PDA

View Full Version : GameCube or Wii?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-08-2007, 05:00 AM
Which version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess do you prefer the GameCube vesion or the Wii version? I haven't played Twilight Princess yet so I'll reserve my judgment.

RiseToFall
01-08-2007, 05:06 AM
I haven't played either version yet, but from what I've read, the one on the Wii sounds like it's more fun.

Though it would be hard to compare since people would probably only have one version or the other.

edczxcvbnm
01-08-2007, 05:09 AM
I find using the wiimote to do sword movements to be gimmicky and annoying. I also don't like having to aim at me TV all the time to use things like arrows to be fun. I prefer the gamecube version. I own the cube version and have see and tried the wii version(Sephex).

Madame Adequate
01-08-2007, 10:33 AM
I find using the wiimote to do sword movements to be gimmicky and annoying. I also don't like having to aim at me TV all the time to use things like arrows to be fun.

Oooooh, lookie dat. Huxley's predictions are coming true already.

Kanshisha
01-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Hmm wii would be fine for me.. more interactive...but the GC is just plain boring with the norm controller...try something different..

KentaRawr!
01-08-2007, 11:53 AM
I'll wait until I get the GCN version to vote, but the Wii Version's controls seem fine to me. I wouldn't prefer a GCN controller to the Wii Remote, but I will admit that I'd prefer to press a button for the sword, even though having a seizure in my wrist is a worthy substitute. The only thing the Wii Remote seems to improve is aiming at stuff with long-range weapons, actually.

Dr Aum
01-08-2007, 12:21 PM
I haven't played the GC version, but I love the controls in the Wii version. Aiming especially is absolutely fantastic--I can't stand aiming with an analog stick. The sword controls are enjoyable too if you use small movements to conserve energy.

JKTrix
01-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Most people will only get one version--if they have a Wii chances are they got the Wii for Zelda. If they can't get a Wii but have a GC they'll likely get the GC version.

I haven't played much of the GC version, but playing that after completing the Wii version felt slightly like a downgrade. The biggest thing for me was the spin attack--after being able to do it instantly on the Wii it felt so cumbersome to hold down the A button.

However, the fundamental differences between Wii/GC versions can be compared to the DS vs DS lite (where the Wii version=Lite, GC version = Original DS). While the Wii version has different/improved/enhanced features, the actual game itself is the same. They're different enough that it feels different when you play it (I felt kinda dizzy running around Hyrule field, everything was the wrong way), but as far as the story and everything else related to the core game, it's the same.

Wii version has the advantage for me, more for the widescreen support and instant spin-slash than for the long distance targeting. Though if I see the GC version in the bargain bin in a while, I'll probably pick it up. By then, Wii's map layout will be fuzzy in my memory and I won't be so confused when I play.

Roto13
01-08-2007, 02:01 PM
I haven't played much of the GC version, but playing that after completing the Wii version felt slightly like a downgrade. The biggest thing for me was the spin attack--after being able to do it instantly on the Wii it felt so cumbersome to hold down the A button.

1) You can't just rotate the control stick any more?
2) The A button, not the B button?

Blarggag. I haven't played the GCN version, but I liked aiming at the tv. I never liked the bow in the other 3D Zelda games.

Levian
01-08-2007, 02:29 PM
Yeah, you can just rotate the control stick and tap B lightly.

I've only played the GC version, so I don't know which one is better. I'm probably not going to buy a Wii until the next Resident Evil comes out for it and that's going to take a while since they haven't even finished RE5 for PS. So yeah, I'll revive this thread in two years and tell you. :mog:

Renmiri
01-08-2007, 05:41 PM
The contrlols are almost impossible on the Gamecube. First time since I switched from N64 that I have so much trouble with a Gamecube game!

Roto13
01-08-2007, 05:52 PM
The contrlols are almost impossible on the Gamecube. First time since I switched from N64 that I have so much trouble with a Gamecube game!

Did you play Wind Waker or the N64 Zelda games on the Game Cube?

Levian
01-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Yeah, the N64 Zeldas on Gamecube were definitely harder than TP, mainly because of the C stick replacing the C buttons. The X and Y buttons in TP being used instead is definitely an improvement. Took me a while to get used to R-Targeting instead of Z-Targeting too, but they use that in TP too.

I don't really remember the button setup in WW.

JKTrix
01-08-2007, 06:29 PM
I think 'Z-Targeting' on the GC would have been weird, since the Z button is in such an odd position.

I forgot about the rotating stick thing, didn't even try to do that :P

Renmiri
01-08-2007, 07:53 PM
x and y are just impossible, I'm stuck on that bridge right after Kokiri village, I just can't kill the ogre before he throws link down the bridge :(

Kanshisha
01-08-2007, 08:14 PM
is he rolling down? if so you just dodge him...stay near the walls

Jowy
01-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Renmiri: Use a spin attack.

I like my GCN version a whole lot.