PDA

View Full Version : Questions Help Please

MustangCobraSVT
01-06-2007, 05:41 PM
I just started FF6 about 20 game hours ago and i can easily see why people think it is the best FF out there. I had a couple questions that hopefully someone here can help me out with. I dont understand what some off the attributes do. Like Vigor, etc. Can anyone explain to me what they all do. Also i have the Atma sword and was wondering if im correct in assuming that it does damage based on the charecters HP. Can anyone confirm this? Also i have the assasin dagger and was wondering how it works. Does it randomly kill an enemy, sometimes it does that but sometimes it will kill the enemy but the enemy will then come back to life. Thanks for all the help.

Tempest
01-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Vigor effects the characters attack, so the higher it is the more damage they'll do with weapons. Magic effects magic, obviously. The higher the number, the more hp healing magic will recover and more damage attack magic will do. Speed effects how fast the ATB bar fills up. Stamina, as far as I'm concerned does absolutely nothing. It's supposedly increases the max hp more when a character levels up but, I never notice the difference.

Yes, the Atma weapon is based off the characters hp. The higher the hp the higher the damage.

The Assassin weapon does randomly dispatch a monster, however, if the monster is undead it won't be effected. That's why sometimes the monster disappear and then reappear.

MustangCobraSVT
01-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Thank you very much for the help, that clears alot up.

Roto13
01-06-2007, 06:42 PM
I think undead monsters are actually completely healed by auto dispatch.

ljkkjlcm9
01-06-2007, 06:49 PM
BTW, Magic Power affects certain people's special skill, most notably Sabin's Blitz... so if you want to make Blitz stronger, raise his Magic Power, not Vigor.

THE JACKEL

Goldenboko
01-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Stamina, as far as I'm concerned does absolutely nothing. It's supposedly increases the max hp more when a character levels up but, I never notice the difference.

Stamina affects how much HP is recovered by the Tintibar (forgot how it's spelt)

forgotten_fantasy
01-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Does magic power effect all of sabin's blitzes? Or just some of them?

Mirage
01-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Stamina also boosts the HP growth at levelup, but not enough to make it worth boosting it. Also, word is that the Vigor stat doesn't really work.

And yes, undead monsters are completely healed when auto-dispatched.

While we're at it, you should know that the "evade %" stat doesn't work. A bug in the game makes physical evasion based on your magical evasion (mdef % or mblock %, don't remember).

Siegfried
01-16-2007, 02:48 AM
I dont know, i always give Gogo two zephyr capes and a lot of evasion gear and he dodges regualr attacks like a made man

Flying Mullet
01-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Then me must be getting a lot of M Evade % with those items, becuase Evade % is broken and does absolutely nothing in the game.

NeoCracker
01-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Sabins Pummel and Suplex are based of Vigor I believe. The rest are bassed off his magic score.

Samickas
01-28-2007, 11:10 AM
I just started FF6 about 20 game hours ago and i can easily see why people think it is the best FF out there. I had a couple questions that hopefully someone here can help me out with. I dont understand what some off the attributes do. Like Vigor, etc. Can anyone explain to me what they all do. Also i have the Atma sword and was wondering if im correct in assuming that it does damage based on the charecters HP. Can anyone confirm this? Also i have the assasin dagger and was wondering how it works. Does it randomly kill an enemy, sometimes it does that but sometimes it will kill the enemy but the enemy will then come back to life. Thanks for all the help.
If you hit with an assasin dagger on a undead creature it will come back"""""""""""""

Sabins Pummel and Suplex are based of Vigor I believe. The rest are bassed off his magic score.
Bum's rush is also based on vigor

Please don't double-post, use the edit/delete button instead.

~Void