PDA

View Full Version : Saddam Hanged On Religious holiday

Besimudo
01-08-2007, 03:44 AM
Ok, everyone is jumping up and down about Saddam's sentence. What interests me is the fact that he was hanged on a religious holiday. Any intelligent thoughts?

P.S. all posts must be cited using APA style and submitted for approval by the dean. ;)

Cheers.

Rye
01-08-2007, 03:48 AM
He was just barely hung on their holy day. They tried to do it before the day, but the end of hanging ended up going on to the very beginning of the sunrise of the holy day. Depends on your definiton. I don't think he really was. But then again, I don't celebrate their religion.

Christmas
01-08-2007, 03:53 AM
Saddam was hanged on my Dog's birthday. :(

Del Murder
01-08-2007, 03:54 AM
Oh, well if it was 'just barely'.

Actually I don't think it matters.

Martyr
01-08-2007, 03:56 AM
Any intelligent thoughts?

Yeah Right.

Hung on a religious holiday, eh?
That's good. If the kids didn't get out of school for it before, hopefully they'll get out of school for Saddam Hussein Hanging Day.

Dr Aum
01-08-2007, 04:02 AM
Any intelligent thoughts?

The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side.

And I also agree that there's probably no deeper meaning to the date of Hussein's execution.

Besimudo
01-08-2007, 04:15 AM
The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side.

Indeed, If i only had a brain ... no wait that was the Scar ... ;)

Meat Puppet
01-08-2007, 04:37 AM
That’s pretty cool. I was more upset when Stanley Williams was executed on my birthday.

Big D
01-08-2007, 04:50 AM
He never came across as profoundly devout - in fact, the extreme fundamentalists dislikes him because of this - but executing him during a holiday was rather crass and ill-advised.

I'm more infuriated by their hanging him before he could be brought to trial for his many other atrocities and war crimes, such as the many incidents in which he received aid or support from western governments.