on about 76 hours of the game...for some reason, XII seemed extremely short. and then i loaded my FFX game and i had 75 hours on it, right before fighting sin. i still have like 12 hunts to go on XII and a lot of other sidequests. did XII seem short to anybody else, or was i just playing it waaaaay too much at once?

chrisguapo69
01-07-2007, 02:26 PM
You probably played it just about right. If I had used the book from the very beginning I could have probably saved myself a good 100 hours.

It took me about a week (about 4 hours/day) of leveling up and getting the best equipment to beat the first Demon wall. If I had only known that there was a 2nd wall I would've gone that route first.

Also, is there a way of knowing that Belias was the only one that can open the Gigas gate without using the book?? I got stuck there for 4 days running throughout the entire map wondering where I had to go to advance. That's when I called it quits and bought the book.

On the side note, Fafnir was a piece of cake for me. I killed the Shadowseer and Behemoth King before I was able to figure out how to make Fafnir show up. When he did show up, he was minced meat! LOL.

Renmiri
01-07-2007, 02:34 PM
FFXII does seem short because NOTHING HAPPENS, the story is pretty much the same throughout: Vayne is an SOB, Nethicite is evil, yadda, yadda, yadda... The unexpected twists and turns on the X plot make it seem longer.

But the hunts are looong!

Txs for the hints Drex! You are an angel! :D

Bummer, I spent ages getting rid of Fafnir because I didn't know the trick you mentioned!

Roto13
01-07-2007, 04:33 PM
FFXII does seem short because NOTHING HAPPENS, the story is pretty much the same throughout: Vayne is an SOB, Nethicite is evil, yadda, yadda, yadda... The unexpected twists and turns on the X plot make it seem longer.

No, the general boringness of X makes it seem longer. ;P

Avarice-ness
01-07-2007, 05:42 PM
I had just hit about 12 hours of playing and then I stopped. First off because it's too MMO for me so I was playing it like an MMO which meant, leveling wasn't my friend. I still don't know what was going on in the story I'm just kind of following what they tell me to do like I did in FFI and I still don't know what goes on in FFI even after I beat Chaos.
This one even after 12 hours couldn't hold my attention. Besides the fact I was underleveled I kept having the urge to find a keyboard and talk to people during my boredom times.

Then I had to realize that I couldn't. :(

Maybe I'll pick it back up and play it again. After the first week of Feburary, you know, FFVIA and all. Atleast that one's held my attention for 13 years. :razz:

Renmiri
01-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Hihi! One more vote for FFXII is boring. Take that roto! < raspberry >

:love: X still rules :love:

Dynast-Kid
01-07-2007, 06:14 PM
FFXII > FFX

Lynx
01-07-2007, 10:11 PM
i have 85 hours into the game 7 espers left and 7 hunts left then im satisfied.

by the way XII is ten times better then X

Renmiri
01-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Never!!!!!!!!!

Although Basch is cutter than Auron :D

chrisguapo69
01-09-2007, 03:18 PM
To tell you the truth, the storyline was boring. The fun part is getting all the cool weapons, finishing off the hunts and sidequests and murdering the Espers.

Why are the Espers so sissy like as compared to the Aeons in FFX?? The Aeons kick arse!!

I'm already at the part where I'm battling Seymour at the side of a mountain. The storyline is way better too!

Ogrius
01-09-2007, 07:41 PM
It's easy to rack up senseless hours. I am currently at 52 hours and I just got the Sword of Kings. I know I am going slow time wise, but I commonly get phone calls and such while playing and sit there in town talking on the phone. Alos, I tend to spend a long time racking up gil b/c I refuse to sell any old gear and will be the guy trying to get 99 of every weapon in the game in the end just for kicks.

BustaMo
01-09-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm at about 104 hours and I've already had the game beat for quite some time now. I'm working on getting Chaos, Ultima, and Zodiark, and I have 5 more hunts to do. Then last of all, Omega. Fun stuff. I can see maybe 180 hours at most being logged in for me to complete it 100%

Cruise Control
01-09-2007, 08:47 PM
You know, it's just as easy for me to whine about FFVI, but no one seems to catch me on that one.There's nothing to catch, it's just lame.

10>12>6

Lexy
01-13-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm at about 197 hours, and done with pretty much everything- this game was so insanely fun I just took my time and tried (and am still trying!) to make it last as long as possible! I didn't use a guide and only looked stuff up online about 5 times or so when I really got stuck on something, so that naturally means lots more hours dicking around and doing stuff the slow way.
Also, FFXII's story may be a bit simple and straightforward, and boring and unclear at times (though I was ultimately won over in the end), but the game is still an amazing game because, unlike some other FF's with more interesting stories, FFXII is actually fun to play! A novel idea, I know, but video games, being games after all, should first and foremost be fun to play. If I want a great story I will watch a great movie or read a good book; FFXII is awesome because the gameplay is really fun.

