PDA

View Full Version : software takes screenshots of videos

atlanteay
01-07-2007, 11:15 PM
I know that i have to turn off hardware acceleration in order to take screenshots of my videos but is there a software that can take only the part of the video i'm playing and automatically saves it in a place so i can take large amounts?

I am planning on making a screenshot gallery and i need a easy and fast way to take screens of videos. Since i'm gonna be taking about 100 images, it's really hard to take screens through hypersnap or printScreenSysRq.

So basically, a software that takes ONLY the region of the video and saves it automatically so i can just press a hotkey and the screen saves itself in a designated folder.

Renmiri
01-08-2007, 02:24 AM
Irfanview is great for taking lots of screenshots

EDIT: Windows Movie Maker allows you to take screenshots of the video WITH acceleration on

Roto13
01-08-2007, 02:27 AM
VLC Media Player can take screenshots. I usually use VirtualDub, though, for frame-by-frame. It doesn't automatically save screenshots as far as I know, but you can copy them to your clip board.

atlanteay
01-08-2007, 03:03 AM
so vlc player can automatically save the files? i can't use virtualdub or movie maker because the video file is not supported by those.

Roto13
01-08-2007, 03:29 AM
Ah, I see. Yeah, VLC can automatically take screenshots and save them somewhere.

atlanteay
01-08-2007, 03:31 AM
thank you so much Roto! it automatically saved in my pictures folder so now it's jammed in there :p but who cares, i got the screens and saved a lot of time! Thanks again!!

Roto13
01-08-2007, 03:35 AM
You're welcome. For future reference, you can change the folder it saves screenshots to in the options menu.