PDA

View Full Version : =D

Eiko Guy
01-06-2007, 09:27 PM
So what is something that you love to have in your games. somethinng that makes it complete. For me its weapon variety. I don't want just swords and daggers give us some whips, boomerangs, heck even a yoyo or something.
What about you

Jowy
01-06-2007, 10:23 PM
I like when games have bad voice acting.

Araciel
01-06-2007, 10:27 PM
so-called "rpg" elements, levelling up, weapon upgrades, customization, etc.

Eiko Guy
01-06-2007, 10:29 PM
noo like something thats not always there but when it is you love it. i looove differenttype of weapons cuz yhey arent normal

Roto13
01-06-2007, 11:35 PM
Controlling time when it's done right, like in Viewtiful Joe and the PoP Sands of Time trilogy. Not when it's done wrong like Enter the Matrix. >_>

Araciel
01-06-2007, 11:37 PM
noo like something thats not always there but when it is you love it. i looove differenttype of weapons cuz yhey arent normal

o in that case: minigames that are actually better than the game you're playing

Laddy
01-06-2007, 11:57 PM
Good minigames, characters who are cool, but not badass (Valygar Corthala, I salute you!) No badasses (Somebody who is tough and cool, but in an unemotional unrealistic sense is a badass.) Oh, oh, AND more ragdolls and epic bosses and battle systems. (Kingdom Hearts 2, for example.)

LunarWeaver
01-07-2007, 12:00 AM
A good New Game + system set up to keep you playing again and again like the Tales' GRADE shop and don't just make you some uber god like in the Chrono games.

When the soundtrack is good, I enjoy it when they let you listen to it somewhere or another. The Baten Kaitos games let you listen to any song at any time in your main menu, and that was a nice touch to things.

JKTrix
01-07-2007, 12:30 AM
Games that have good cutscenes that allow you to watch the cutscenes outside of the game once you have viewed them. It would be great if more RPGs would do that. Metal Gear should do it in their initial game release as well, instead of having to wait for the "Substance/Subsitance/Sustenance" version to have the Demo Theatre.

Madame Adequate
01-07-2007, 12:36 AM
Ragdoll physics, character customization, and zombies.

Pike
01-07-2007, 02:57 PM
The ability to save wherever and whenever you want, without having to wait until you beat a level or go find the nearest save crystal or whatever... XD

Eiko Guy
01-08-2007, 05:29 AM
yes I love games where during cutscenes stuff happens that you have to press buttons to make it go correctly.

Wolf Kanno
01-09-2007, 08:01 AM
Detail in the world. When a game has an expanded history (reference to historical or local lore that doesn't have to do with the main game) or a well thought cohesive world that seems to be alive. Like FFXII, Xenogears, and SOIII.

Open ended approaches to problems. To elaborate, when you reach a puzzle (this is extremely rare by the way) or in a battle (much more common) when you have several options or completely different strategies to beating a boss. This is why I like fighting games and the Metal Gear series so much. Also nuking an enemy with different high level magic doesn't count... so most rpg's never do it really well...

Setzer Gabianni
01-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Reasonable story, decent and easy-to-get-to-grips with gameplay, and decent characters.

That's all I guess. Graphics aren't an issue. Puzzle's aren't either. Well, they can be, but it isn't something I particularly care about.

Kanshisha
01-09-2007, 11:23 AM
just any thing that can hurt someone...and of course they can be upgraded by looks and by their power...

RiseToFall
01-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Campfires.

Roto13
01-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Innovation. Everything is more interesting when you're doing it for the first time ever.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-09-2007, 05:07 PM
So what is something that you love to have in your games. somethinng that makes it complete. For me its weapon variety. I don't want just swords and daggers give us some whips, boomerangs, heck even a yoyo or something.
What about you

Yes whips, and handcuffs too

NeoCracker
01-09-2007, 05:28 PM
I use to want a game that just beat itself. But then when they finally released X-2, I decided that wasn't such a good desire.

Lionx
01-09-2007, 11:50 PM
I know it sounds funny, but a cute furry thing or critter usually makes me wanna buy a game...i have a soft spot for them X3...now if only theres an RPG that has one for a main character...