Dell
01-14-2007, 09:05 AM
180+ Hours.

The only thing I need to do is to beat Yiazmat, Omega Mk. XII, Earth Tyrant and getting Durandal, Yagyu Darkblade, Danjuro, Wyrmhero Blade, Zodiac Spear.

FFXII >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>^9999999999999999 FFX.

Renmiri
01-14-2007, 03:56 PM
FFXII >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>^9999999999999999 FFX.

Forgive him Yevon, he knows not of what he speaks... :p

1,000 hours here

I left it on w/o pause for more than 3 days :mad:

ValiantKnight
01-14-2007, 04:35 PM
180+ Hours.

The only thing I need to do is to beat Yiazmat, Omega Mk. XII, Earth Tyrant and getting Durandal, Yagyu Darkblade, Danjuro, Wyrmhero Blade, Zodiac Spear.

If you're that far in and havent killed Earth Tyrant, if he is the boss I am thinking of.... then you will completely and utterly destroy him in about 30 seconds :) maybe even 15

130hrs now for myself. Have the final hunt to do, and the one in the subterra deep down to do. Otherwise just getting weapons/leveling up still while playing around for bestiary/other things. I didn't like the subterra at 55, so I should be ok going back at 70, which I'll probably do soon.

Anyone else notice this game has lots of wyrm/dragon monsters?

BustaMo
01-15-2007, 04:58 AM
I'm at Subterra now and even at level 70-80 it can be challenging when 5-6 enemies try to swarm you from all directions. I just need to face Seer and Hell Wyrm, then I can take on Yiazmat.

chrisguapo69
01-15-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm at 247 hours now, beat Omega Mark II, beat Yiazmat, beat everything!! 100 percent done deal! Yiazmat took 16 hours for me to friggin kill! But I took about 20 minute rests after an hour and went out for groceries and a couple errands, ate 3 meals, took potty breaks, etc. Started 8am yesterday and finished 8pm last night.

Now what do I do with this Wyrmhero blade and over 3 million gil??

Renmiri
01-15-2007, 03:58 PM
3 million gil ? Use Turtleneck Choker to cast magick with Gil :D

chrisguapo69
01-15-2007, 04:19 PM
3 million gil ? Use Turtleneck Choker to cast magick with Gil :D

That's what I've been doing! Still, nothing seems to put a hole in my bank account! lol

ValiantKnight
01-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Hmm must find this turtleneck choker, but still need to buy a few things.
The urn and the sunflower put holes in my bank account.

Renmiri
01-15-2007, 08:10 PM
Hmm must find this turtleneck choker, but still need to buy a few things.
The urn and the sunflower put holes in my bank account.

Bhujerba plaza, that street vendor near the Moogle with a mark :D

TyphoonThaReapa
01-16-2007, 05:05 PM
200 hours of playing FFXII!! I've also begun playing FFX. I'm at the part where Yuna starts dancing across the water at Kilika. Very pretty scenes so far compared to FFXII. The battle I wish had gambits and didn't have to go through that annoying battle scene but it's alright. And Valefor rocks! I can't wait to get the other Aeon's.

A'yo, I admire your courage for hitting 200 hours of playing one of the stupidest FF's I have ever played. Me personal, I find this one so bad, I didn't even bother to end it. It's just too easy and the storyline sucks. But still, good job.

P.S this game still suck.:cool:

ValiantKnight
01-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Vague and general explanation there...
Easy can vary a good bit according to your levels.... and whether active or wait is on, and battle speed.
If you want more challenge, put it to maximum battle speed, and active, then beat the game no higher than 40?

Should provide some fun for a while :)

hplvr
01-16-2007, 10:44 PM
im at.... 160 i think, and im still playing and im completing the bestiary, which is taking forever...... and i still havent beaten Yiazmat and Omega Mark XII

Holy Lancer
02-22-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm at 80 hours in FFXII and I have a 90 hour in FFX, I also have a 70 hour in FFIX.

Pathfinder
02-23-2007, 05:32 AM
Although Basch is cutter than Auron :D[/quote]
NOOOOO....auron is WAYYYYYY(times infinite)cutter and cooler than auron...basch looks like a sissy girl in his shorts

Holy Lancer
02-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Although Basch is cutter than Auron :D

NOOOOO....auron is WAYYYYYY(times infinite)cutter and cooler than auron...basch looks like a sissy girl in his shorts

Rofl, Auron's sunglasses alone can make Basch pee in his pants.

Renmiri
02-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Not Basch!

His whiny brother perhaps, but not him!

Setzer Gabianni
02-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Basch > Auron. JUST.

*lolathtehaters*

Renmiri
02-24-2007, 02:22 PM
See Setzer, I do like FFXII every once in a while ;)

Basch is cuter than Tidus :D:D:D

Setzer Gabianni
02-25-2007, 09:11 AM
<3 BIGGER PIC PLZ RENMIRI