PDA

View Full Version : Die Hard or The Fifth Element?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-07-2007, 03:58 AM
Which Bruce Willis movie do you prefer Die Hard or The Fifth Element? As much as I like Die Hard I prefer The Fifth Element because I love a good Sci-fi film.

kikimm
01-07-2007, 04:00 AM
I've never been interested in Die Hard. I do love Bruce Willis, but yeah. No thanks. The Fifth Element I loved, though. I watched it a lot when I was a kid. I've been meaning to watch it again.

The Unknown Guru
01-07-2007, 04:08 AM
Very tough choice, but I prefer Die Hard. I've never completely respected sci-fi.

Martyr
01-07-2007, 04:09 AM
fif!

In case that looks like spam, I may as well digress and say that fif represents The Fifth Element. Also, it symbolizes that there never even was a Die Hard Five, and the Fifth Element began with a 5 in its title. The winner is obvious. The one with the hottest chick, ugliest bad guys, and most badass hero: fif!

for the honor...

Captain Maxx Power
01-07-2007, 12:09 PM
The Fifth Element. It has too many great moments in it to count. My personal favourite : "Thanks Ray..."

Little Blue
01-07-2007, 12:28 PM
The Fifth Element. A great sci-fi movie.

Breine
01-07-2007, 12:37 PM
I'd have to say The Fifth Element. The Die Hard series just never interested me that much.

The Fifth Element is a great Science Fiction movie, although it's a bit cheesy at times... But who cares - it's good entertainment.

Dr Aum
01-07-2007, 03:15 PM
The Fifth Element is one of my favorite movies.

Multipass?

Mirage
01-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Leelo Dallas!
Multipass!

Vermachtnis
01-07-2007, 04:31 PM
The Fifth Element is my second favorite movie of all time. I used to watch that every time I went to my cousins house.

NeoCracker
01-07-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm going with Spy Hard

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Spy Hard? I've never heard of that movie.

Darth Anarcus
01-07-2007, 06:19 PM
The Fifth Element. Naked Milla Jovovich.:D

Jess
01-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Wait, how did you narrow it down to these two? There are plenty of awesome Bruce Willis films. :D

I go for The Fifth Element out of these two, though! :jess:

Bunny
01-08-2007, 05:59 PM
I did not really enjoy either of them. I am not a big fan of Milia Jovovich's looks.

m4tt
01-08-2007, 10:19 PM
The 5th Element, because it has Christ Tucker.

I just saw Die Hard (all three of them actually) for the first time on saturday, good movies. But 5th Element is better imo.

edczxcvbnm
01-08-2007, 10:23 PM
The first die hard or the die hard series in general? Fifth element if it is the first die hard movie but I would go for die hard if it is meant as the series. I liked Die Harder and Die Hard with a Vengeance a whole lot more than the original Die Hard.

Dreddz
01-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Die Hard.

Araciel
01-08-2007, 11:40 PM
it's not a decision at all, fifth element was such a complete movie, it had sci fi, love, comedy, action...all the elements came together and didn't clash...perfect.

die hard is good, but it's not as good as the fifth element.

Cipher
01-09-2007, 12:04 AM
Fifth Element, easily. Die Hard never was that big of a deal to me.

The would-be thief in the VERY beginning of Fifth Element, however... I've seen that movie a billion times and I die laughing EVERY BLOODY TIME I see that scene. :(

NINJA_Ryu
01-09-2007, 04:05 AM
Police: Are you classified as human?
Korben Dallas: Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

Cant go wrong with that, never.

ljkkjlcm9
01-09-2007, 04:19 AM
Fifth element, plus Mila Jovovich is hot... pretty good choice for the "perfect" being

THE JACKEL

Avarice-ness
01-09-2007, 04:29 AM
*claps for Bruce Willis*

:love:

Dreddz
01-09-2007, 04:36 PM
The first die hard or the die hard series in general? Fifth element if it is the first die hard movie but I would go for die hard if it is meant as the series. I liked Die Harder and Die Hard with a Vengeance a whole lot more than the original Die Hard.

You have weird tastes, Die Hard is the only decent one in the trilogy, the other two are crap ( especially With a Vengeance ).

The Fifth Element would of been better if they removed Chris Tuckers character all together, he ruined the tone and mood of the movie. Movie gets two big pluses though. 1. You get to see Milla Jovovich's boobs. 2. You get to see them again.

Raistlin
01-09-2007, 05:37 PM
You people are all insane. Die Hard is great.

Bunny
01-09-2007, 05:40 PM
I swear I must be the only person on the planet that does not find Milia Jovovich attractive in any way.

edczxcvbnm
01-09-2007, 05:52 PM

You have weird tastes, Die Hard is the only decent one in the trilogy, the other two are crap ( especially With a Vengeance ).

WHAT? Vengeance is the best! Sam Jackson and Bruce had such great on screen chemistry and was probably the funniest of all 3 movies.

Die Harder had Sipowicz from NYPD blue and the DA from Law and Order. You can't go wrong! Not to mention Carl Winslow made another appearance. I realize I am alone on this movie being better than Die Hard. Most people go for the first or the third.

Dreddz
01-09-2007, 05:59 PM

WHAT? Vengeance is the best! Sam Jackson and Bruce had such great on screen chemistry and was probably the funniest of all 3 movies.

Die Harder had Sipowicz from NYPD blue and the DA from Law and Order. You can't go wrong! Not to mention Carl Winslow made another appearance. I realize I am alone on this movie being better than Die Hard. Most people go for the first or the third.
Die Hard had Alan Rickman. But the actors arent and shouldnt be the reason to say one film is better than the other. Even if the T-1000 in Die Harder was totally awesome.

Loony BoB
01-10-2007, 01:29 PM
Die Hard, only because I've seen The Fifth Element about twenty times and I'm sick of it. Seriously, does everyone have that DVD? Does every channel play it every three months? And why am I the only person who seems to have seen it more than twice when I go to someone's house and they say "Oh, we can watch this!"? :(

edczxcvbnm
01-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Die Hard had Alan Rickman. But the actors arent and shouldnt be the reason to say one film is better than the other. Even if the T-1000 in Die Harder was totally awesome.

Your right.

The reason I like Die Hard with a Vengeance the most of the three is that it is pretty much all action and comedy from the start of the movie to the end. BOOM with in the first 2 minutes and it rarely lets up. Just awesome!

Die Harder I will admit is more of a person liking...probably for many of the same unexplainable reasons that I like Fellowship of the Ring far more than the other two LotR movies.

Madame Adequate
01-11-2007, 04:32 PM
The Die Hard series is quite fantastic, it has to be said.

But it doesn't have anything on The Fifth Element. That wins by virtue of Milla* alone, nevermind that everything else is completely awesome (Zorg!) and it's one of the best movies I've ever seen.

* Bunny, you're an alien. Even straight girls and gay guys are hot for her. The only possible explanation for being the only person on the planet who doesn't find her gorgeous is if you're not FROM this planet.