PDA

View Full Version : Astrology and Marriage

Besimudo
01-08-2007, 01:37 AM
Here is an interesting point that Carl Jung noted about astrology.

Did you know that 98% of all married couples will have their moon, sun, mid-heaven, or ascendant in the same zodiacal sign? Out of the 12 signs, 10 rulers, 4 strong points [ascendant, descendant, mid-heaven, and IC]; couples share one very important sign. For instance, my sun is Sagittarius, my husband's moon is Sagittarius; my sister's ascendant was Taurus, her husband's sun was Taurus, my mother's moon was Scorpio, dad's sun was Scorpio, my mother-in-law and father-in-law were both Gemini suns. My daughter has an Aquarius sun, her husband has an Aqurius moon, my son has a Pisces sun, his wife a Pisces moon - you get the picture. This pattern repeats in 98% of all married couples. It doesn't mean they are soul-mates or well suited for each other at all, because there is so much more to consider in the relationship itself and other placements in the natal chart. This was first discovered by Carl Jung, the famous Psychologist, and I have since found the pattern absolutely incredible.

Source: http://the-red-thread.net/defending-astrology.html

One of the main reasons modern humans do not like astrology is becuase we can't understand it and we cannot control it.

Anyhow, lets see where our modern ideals end up when the economy spirals out of control and the environment plays problems.

Kanshisha
01-08-2007, 01:40 AM
Hmmm...you talk too much...but i guess 98% is a high rate i thought it was 50%

Besimudo
01-08-2007, 01:45 AM
Haha...

Thank-you. Why else would my avatar be Quistis?

I like to slip back to the world that our childhood was built on, namely, imagination. All too often we find ourselves entangled by numerous facts of Law, Economy and Science ... which are, by nature linked to the ever-changing pace of politics. :)

Kanshisha
01-08-2007, 01:58 AM
it can also be coincidence of the same star sign...

Renmiri
01-08-2007, 02:03 AM
hihi! Good joke Squall!

Me and my hubby have Pisces as moon sign, does that count ?

Christmas
01-08-2007, 02:05 AM
Carl Jung and I go way back. We used to share barbie dolls together. :bigsmile:

abrojtm
01-08-2007, 02:05 AM
Doesn't astrology usually put people in different signs (not the same) compatable?

Dr Aum
01-08-2007, 02:06 AM
I'd enjoy seeing Jung's original study and a list of his sources/subjects. I'm incredulous.

On a related note, though, I have noticed that a very large number of non-heterosexual people are either Scorpio or to a lesser extent, Gemini. Probably just a coincidence or sampling error, though.

Dr Unne
01-08-2007, 02:07 AM
Did you know 87% of statistics are made up on the spot? 73% of all people know that.

Shlup
01-08-2007, 02:11 AM
I thought it was 84%. Making things up is on the rise!!!!!!!!!

Roto13
01-08-2007, 02:13 AM
Did you know 87% of statistics are made up on the spot? 73% of all people know that.

I'm sure I saw this joke around here somewhere already today.

Levian
01-08-2007, 02:26 AM
I'm 89% sure it was two days ago.

Besimudo
01-08-2007, 02:36 AM
Me and my hubby have Pisces as moon sign, does that count ?

It is good that you know that. Often, star sign chats are a great way to connect to people. It is better than talking about my work or some other esoteric topic that relates only to me. It enables us to be interested in others.

Good to see that Dr. Unne is coming to terms with my previous attack on statistics.:)

Anyhow, critics make these threads delightful. The fact that you read these astro-bull-$#%@ threads is interesting ... given your predisposition to purely scientific things ... whatever they are.

It could just be your vigil against tree hugging hippies or, dare I say curiosity?

---- stamps foot with vexation -----

P.S. I am not a hippie, but I don't drive a car on moral grounds, but that might be the whole environmental chemistry thing too ...

Cheers,

Thankyou for reading

Dr Aum
01-08-2007, 03:06 AM
The fact that you read these astro-bull-$#%@ threads is interesting ... given your predisposition to purely scientific things ... whatever they are.

I've also watched this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0K_LZDXp0I).

Renmiri
01-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Turtles with a hat are more believable than 98% statistics ;)

Bunny
01-08-2007, 05:22 PM

I'm sure I saw this joke around here somewhere already today.

