Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of the Best

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

Default One of the Best

Does anyone else agree that this is one of the best Final Fantasy games ever! Of course not the best ( go take your guess which one I think is). So who else thinks this.

(SPOILER)Final Fantasy VII still the best

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh yes, it's awesome. The Job system is genius. And with the remake even the script is enjoyable.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

This is the only Final Fantasy game where I don't dredge a certain part of it and want to stop playing. It makes me <3 inside.

I enjoy this game an immeasurable amount!

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

FFV houses three of the greatest Final Fantasy characters of all time: Faris, Galuf and Gilgamesh.

The game itself I've always found very enjoyable and never understood why it has always taken a "back seat" to the other games (especially FFVII) in the series.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

It's the best of all 2D FF's for me, and my second favorite of all Final Fantasy games, only IX (which I think of as the best one) surpasses it for me.

Hmm i enjoyed the game very much....the only time i stopped playing it for a while was when i was just about to finish the game then a black out came....

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage View Post
    The game itself I've always found very enjoyable and never understood why it has always taken a "back seat" to the other games (especially FFVII) in the series.
    Maybe 'cause it was a lesser-known FF, not being released in the US until FFA.

But I've always felt that FFV was obne of the better ones. Frankly, I like it better than FFIV.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I think FFV is the most underrated SNES FF game, and it definitely gets the least amount of attention out of FFIV, FFV and FFVI. While FFIV and FFVI focus on a pretty dark storyline, FFV's story is more lighthearted (although it has a lot of very tragic moments). I still enjoyed FFV's story and thought it had a lot of depth when I played the game for the second time.

However, FFV's main attraction, IMHO, is the Job/Ability system. While FFIV and FFVI had huge storylines, I think their battle systems pretty much pale in comparison with FFV's. The Job/Ability system is fun and addictive, and it lets you customize your characters well, into what you want, but still everyone remains different from one another, so you can't make all-powerful tanks who are carbon copies of each other (like in FFVII, FFVIII and FFX).

While I don't think FFV is the best FF, it has a really great gameplay, and it still has an enjoyable storyline and a great soundtrack in addition to that. The GBA version enhances the user interface and makes the battles even smoother and more enjoyable. In addition, it seems the script has been enhanced a lot, providing some humor and flesh to the characters.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

I didn't like the Ps1 version but the GBA version made me totally happy.

i didnt enjoy this game nearly as much as FF IV and FF VI
    i was actually a bit disappointed with this one, esp with the extra dungeon they added
    what i did like about this one though is that it was quite challenging comparatively

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

its usuall quite hard to fairly compare FF's so i usually dont call FFs better or worse than each other, but this is definetly one i'd reccomend to any FF fan.

it might not have the best story or characters but the characters are usually funny and i really liked them and i enjoyed every bit of this game and i dont recall a place where i didn't feel like playing on or felt bored. i loved the characters and the effective story.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Its been one of my favorites since i first played it. Im glad people are finally seeing this since its re-relese... this forum was dead before then. Its great to see people apreciate it for the incredable game it is... its been under-rated for far too long
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Banned

FF5 was good, but not exceptionally good.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn of Sephiroth View Post
    (SPOILER)Final Fantasy VII still the best
    (SPOILER)Not even close.

(SPOILER)Final Fantasy VII still the worst.

I absolutly love this game. V is my third favorite FF after VIII and IX. Definatly the best of the 2D games in my opinion. I instantly enjoyed everything about this game the very first time I played it. People should give this game more credit