PDA

View Full Version : boss fight Rosso the Crimson

StFFr
01-07-2007, 12:03 PM
hey there everyone, I need some advice on how to beat Rosso ... she's a tough lady to me ... and I'm not experienced in these shooting games. To be honest ... I'm surprised I even made it this far. Does leveling up help or will it only make her harder?

DK
01-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Hopefully you powered your handgun upto it's highest power cerberus level, then just shoot her until she starts flinging the homing shots at you and hide behind something big like one of the containers and once both shots hit and she's waiting for a couple of seconds, rush out and shoot her some more for a bit, then keep hiding and shooting until she changes to the ones that rush along the floor, then just jump around as much as possible, never stay still shooting her, and then I can't remember if that's her last pattern or if she does something new but keep blasting her until she dies anyway. Worked for me :monster:

boys from the dwarf
01-09-2007, 07:25 PM
keep moving.

if you double jump late you should be able to dodge the red homing attack and also, keep your distance because her physical combos are powerful. usually if you move away from her while she's attacking, the combo will miss. on low health, rosso's combo becomes much longer but its just as easy to dodge. the bullets will be easily avoided if you just lock on and strafe left or right.

try to move sideways and backwards at the same time so you stay at a safe distance while fighting so that way, if rosso speed at you to do a combo, you can see it coming and dodge.

there is also a vending machine where you fight her so you can buy healing items.

StFFr
01-10-2007, 04:32 PM
okay thank you very much for the replies :) I guess I just need to upgrade Cerberus a bit more and I'll use the tips you've given me.

chaosomegaultima
01-10-2007, 06:14 PM
another thing to. when she has little to no health left, act fast to switch your barrelto the lucky barrel" to rake in the major experience. it'll help when you have to go up against neo azul

StFFr
01-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Thank you ... I'll try doing that ... but woosh she gets pretty fisty when she's on low health. She keeps jumping towards me and attacking me with her melee attacks.

sub zero
01-15-2007, 12:04 PM
run in circles and fire like crazy use your poitions then hi-poitions then mega poitions then x-poitions and hope you dont run out of ammo (like almost did against her and wiess(ran out against nero lol). by run around in circles i mean run around rosso in circles then her attacks rarely hit just watch out for teh homing one.

boys from the dwarf
01-15-2007, 05:15 PM
yeah. on my first playthrough i had to fight weiss with a level 3 rifle (or the one above that) because i had no ammo for anything else.

anyway. how are you doing?

i'd suggest investing in the accessory that increase physical damage and also have a blizzard materia and buy the two items that raise the magics power.

because the second part of the azul battle is hard. you can only damage him with magic and physical attacks by if you have a blizzard materia on full power (level 3. it starts on level one and each of them items raises it by one.) if you dont have the materia floater and the other one, just buy them. there 1000gil each.

if you have a lot of ethers you should be able to nearly kill him or kill him just by using magic.

StFFr
01-17-2007, 05:31 PM
I have finally finally beaten Rosso ... I guess I got angry and couldn't stop shooting her lol. I had a Ceberus III M thing it had 48 bullets in it and I forgot to use materia lol instead I meleed her a few times.

I'm at the Shinra manor right now just blasting away a few soldiers here and there. It won't be long until I get to Azul. Maybe dying helps...to gain money to remodel Cerberus. Or is that a bad bad tactic?

boys from the dwarf
01-18-2007, 07:35 AM
it means you'll die a lot but thats about it.

what level are you on? or how much HP do you have because you dont seem to have much money if you only have the cerberus 3.

StFFr
01-18-2007, 04:05 PM
lol yes i am indeed broke. I'm level 12 right now and I've just defeated Azul with every bit of magic i had left...I don't think i can last long with my poor old Cerberus 3. Do you perhaps know how to gain money?

chrisfffan
01-18-2007, 10:29 PM
don’t get near her when she’s swinging her sword about!

G3ORGE
01-21-2007, 11:13 AM
Azul is completely ghey! took ages to work out magic > guns on him and another tip Limit breaker = full potion thing :D

Cruise Control
01-21-2007, 03:12 PM
I reccomend P cerberus. The M path has terrible stats.

Equip the Lucky S Barrel, it doubles teh amount of exp you get. Take gil instead of experience. And die. A LOT. Prefferably on a level you already pick up a lot of gil. Pick it up, die, and get gil instead of exp (which is doubled thanks to your lucky s barrel). Repeat.

StFFr
01-23-2007, 08:06 PM
omg thank you so much ... this really helps. now i am able to gain that P cerberus gamma thing

Big D
01-25-2007, 05:11 AM
My 'strategy' for Rosso involves running backward. A lot. By continually retreating whilst continuously spraying rounds at her from a decent-range weapon, it's possible to do plenty of damage in reasonable safety.

GenjiSlash
02-09-2007, 06:26 AM
That's odd. I dont remember the lucky s barrel. U get it from upgrading 1 of the barrels?

Cruise Control
02-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Follow these instructions TO THE LETTER:

For this mission, you need to take four items in this section, they all are
blocking by the laser gates, one of them is blocking by seven laser gates, so you have to explore all the Card Key for them. Here are the location for all Card Key and the way to get them.

-Get in to the building where the DG soldiers shoot you just now, in the sewer behind, pay attention on the ceiling, you can see a black bomb there, shoot it for the first Card Key.

-Reached to the heavy mcahine gun, use it aim to the rooftop of the building in front, turn slightly left, you can see a white crate there, shoot it down then go to destroy it for the Card Key.

-Now stand at the left side from machine gun, use your long range weapon as well as pluging the Sniper Scope, direct to right hand side, aim to the building just now, find a black bomb inside the broken huge pipe, shoot it down, then go to destroy it for the Card Key.

-Advance to the following building beside, when climbing the long ladder, you can see a Card Key in the air, you have to jump from the top to get it.

-Climb from the long ladder just now, search behind the Shop Machine, another Card Key hiding there.

-Destroy the crate near the Shop Machine to get one more Card Key.

-Jump down from though the window, go to the side of the precipice, there is another Card Key there, coordinate is G-6. Becareful when taking it, if you fall down, the mission will end here.

-Back to the area where you begin the mission, there is a laser gate locking two Card Keys inside, use one of your Card Key to get two more.

-Now you should have enough Card Key to unlock the item with seven laser gate blocking in the sewer, the coordinate is I-7. Open all seven laser gate for the Lucky S Barrel and two more Card Keys here.