I believe I made it.

One of the main reasons modern humans do not like astrology is becuase we can't understand it and we cannot control it.

And yet, how many people have faith in a God, believing that everything happens for a reason and no single person has control over what events occur, it is all apart of a divine plan. A good number of folks take worship in such an individual, despite not understanding it completely.

Do not try to generalize human nature. You will fail and you will do so miserably. It isn't your fault. No single person can understand how everyone else works. We are unique to ourselves.

Roto13
01-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Everyone says that.

Bunny
01-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Says what, Mr. 13?

Roto13
01-08-2007, 05:59 PM
No single person can understand how everyone else works. We are unique to ourselves.

Bunny
01-08-2007, 06:00 PM
No two people think exactly alike, so in that way, it is pretty true. And only assumptions can be made on how everyone else works. Plenty of people defy science and/or logic.

Roto13
01-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Stop ruining my awesome joke! :mad2:

Bunny
01-08-2007, 06:05 PM
I AM BUNNY, RUINER OF AWESOME JOKES HEAR MY... what sound do bunnies make?

CARROT-CHOMPING NOISE.

num num num

Odaisé Gaelach
01-08-2007, 06:10 PM

...And, we don't care.

Trent
01-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Okay, first of all, astrology is a very silly thing, no matter what you say.

Anyhow, lets see where our modern ideals end up when the economy spirals out of control and the environment plays problems.

- Understanding it, controlling it? But, astrology is but a mere human invention, I can rather imagine "modern humans" not liking it for reasons such as unnecesarity. Something like astrology is but mere patterns we discovered, so how could certain people not be able to "control" it, since it is just a discovery as another?

- And, with that last line you're saying there: you're saying astrology is gonna save society one day?

:roll:

Roto13
01-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Okay, first of all, astrology is a very silly thing, no matter what you say.

That struck me as really funny for some reason.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-08-2007, 08:27 PM
I am weary of your 98%, considering where it came from, what size of population did they draw from, etc...

Anyways, as for compatibility, the tendency is that people whose sign share the same element are often compatible. Coincidentally both my parents are air signs. Most of the time people of the same sign are compatible, but not always. What the twist is that because they are similar by virtue of element, therein lies a source for conflict of likes repelling. An example would be two people who are stubborn, this can lead to conflicts.

fire_of_avalon
01-08-2007, 09:19 PM
I AM BUNNY, RUINER OF AWESOME JOKES HEAR MY... what sound do bunnies make?

CARROT-CHOMPING NOISE.

num num num
All the bunnies I've been around were pretty quiet until they got hurt. Then they screamed. It's pretty horrible. I forbid you to make screamy bunny noises.

I think that it might be true that a large percentage of married people share a sign in some way, but there are also many ways in which two people could share a sign. Because of that, I don't necessarily believe it is important to share a sign. But it is kind of interesting.

Besimudo
01-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Indeed,

All major traditions have prophesied catastrophe. And, from what history has demonstrated, it is likely that our modern world will fall. This could be in some peculiar way. Take a real gem from the world of modern myth such as the millennium bug. The scientists and so forth believed they understood it plain and simple like the weather. Unfortunately, we had very little idea of what might happen, so people withdrew money from banks and went a little crazy.

Aggregation is the stuff of myth. Remember before when I said that myth related to the reptilian brain?

When $@#% hits the fan, people react is aggregation, they get scared. The millennium bug is just one small example of a modern myth - so don't get carried away.

Modern humans have constructed innumerable modern myths. In fact this might require a new thread.

My point is that astrology was and still is an important science. It relates the cosmos to the worldly arena. It elevates humans to use their bipedal form - only swans have been scientifically shown to use the stars at night. Humans can and do wonder about the stars and without astrology, we would not have the more precise sciences.

What happens when the precise sciences become harder to practice e.g. famine, natural disaster, catastrophe ... it will come back to humans gazing at the stars in our old fashioned oral tradition.

Astrology does not require text books or expensive equipment ... it is indeed a truly oratory method of coming to grips with the cosmos.

Ask a group of scientists to name that star in the night. I bet one or two will know (unless it is an astronomy group).

The fact is that astronomy is esoteric. It cannot replace the simple beauty of astrology, which can impress everyone.;)